Throw More Money into Government-Controlled Education

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
That'll really solve the problem – won't it?

Are these people serious? We already spend $25 BILLION of federal funds for No Child Left Behind – what has actually left tens of thousands of kids unable to do simple math or spell common words. And Sec. Duncan wants to throw more at programs that leave your youth believing that Honest Abe was our first president.

Read more by a Romanian conservative @ Throw More Money into Government-Controlled Education

And then there's Queen Nancy's latest move of appointing a Muslim lawmaker to the House intelligence committee – a man who wants to turn all American schools into madrassas @ Pelosi names Muslim lawmaker who wants to model US schools after madrassas to House intel committee Creeping Sharia with links.

I knew nothing I would wind up doing would require advanced mathematics, or if it did, a machine's solution would always be preferred over mine. It's really kind of redundant as a result. Only a very few who go into physics or other hard sciences requiring that kind of math need such instruction since easier maths leads to more complicated ones. But how often have you heard, "I have a different answer than the machine. I think mine is right, and the computer's wrong." :)

What we should be doing is investing in vocational education. Not everyone needs to go to college and a good vocational education can bring huge rewards. Better paying jobs, more satisfaction with you job.

I have never had more than 8th grade basic algebra, but was able to pass electronic and electrical courses which used detailed algebraic equations...never had chemistry and can cook....

What we should be doing is investing in vocational education. Not everyone needs to go to college and a good vocational education can bring huge rewards. Better paying jobs, more satisfaction with you job.
I know what you mean, the society needs people of all skills, and some of those skills do not require college degrees..I thought the first two years of college a waste, since all you do is the same subjects as you did in High School and Jr. High...

College is not a waste. That is GOP fear mongering mantra. To avoid their pitfall of working for someone else for $15 an hour(low wage no benefits) one needs further training. Education is the key to eliminating $7.25 an hour jobs. If those jobs are left unfilled, we have something good going.

Forum List

Back