Tick-Tock...the Default Clock is ticking down to zero. So what actually happens next? (Poll)

Which option will the House and Senate and the WH agree on, or will the US default?

• 1. Republican senate blinks and allows a vote w/o filibuster (50 votes not 60)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 2. Democrat senate blinks and uses budget process, a vote-a-rama and then raises Debt Limit

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 3. Democrats use "nuclear option" to need 50 votes instead of 60 votes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Use the 14th Amendment or $1T coin to circumvent Debt Limit

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 5. Debt Limit Breach, the government cannot borrow and must cut spending

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 6. Joe Biden caves and signs the House Bill to avoid a catastrophic default

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The talking heads say that Congress needs to find a fix this week or the US will default on its Debt.
So place your bets, what will happen next. IMHO Biden needs to sign the House Bill or a major disaster happens to his presidency.

1. Republicans blink and allow a senate vote for 50 votes instead of 60
2. Democrats blink and use the budget process and a "vote-a-rama" and then pass the budget before raising the Debt Limit
3. Democrats use "nuclear option" and eliminate the filibuster to raise the debt limit with a simple majority
4. Use the 14th Amendment to say the Debt Limit is unconstitutional, or mint a $1.0T coin.
5. Debt Limit Breach, means that the US government can't borrow any more money and needs to live off current income.

6. Joe Biden and the senate agree to the House Bill and avoid a catastrophe

I would go with 1 or 4, but I think it will be the Repub House that blinks. They will have just enough Repubs from safe districts to cross over and save the day.

That or Biden will invoke the 14th and say Congress does not have the power to enforce a debt limit and the "default" will be pushed back till SCOTUS rules on it.

The talking heads say that Congress needs to find a fix this week or the US will default on its Debt.
So place your bets, what will happen next. IMHO Biden needs to sign the House Bill or a major disaster happens to his presidency.

1. Republicans blink and allow a senate vote for 50 votes instead of 60
2. Democrats blink and use the budget process and a "vote-a-rama" and then pass the budget before raising the Debt Limit
3. Democrats use "nuclear option" and eliminate the filibuster to raise the debt limit with a simple majority
4. Use the 14th Amendment to say the Debt Limit is unconstitutional, or mint a $1.0T coin.
5. Debt Limit Breach, means that the US government can't borrow any more money and needs to live off current income.

6. Joe Biden and the senate agree to the House Bill and avoid a catastrophe
honestly what this country needs is a severe depression with about a 40% unemployment rate to stop these leftist pedophile lovers. this country needs it badly

honestly what this country needs is a severe depression with about a 40% unemployment rate to stop these leftist pedophile lovers. this country needs it badly

I just love you people that wish harm and suffering on the American people due to putting your beloved party before the country itself.

Debt limit breach ... Texas rebels ... no gasoline ... global temperatures crash ... oceans freeze at the equator ... only deep ocean life continues ... environmental issues all solved ... woot ...

I just love you people that wish harm and suffering on the American people due to putting your beloved party before the country itself.
you look at the border lately and the suffering that is happening, as will multiply

you look at the inflation that has rocketed so many families and a debt that will blow up

you look at all the crime ridden blm shit holes where victims are criminals

you have the fbi, cia, and social media rigging elections

are you fucking serious about suffering....LOLOLOLOLOL

we should ship every democrap here to el paso to live

we need a severe depression to right this ship

you look at the border lately and the suffering that is happening, as will multiply

you look at the inflation that has rocketed so many families and a debt that will blow up

you look at all the crime ridden blm shit holes where victims are criminals

you have the fbi, cia, and social media rigging elections

are you fucking serious about suffering....LOLOLOLOLOL

we should ship every democrap here to el paso to live

we need severe depression to right this ship

and then you prove my point.

You are so easy.

I would go with 1 or 4, but I think it will be the Repub House that blinks. They will have just enough Repubs from safe districts to cross over and save the day.
That or Biden will invoke the 14th and say Congress does not have the power to enforce a debt limit and the "default" will be pushed back till SCOTUS rules on it.
1. If the senate votes on something, say a "clean raise" of the Debt Limit, that Bill would be DOA in the House. If the senate votes on the House Bill, would democrat senators vote for it?
2. The 14th Amendment is not the answer, neither is the gimmick coin. The USSC would never allow it.
3. Assuming a default, what all could be cut?
SS would pay about 70% of promised benefits (actual money paid in gets paid out) ($300b/yr)
Welfare payments would stop ($1.6T/yr) ( this is the biggest leak in the ship that needs to be PLUGGED, see below)
Medicaid would stop (~$200b/yr)
Foreign aid would stop ($55b/yr)

Those cuts should cover the $700b a year interest on the Debt

1. In 2022, the federal government spent over $1.6 trillion on welfare programs in the United States. (Source: U.S. Government Spending)
  2. In 2023, the United States is projected to spend $1.3 trillion on welfare programs. (Source: U.S. Government Spending)

Last edited:
1. If the senate votes on something, say a "clean raise" of the Debt Limit, that Bill would be DOA in the House. If the senate votes on the House Bill, would democrat senators vote for it?
2. The 14th Amendment is not the answer, neither is the gimmick coin. The USSC would never allow it.
3. Assuming a default, what al could be cut?
SS would pay about 70% of promised benefits (actual money paid in gets paid out)
Welfare payments would stop
Medicaid would stop
Foreign aid would stop

Those cuts should cover the $700b a year interest on the Debt

1. That is why I said the House would blink and pass a bill without all the cuts. The Senate will vote for it and it will pass.

2. I am not so sure about the 14th. There is some logic that Congress does not have the power to enforce a debt ceiling.

3. The damage for the most part will not be to the Fed Govt but to the citizens of the country. A drop of 40% in the markets is not out of the question, and that would lead to all sorts of ripple effects. I do not believe either party will allow this to happen. This is all just drama so they can say they tried come next November.

1. That is why I said the House would blink and pass a bill without all the cuts. The Senate will vote for it and it will pass.

2. I am not so sure about the 14th. There is some logic that Congress does not have the power to enforce a debt ceiling.

3. The damage for the most part will not be to the Fed Govt but to the citizens of the country. A drop of 40% in the markets is not out of the question, and that would lead to all sorts of ripple effects. I do not believe either party will allow this to happen. This is all just drama so they can say they tried come next November.
I hope that you are right, but IMHO the House members are NOT going to blink.

So, in your opinion, if a default happens, and the stock market crashes, would that help or hurt Biden's chances for re-election in 2024?

It is not wishing anything. It is to just end this. End this suffering of the general population. Why get married and have children? Progs penalize it.

Yes, it is wishing for it. He wants to happen, he wants maximum pain so his beloved party can win a few more votes.

I hope that you are right, but IMHO the House members are NOT going to blink.

Only 10 members need to "defect" to the Dems side and there is enough votes to pass a clean bill. This is what will happen in my opinion.

So, in your opinion, if a default happens, and the stock market crashes, would that help or hurt Biden's chances for re-election in 2024?

I am not sure it will matter, if we default our country is done as we know it and it will never come close to being the same again. The very fact we are talking about this just reinforces my desire to retire to a country that actually has a stable government and economy.

As to your question, I am not sure who the voters will blame the most. It is far too early to tell.

and then you prove my point.

You are so easy.
just kiddin ya bro...lolol......i give you so much credit....about 10 times here i said i bought 10k in bitcoin in the beginning.......that flew over so many heads...lol........you picked it right out...lol.........that was lie to see who was conscious here..lol

Only 10 members need to "defect" to the Dems side and there is enough votes to pass a clean bill. This is what will happen in my opinion.

I am not sure it will matter, if we default our country is done as we know it and it will never come close to being the same again. The very fact we are talking about this just reinforces my desire to retire to a country that actually has a stable government and economy. As to your question, I am not sure who the voters will blame the most. It is far too early to tell.
1. 43 Republicans signed a letter saying that they will NOT support a "clean" debt raise. I believe them.
Even if that happens, how do you pass a "clean raise" when the House members will NEVER pass it?
A "clean raise" will never happen.

2. IMHO our country is already done as we know it.
With a $32T Debt and $750b a year in interest payments the Federal Budget will never support current spending levels.
The "welfare state" is over. Might as well face the truth now and cut spending.

1. 43 Republicans signed a letter saying that they will NOT support a "clean" debt raise. I believe them.
Even if that happens, how do you pass a "clean raise" when the House members will NEVER pass it?
A "clean raise" will never happen.

All you need are 10 House member of the GOP to side with the Dems and there is enough votes to pass a clean raise.

2. IMHO our country is already done as we know it.
With a $32T Debt and $750b a year in interest payments the Federal Budget will never support current spending levels.
The "welfare state" is over. Might as well face the truth now and cut spending.

I guess I would argue there are different levels of "done".

There is "great depression levels" of being done which the default could lead to.

Then there is the "we are no longer able to be the world's police force and last empire" level of done.

You are correct, the current spending is not sustainable. Where to cut from is the debate. Do we cut "welfare" as you call it, or to do we stop funding foreign wars, do we stop invading other countries, do we quit using our military to project our power and get other countries to go along with us.

I would go with the latter, you seem to favor the former.

Forum List

Back