Tim Tebow has a good MLB showcase workout.

Mets take a chance on Tebow. Send him to Instructional League. Mets Sign Tim Tebow
I will be shocked if he ever gets called up to the bigs. He'd be 30 something by the time that would happen. More than likely, he'll wallow away in the minors for a year or two and then move on to whatever.
Power forward, basketball? Hockey goon? :biggrin:
I was thinking more along the lines of the next USA Olympic Curling team.

Mets take a chance on Tebow. Send him to Instructional League.

Mets Sign Tim Tebow
I will be shocked if he ever gets called up to the bigs. He'd be 30 something by the time that would happen. More than likely, he'll wallow away in the minors for a year or two and then move on to whatever.
Well, at least you hope so.
Now why would I hope that?
Because you pretty much laid that sentiment out in your post.

You essentially hope he doesn't succeed.

I still don't understand why a pro football team could not design some plays to utilize Tebos talents. Have a two quarterback system giving tebow option to run or pass. The guy is a baller( even if he is a gator), a leader, and a student of the game. I think he misses being on a team.
He's a Christian. Nobody wants the negative press.
Nobody wants a QB that can't throw. That might have worked in college, but in the pros that doesn't fly in the long run.
Then he easily could have changed positions. He was the best runner at the University Of Florida. Fact is, the Wildcat offence was popular when he was playing.

The problem with Tim Tebow is they wanted him to be something he was not. Quiet about his religion for one. You can be rewarded for protesting your country, but don't praise God openly for scoring touchdowns and not catch Hell from media elistists.
If he could play any one of the positions on a NFL football team better than what any of those teams currently have on their roster, he would be on a team. None of these teams would give a shit what he believes or doesn't believe in, because in the NFL, winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.

Mets Sign Tim Tebow

If I was an owner I'd want him on my team, because not only is he a great athlete, but he's a good person.....and the SOB has personally beaten the crap out of my favorite teams almost singlehandedly.

I still don't understand why a pro football team could not design some plays to utilize Tebos talents. Have a two quarterback system giving tebow option to run or pass. The guy is a baller( even if he is a gator), a leader, and a student of the game. I think he misses being on a team.
Nobody wants a QB that can't throw. That might have worked in college, but in the pros that doesn't fly in the long run.
Then he easily could have changed positions. He was the best runner at the University Of Florida. Fact is, the Wildcat offence was popular when he was playing.

The problem with Tim Tebow is they wanted him to be something he was not. Quiet about his religion for one. You can be rewarded for protesting your country, but don't praise God openly for scoring touchdowns and not catch Hell from media elistists.
If he could play any one of the positions on a NFL football team better than what any of those teams currently have on their roster, he would be on a team. None of these teams would give a shit what he believes or doesn't believe in, because in the NFL, winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.
Bullshit.

Political correctness is everything now.

Mets Sign Tim Tebow

And you are full of shit. All I stated was that he didn't have what it took to make it in the NFL, and I don't believe he has what it takes to make it in MLB.

Bullshit.

Then why isn't the first openly gay player to come out of college on an NFL roster?

Mets Sign Tim Tebow

And you are full of shit. All I stated was that he didn't have what it took to make it in the NFL, and I don't believe he has what it takes to make it in MLB.
He obviously had what it took. He took his team to the playoffs and won more games than a bunch of great throwers. I can give you a very long list of textbook NFL level pocket passers that couldn't even do that. His problem was more political. With the right offense he could do well. Been around for years, but Denver wanted a Peyton Manning and the press made it their mission in life to drive him out of the NFL. Make an example of him. Only 53 roster spots makes Tim Tebow an extravagant toy that most owners felt they could do without.

Bullshit.

Then why isn't the first openly gay player to come out of college on an NFL roster?
Because he couldn't play. How many Heismans did he win? How many national championships did he win? How many times did he get his team into the playoffs? How many times did he score a touchdown in a playoff game?

Zero.

Bullshit.

Because he couldn't play. How many Heismans did he win? How many national championships did he win? How many times did he get his team into the playoffs? How many times did he score a touchdown in a playoff game?

Zero.
Spin it as religious persecution if you must, but the bottom line is he didn't have what it took to stay in the NFL, end of story. If he did, he'd still be playing there regardless of whatever the fuck he does or doesn't believe in. I seriously doubt he'll be making it to the baseball bigs either.

Bullshit.

Zero.
Spin it as religious persecution if you must, but the bottom line is he didn't have what it took to stay in the NFL, end of story. If he did, he'd still be playing there regardless of whatever the fuck he does or doesn't believe in. I seriously doubt he'll be making it to the baseball bigs either.
Actually Michael Vick is still playing, but because he's black. He's a lousy passer too. But white Christians who pray in public really pisses the media off.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

Zero.
Actually Michael Vick is still playing, but because he's black. He's a lousy passers too. But white Christians who pray in public really pisses the media off.
No. Michael Vick is still playing because of his veteran experience and NFL caliber skill set, something Teebow obviously lacked.

Regarding the media being pissed off with professional athletes who happen to be white and christian praying in public: What the fuck are you talking about? White, black and brown christians pray all of the time in public during and after public sporting events.

Bullshit.

Zero.
Actually Michael Vick is still playing, but because he's black. He's a lousy passers too. But white Christians who pray in public really pisses the media off.
No. Michael Vick is still playing because of his veteran experience and NFL caliber skill set, something Teebow obviously lacked.

Regarding the media being pissed off with professional athletes who happen to be white and christian praying in public: What the fuck are you talking about? White, black and brown christians pray all of the time in public during and after public sporting events.
Micheal Vick isn't half the player Tim Tebow is. He's injury prone. Sure, he was fast at one time and could throw a 70 yd pass, but he always had accuracy issues.....and judging by his criminal record, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tim Tebow just pissed off the wrong people.
How dare he be a Republican. How dare he have a heart of gold.
He sets a terrible example for kids.

He should be more like Colin Kaepernick.

Last edited:

Zero.

Micheal Vick isn't half the player Tim Tebow is. He's injury prone. Sure, he was fast at one time and could throw a 70 yd pass, but he always had accuracy issues.....and judging by his criminal record, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tim Tebow just pissed off the wrong people.
How dare he be a Republican. How dare he have a heart of gold.
He sets a terrible example for kids.

He should be more like Colin Kaepernick.
You're delusional. But if it will make you happy, then yes, the only reason Tim Teebow isn't playing in the NFL today is because he is white, christian and republican.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The problem with Tim Tebow is they wanted him to be something he was not. Quiet about his religion for one. You can be rewarded for protesting your country, but don't praise God openly for scoring touchdowns and not catch Hell from media elitists.
Nobody would have cared about any of that, if he had a better arm. Media elitists don't decide who plays, coaches and general managers do.

The problem with Tim Tebow is they wanted him to be something he was not. Quiet about his religion for one. You can be rewarded for protesting your country, but don't praise God openly for scoring touchdowns and not catch Hell from media elitists.
Nobody would have cared about any of that, if he had a better arm. Media elitists don't decide who plays, coaches and general managers do.
Bullshit.

The NFL is a business first, and the liberal media, especially ESPN, has been literally leading the new NFL comish around by the nose.

The point of finding talent is to win but first of all to sell tickets. If a player becomes a distraction it weighs into what his value is.

The NFL is a business first, and the liberal media, especially ESPN, has been literally leading the new NFL comish around by the nose. The point of finding talent is to win but first of all to sell tickets. If a player becomes a distraction it weighs into what his value is.
Your point about them not wanting someone who kneels in prayer doesn't make sense. This happens after NFL games all the time.

7be9157823

pan.jpg

116611385-houston-texan-and-oakland-raider-players-gettyimages.jpg

Forum List

Back