Thug-registry push in NY

Ever read the book "1984"?

This is one of the dumbest ideas in a long time.

I will repeat once more, for the cheap seats;

Republicans are not conservatives!

do they get number also?

I agree. Republicans are NOT Conservatives. In fact there are very few of us True Conservatives out there in this country anymore. The Tea Partiers don't even make the grade so far as I'm concerned.

I don't know about a number, but a microchip might be one hell of an idea.

do they get number also?

I agree. Republicans are NOT Conservatives. In fact there are very few of us True Conservatives out there in this country anymore. The Tea Partiers don't even make the grade so far as I'm concerned.

You confuse me at times.

I'd like to make a few things clear [imo]. government is not to be our big brother, and microchiping someone is exactly that. Once a crook has done his time, it's over, there's not a valid reason to haunt someone for another 10 years b/c he got into a bar fight.

do they get number also?

You confuse me at times.

I'd like to make a few things clear [imo]. government is not to be our big brother, and microchiping someone is exactly that. Once a crook has done his time, it's over, there's not a valid reason to haunt someone for another 10 years b/c he got into a bar fight.

Unless, of course, you happen to be an authoritarian asshole.

You confuse me at times.

What about my viewpoint confuses you? I'm a Moralist and an Authoritarian. I believe that Government has a particular role and scope and within that should have almost unlimited power. Outside of that it should have no power. I don't believe in forgiveness or blind charity. What is there about those views that confuses you?

I think once someone's been released from prison-they've paid their debt to society. With that said I think our punishments for repeat offenders needs to be much stricter, and we need to crack down on certain crimes (DUI for example-we're way too soft on that).

You confuse me at times.

What about my viewpoint confuses you? I'm a Moralist and an Authoritarian. I believe that Government has a particular role and scope and within that should have almost unlimited power. Outside of that it should have no power. I don't believe in forgiveness or blind charity. What is there about those views that confuses you?

When you were talking about conservatives. Authoritarians aren't conservatives.

conservative = freedom
Authoritarians = control

Now that I know you are an Authoritarian I won't be so confused in the future.

Thanks.

conservative = freedom
Authoritarians = control

Thanks.

I see your mistake. Conservatism is most definitely NOT about freedom. It's about Right and Wrong. It's about tradition, and the way things SHOULD be done rather than how they might be done. Authoritarianism is the ground between Conservatism and Fascism at the Right End of the Political Scale.

conservative = freedom
Authoritarians = control

Thanks.

I see your mistake. Conservatism is most definitely NOT about freedom. It's about Right and Wrong. It's about tradition, and the way things SHOULD be done rather than how they might be done. Authoritarianism is the ground between Conservatism and Fascism at the Right End of the Political Scale.

Putting a chip into someone is not conservative, not in the slightest.

It has zero to do with right or wrong and is nothing less than tyranny.

It has everything to do with Right and Wrong. These are people who have already proven they cannot live within the system of Right and Wrong, and there is absolutely nothing that would make any sane person believe that they are now going to live a proper and decent life. Therefore, to protect the law abiding public from their inability to be decent people, they need to be tracked constantly.

It has everything to do with Right and Wrong. These are people who have already proven they cannot live within the system of Right and Wrong, and there is absolutely nothing that would make any sane person believe that they are now going to live a proper and decent life. Therefore, to protect the law abiding public from their inability to be decent people, they need to be tracked constantly.

Not even close.

Prison life should suck from beginning to end so people truly dread returning.

We have laws, once someone has paid thier dues for a crime, they are not to keep paying by being haunted contantly. It will prevent those that have or want to rehad from doing so.

Besides, if we ended the prohabition on the right to bear arms, there would be much less crime. But authoritarians demanded we protect the public by demanded restricted access.

Prison life should suck from beginning to end so people truly dread returning.

Agreed, except that for the most part I think prison should be a life sentence for MOST crimes.

We have laws, once someone has paid thier dues for a crime, they are not to keep paying by being haunted contantly. It will prevent those that have or want to rehab from doing so.

LOL. Rehabilitation is an utter JOKE. Once you have crime in your mind and in your heart there is no going back onto the straight and narrow. You may be able to walk it for a while, but eventually you will step off that path again.

Besides, if we ended the prohabition on the right to bear arms, there would be much less crime. But authoritarians demanded we protect the public by demanded restricted access.

That's a different issue, but even as a gun owner myself, unrestricted gun ownership would not do as much to deter crime as some would like to think.... mostly because so few Americans have the heart, guts, or mental strength to look down the barrel of a gun and end another human life. That's a discussion for another time and place.

Forum List

Back