Three Dog Night

As a kid in the 70's we sometimes hung out at a local subshop that had pinball machines (anyone remember them?). We put money in the jukebox (anyone remember them?) and it got stuck and played "Shambala" about 5 times in a row before we unplugged it.

As a kid in the 70's we sometimes hung out at a local subshop that had pinball machines (anyone remember them?). We put money in the jukebox (anyone remember them?) and it got stuck and played "Shambala" about 5 times in a row before we unplugged it.
We had one at the arcade and it would get stuck on Sylvia’s Mother by Dr Hook. I swore I would never listen to that song again, fast forward 30 years and the band I played in outvoted me and it is part of the set list . I know it will be on an endless loop in hell

Their music was very prominent during my teenage years. They kind of faded away as disco began to take over pop radio. They reunited with all the original members in the early 80's, and I saw them in a small venue in Portland, OR called the Paramount - 4 or 5000 people. Played all their old hits.

Saw them once again in the early 90's. The company I worked for hired them for a Thanksgiving show. Was really cool and intimate to have them play for us, probably only a couple thousand people there. Kind of sad at the same time, a band that in their heyday could fill stadiums now performing such small events. Still, very enjoyable even without one of their 3 singers, Chuck Negron.

Forum List

Back