Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Fake News is considered to be lies or distortions of the truth. The first wholesale use of lies may have been religions.

Ancient temple inventions meant to fool people

What Do Con Artists and Religious Leaders Have in Common? With Maria Konnikova

Do you think religions were the first propagators of Fake News?

Do you think that the term fraud can be applied to most supernaturally based religions?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...de4181c6fe4ecfd166ce82cf2f48b6a1eddfea9d9.jpg

Religions weren't the first Fake News. Maybe heresies were though.

Where ever there have been men, there has been faith in God.

That this belief has persisted for over 6000 years ought to raise suspicion.

Persisted, yes. Without results and fools are still waiting.

To continue doing the same thing while expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

The religious have a form of insanity.

Regards
DL

Fake News is considered to be lies or distortions of the truth. The first wholesale use of lies may have been religions.

Do you think that the term fraud can be applied to most supernaturally based religions?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...de4181c6fe4ecfd166ce82cf2f48b6a1eddfea9d9.jpg

When man first created religion it was absent sanctioned doctrine and dogma.

With the advent of civilization came deities and dogma; religion was used to control populations and compel conformity – this was accomplished through lies, misinformation, and false religious ritual.

Regards
DL

No, that would be Dan Rathar.

Regards
DL

When man first created religion it was absent sanctioned doctrine and dogma.

With the advent of civilization came deities and dogma; religion was used to control populations and compel conformity – this was accomplished through lies, misinformation, and false religious ritual.

I agree with your last but cannot agree with your view of the more ancient Gods that go back to about 70,000 years ago in Africa.

You could be right but I cannot agree as we have no way of knowing what doctrines or dogma they had in place that far back as records were yet to be kept.

Even 20,000 years ago when goddesses ruled, we know they rules due to archeology but we cannot know if they had doctrines and dogma, although dogma can be surmised as they had to have something to denote the supremacy of the Goddesses. I don't know what you would call that if not a dogma or doctrine.

Regards
DL

No. I think we are hardwired to worship our Creator.
No, man is hardwired to fear death; man created religion and ‘god’ to assuage that fear – religion that is comprised of nonsense such as the notion of a ‘creator.’

I think the biologists are accentuating our selfish gene as the main motivator of our existence.

We are selfish and greedy for good things, and the opposite of that could be seen as us fearing death, a bad thing, but the biologists do not seem to think that fear as being what motivates us to live.

Perhaps I am splitting hairs but biology does not speak of a fearful gene.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yeah I'll buy that. Can't think of anything that would predate it.

No. I think we are hardwired to worship our Creator.
No, man is hardwired to fear death; man created religion and ‘god’ to assuage that fear – religion that is comprised of nonsense such as the notion of a ‘creator.’

I think the biologists are accentuating our selfish gene as the main motivator of our existence.

We are selfish and greedy for good things, and the opposite of that could be seen as us fearing death, a bad thing, but the biologists do not seem to think that fear as being what motivates us to live.

Perhaps I am splitting hairs but biology does not speak of a fearful gene.

Regards
DL
All life is programmed to survive and reproduce. It is fundamental to living things.

Persisted, yes. Without results and fools are still waiting.

To continue doing the same thing while expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

The religious have a form of insanity.

Regards
DL
Darwin would say otherwise. :lol:

Forum List

Back