Thoughts on Race..

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
I have seen in the last few years this argument over race go back and forth and could tell you one of the lessons I learned as a young man in the Navy was that as long as a person was capable,honorable, and worked hard that is how you judged them. To judge a person by the color of their skin is complete nonsense and anyone who engages in such a thing should take pause and understand that honor, friendship, and loyality knows no bounds or color. This nation in which we live has a rich history of people of all races that have contributed to its greatness and have given their lives in its service. We dishonor them when we resort to race name calling because we are better than that as a people. Our nation has so much to address in these times and resorting to race as a means to gain political favor or sympathy takes away from the work needed to be done and dishonors all those who came before us that have given so much for this nation. We are all in this together and regardless of our disagreements we as a nation need to come together to solve those issues.

From my lifetime of observation I think that most blacks are racist, it's been indoctrinated in them since they were born. They tend to live in the past, they refuse to accept the past and move on. And it's my opinion that their inherent racism is what fuels racism against them. Here you have a race of people that have been freed from the chains of slavery and given more opportunities to succeed than any other race and yet they piss it away in favor of playing the victim and they are either too ignorant or stupid to understand that the Democrats are not and never have been their friends.

To continue from what Navy said, I have an anecdote from when I was a young man in the Army (17 to be exact). Since I had 4 years of JROTC, the drill sergeant made me a Squad Leader on day 1. I was required to pick an assistant squad leader. My squad was made up of 11 whites and one black. The first thing I did was to take stock of myself and recognize my weaknesses so that I might be able to complement them with the strengths of another person in this role. My major deficiency was a lack of maturity. I didn't notice a fountain of that in any of the white trainees I had to pick from, but I did notice it in the quiet black soldier in our squad. I selected him as my assistant squad leader without a second thought. It was a good pick and he performed his duties admirably. I never had cause to regret my decision and I was sorry to see him go when he was transferred to the Mortar Platoon.

More recently, I had a consulting job in D.C. working for the city government. As it turned out, I was one of 3 white people in a building full (about 500) black people. I was provided a bird's eye view of the interaction of black people when there are not white people present. I was also provided a opportunity to see how a white guy is treated when he is an out and out minority. Among my observations:

- Black people haven't really heard of sexual harassment and to the degree they have, they believe it only applies to white people.

- There is a certain degree of "street" knowledge that black people are expected to "know" and not question. These are similar to the facts of life. Axioms to live by. One of these is, in essence, "In the end, white people will fuck you." So, they will be friendly towards you and you can pal around a little bit, but there's always them waiting for the, "Uh oh, here it comes, I'm about to get fucked by the white guy."

- When Obama won the presidency, no fewer than 5 out right shrines to him when up around the office. Tables with Obama paraphernalia, pics of him and the family up on the wall etc. In addition, every person had a picture of Obama at their desk or cubicle.

There was more that's enough to get started.

I have met many people in my life and one of the things that I have always been struck by is that people are going to act according to what makes the up regardless of the color of their skin. I have little use for those who use the race card for political reasons or those who engage in the profession of race divsion because it shows a complete lack of character on the part of those doing so. It also shows little knowledge of this nation as a whole and all those who have contributed to it of all colors. The white man who is a racist and then calls himself a loyal American refuses to understand the contributions of men like Dan James, and Dorrie Millier and Cripus Addux as well as the countless others who have walked a post, flown a stike mission, or died in battle for this nation. Likewise the black man who is a racist and calls himself a loyal American does the same thing and both refuse to recognize that in the end we are all in this together and both needed to be condemned for engaging in this kind of conduct so that we might be able to get on with the work needed to get this nation on the right footing once again.

From my lifetime of observation I think that most blacks are racist, it's been indoctrinated in them since they were born. They tend to live in the past, they refuse to accept the past and move on. And it's my opinion that their inherent racism is what fuels racism against them. Here you have a race of people that have been freed from the chains of slavery and given more opportunities to succeed than any other race and yet they piss it away in favor of playing the victim and they are either too ignorant or stupid to understand that the Democrats are not and never have been their friends.

My thoughts exactly. The wealth of social welfare programs given to them in itself is institutionalized racism.

When I was young (the 1950's to 1970's), the racists ruled the roost. (So did the misogynists, etc.) The average person of adult size said they believed that blacks were different, lesser beings who pushed too hard for things they had not earned (in much less polite language). Race was the central fact of my life as a HS student, although I am white, as it was for many of my generation.

I think you guys who dismiss the validity of racial concerns among blacks take too much for granted. You simply do not have the life experience of someone who grew up black in America during the era of Civil Rights. The friends I have who are black -- men, women, young, old, healthy, disabled, gay, straight -- all of them tell me, race is still the central fact of their lives.

Are youngsters today likely to ever hear the same language that was once so common in public? Nope. Is there as much evil done in the name of white supremacy as there once was? Nope. But does that make the life experience of older people (or of their kids...I am clueless about this) irrelevant?

When Anita Hill testified against Clarence Thomas in his Senate Confirmation hearings, I talked about it at lunch one day with a man I greatly admire. In his view, both were telling the truth...Anita was grievously and genuinely injured by acts Clarence either did not recall or attached no significance to.

I think this is where most of us have fetched up on race, at least black-white relations. Things we do as whites without any malice at all cause deeply-felt wounds in blacks...even calm, wise, reflective blacks. If we want them to credit our good will, seems to me we have to agree to respect one another's experiences.

We have to be willing to be told "that sucked" even when we don't "think" we did any harm. We have to be willing to listen.

Last edited:
]When I was young (the 1950's to 1970's), the racists ruled the roost. (So did the misogynists, etc.)

It's 2010, and now the pro Globalists and Multiculturalists and Feminist-Facists rule the roost. How is it any different than before?

Last edited:
I learned an interesting tid-bit that has, honestly, helped me in my own short-comings in regards to race; (I was raised in a VERY racist family)
DNA-wise there is more differences within each respective race than there is when comparing different races.
My wife and I have less in common, genetically, than Ravi and I
:cool:

I have seen in the last few years this argument over race go back and forth and could tell you one of the lessons I learned as a young man in the Navy was that as long as a person was capable,honorable, and worked hard that is how you judged them. To judge a person by the color of their skin is complete nonsense and anyone who engages in such a thing should take pause and understand that honor, friendship, and loyality knows no bounds or color. This nation in which we live has a rich history of people of all races that have contributed to its greatness and have given their lives in its service. We dishonor them when we resort to race name calling because we are better than that as a people. Our nation has so much to address in these times and resorting to race as a means to gain political favor or sympathy takes away from the work needed to be done and dishonors all those who came before us that have given so much for this nation. We are all in this together and regardless of our disagreements we as a nation need to come together to solve those issues.

But we AREN'T "all in this together." Blacks, Hispanics, Jews... they DO NOT think of common interests and common fates.

Let me tell you a little story.

On 9/11, I was a new attorney for the city of New York. I was in training in lower Manhattan. With thousands of others, I made the long foot trek out of Manhattan after the planes hit the twin towers.

Here is what I heard:

A black woman screamed "that ain't right... some of OUR people are in those bildins! We ain't white... we got nothin' to do with this!"

A black man was yelling something similar. "This is the white man's war!"

Now, I suppose you are in the group that says "only whites can be racist." But the truth is that people are very local, very tribal, very much about "us v. them." They are NOT globalists. They do not believe in "one race, one world."

Only whites ever believe that shit.

And they usually end up dead for believing it.

And our race will DIE for us falling for this lie.

If you want to say, "some blacks are good people", that is fine and I agree with you.

If you want to say, "some whites are stupid, bad people", again, I agree.

But you cannot deny the reality of racial difference.

People just get along better with their own race. They should not all be forced to live together. Multiculturalism is NOT the utopia you think it is. We would be better off going our separate ways.

As whites, we are about to be the minority. Do you think they will treat us with as much care and concern? It will be open season on us. We have to understand this. Look at South Africa. Whites gave up that country, now they are being KILLED. Affirmative action is on steroids there. They just burst in on white farmers and kill the whole family, see also ZIMBABWE. Nobody reports on it because the liberal media doesn't like this reality being known.

If you want to say, "some blacks are good people", that is fine and I agree with you.

People just get along better with their own race. They should not all be forced to live together. Multiculturalism is NOT the utopia you think it is. We would be better off going our separate ways.

As whites, we are about to be the minority. Do you think they will treat us with as much care and concern? It will be open season on us. We have to understand this. Look at South Africa. Whites gave up that country, now they are being KILLED. Affirmative action is on steroids there. They just burst in on white farmers and kill the whole family, see also ZIMBABWE. Nobody reports on it because the liberal media doesn't like this reality being known.

And yet I'd like to kick you all the way from the Hudson Bay to the St. Lawrence Seaway, William Joyce. Jesus, I could have lived without knowing the New York Bar admitted an asshole like you.

You lose

But what's that got to do with "race"? We all have ancestors from elsewhere - and if we go back far enough, about 70,000 or so years ago, all our ancestors can be traced back to Africa.
That's because most human variation falls within, not between populations
RACE - The Power of an Illusion | What Difference Makes a Difference?

And yet I'd like to kick you all the way from the Hudson Bay to the St. Lawrence Seaway, William Joyce. Jesus, I could have lived without knowing the New York Bar admitted an asshole like you.

Funny. One of the things I learned in law school was that you can't just yell and scream that you hate the other side. You have to give facts and reasons.

But one of the things I've learned in the practice of law is that when someone DOESN'T do that...

... it's because they don't have facts or reasons.
:eusa_shhh:

You lose

But what's that got to do with "race"? We all have ancestors from elsewhere - and if we go back far enough, about 70,000 or so years ago, all our ancestors can be traced back to Africa.
That's because most human variation falls within, not between populations
RACE - The Power of an Illusion | What Difference Makes a Difference?

Ah, yes, PBS is going to give us the straight story...

Try reading this book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Race-Reality-Differences-Vincent-Sarich/dp/0813340861]Amazon.com: Race: The Reality Of Human Differences (9780813340869): Vincent Sarich, Frank Miele: Books[/ame]

In Race: The Reality of Human Differences, an actual scientist destroys the "Emperor Has No Clothes" insistence that "race is an illusion."

If race is "an illusion", motherfucker, it's the most powerful and commonly-viewed "illusion" the world's ever known. The freakin' SUN may as well be an "illusion", for all that's worth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back