Thousands of US troops amass on Syrian border for military drill

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Thousands of U.S. Marines arrived in Jordan at around the same time the United States, the United Kingdom, and France were organizing a direct military strike on Jordan’s neighbor, Syria. Shortly after the US-led bombing of Syria over alleged chemical weapons use, the Marine took part in military drills.
Thousands Of US Troops Amass On Syrian Border For Military ‘Drill’
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well this should be interesting. Maybe they will just play drill games. Riiiiiight.

Thousands of U.S. Marines arrived in Jordan at around the same time the United States, the United Kingdom, and France were organizing a direct military strike on Jordan’s neighbor, Syria. Shortly after the US-led bombing of Syria over alleged chemical weapons use, the Marine took part in military drills.
Thousands Of US Troops Amass On Syrian Border For Military ‘Drill’
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well this should be interesting. Maybe they will just play drill games. Riiiiiight.

When did Putin order that? You know Trump doesn't make a move unless Putin orders it. o_O

I was with a MEU/MAU Spec Ops Capable 1987 in the Mediterranean
I never heard of a Jordanian exercise
..we did exercises in France, Tunisia, Corsica, Sardinia ...we spent over 30 days off Beirut ..went to a lot more ports!
..I see we've been in Jordan for some time, though
..the USMC can bring some massive firepower with a ''small'' unit like a MEU/MAU
they have their own anti-tank platoons, plus anti-tank vehicles.....arty/air support-choppers/Harriers/etc....logistics...and it is ''all'' under '''one command'''--one unit....which is an advantage...
. able to land by chopper/AAV/small boat-- or combinations
..medical facilities on ships
..plus they can call on carrier support--with USMC pilots directed by USMC Forward Controllers--
..if in range, USMC can call in naval gunfire support--in 1987 we did have Battleships--but not anymore

Last edited:

Forum List

Back