Thoughts on Thanksgiving and Christmas

I think atheists are thankful as they sit on their arse eating turkey dinner with a paid day off work all because of religious folk they mock.

Your welcome dolts.
I would HAPPILY work Christmas. I despise every second of every minute of every hour of every day of the month and a half of misery called the holidays. The single thing I miss most about my old job is working Christmas.

The forum is Religion and Ethics. Not just religion.
Agreed. Do you think he comes here to discuss ethics?

I’ve had more than enough discussions with him to know why he comes here.

I have been involved in more than a few discussions in this forum. Many of them have been quite spirited. That is the point of these forums.

As far as trying to start a fight, I have probably seen more "Atheists are wrong!" threads than "Christian are wrong!" threads.

If he comes in looking for an argument, he probably finds one. It is what happens on this website.
When people go looking for a fight they shouldn’t be surprised when they get one.

Once again, do you post here only looking for people who agree with you?
I post here for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I am looking for a fight. So I have firsthand knowledge of what that looks like.

Many times, however, I post because I am curious about people’s basis for their beliefs. Other times I post what I believe and why I believe it.

Did that answer your question?

Sort of.

My point is that these forums are created for debate. They are not made for people to post and have only agreement. Everyone who posts on this website is, to one degree or another, looking for a debate or a fight.

True Winter one......that said may i offer my politically and socially incorrect salutations to all usmb members

how loud can i say this?

Happy Thanksgiving

Merry Christmas

~S~

I have been involved in more than a few discussions in this forum. Many of them have been quite spirited. That is the point of these forums.

As far as trying to start a fight, I have probably seen more "Atheists are wrong!" threads than "Christian are wrong!" threads.

If he comes in looking for an argument, he probably finds one. It is what happens on this website.
When people go looking for a fight they shouldn’t be surprised when they get one.

I post here for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I am looking for a fight. So I have firsthand knowledge of what that looks like.

Many times, however, I post because I am curious about people’s basis for their beliefs. Other times I post what I believe and why I believe it.

Sort of.

My point is that these forums are created for debate. They are not made for people to post and have only agreement. Everyone who posts on this website is, to one degree or another, looking for a debate or a fight.
I don’t disagree with that other than to say the degree that people come here to debate varies. Some come here to mock the beliefs of others and shouldn’t be surprised when they get a fight or get called out for doing it.

"The best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint"?

Lol, gloomy Outlook from.a gloomy person in a gloomy religion.

I'll pass.thanks.
You were the one poo pooing thankfulness, not me.

You were the one who couldn’t look past suffering to find silver linings, not me.

William James pegged you.
WTF are you talking about?

I'm the guy who said I don't need goD to be thankful.

Stop projecting your religious misery on to me.
You come to a religious forum to mock the beliefs of others. I think you are the one who is miserable. Why else would you be looking for a fight.

You whine an awful lot.

You were the one poo pooing thankfulness, not me.

You were the one who couldn’t look past suffering to find silver linings, not me.

William James pegged you.

You come to a religious forum to mock the beliefs of others. I think you are the one who is miserable. Why else would you be looking for a fight.

You whine an awful lot.
I wouldn’t have expected you to see it any other way.

You whine an awful lot.
You know why that is?

Because it's true,.that's why.

I'm thankful that my family is all too far away to want to do that sort of shit. Buying presents like sheep for xmas is the ultimate sales pitch and con job. Carry on. BAAAAA!!

When ya get love from all the wrong places, is when you realize. ...MANNN..life is REALLY worth it

I’m not a believer in emotional love, and the lovin’ you seem to be talking about is something I only engage in as part of a relationship.

Sort of.

I don’t disagree with that other than to say the degree that people come here to debate varies. Some come here to mock the beliefs of others and shouldn’t be surprised when they get a fight or get called out for doing it.

It is not just atheists mocking other people's beliefs.

Sort of.

Do you have an example you can share?

You whine an awful lot.
You know why that is?

Because it's true,.that's why.
I am happy for you to see it that way.

This thread demonstrates why Christians are looked at as such a bunch of a-holes

Only Christians can be thankful
Only Christians can celebrate Christmas

Sort of.

Sure. In this thread, on the first page, Votto said:
"I think atheists are thankful as they sit on their arse eating turkey dinner with a paid day off work all because of religious folk they mock.

Your welcome dolts."

Sort of.

"I think atheists are thankful as they sit on their arse eating turkey dinner with a paid day off work all because of religious folk they mock.

Your welcome dolts."
I see. Can you tell me what exactly he mocked about them?

Sort of.

Your welcome dolts."
Haha, oh boy....enter 12 pages of dithering ding, dithering pedantically until everyone vomits....

Sort of.

Your welcome dolts."
Atheists gave us football on Thanksgiving

Praise the lord

Sort of.

Your welcome dolts."

Well, for starters he was not exactly congenial to atheists in the first line.

I guess calling them "dolts" is more insulting that mocking, isn't it?

Especially funny since he apparently can't differentiate between "your" and "you're".

I think atheists are thankful as they sit on their arse eating turkey dinner with a paid day off work all because of religious folk they mock.

Your welcome dolts.

"I think atheists are thankful as they sit on their arse eating turkey dinner with a paid day off work all because of religious folk they mock."

What do YOU sit on when YOU eat turkey?

Your brains?

So if I read you right it pisses you off that I get a paid day off.
Meaning YOU want a paid day off but you want me to work that day?

How can I work if everything is closed?

Does that mean you will let me have the day off but because I am not a christian I shouldn't get paid?

Forum List

Back