This Would Be Too Cool!

Originally posted by NATO AIR
rural voters, Arabs, Latinos (especially Cubans in s. florida and those in Arizona), social conservatives with centrist/liberal international viewpoints, Asians, young people, business owners (the tech industry, once staunchly pro-bush in 2000, looks very pro-kerry or at least anti-bush in 2004)

there are a few others i believe also

Ummmmmmmm, NO.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
umm no what?

you can't leave me hanging like that...

Most Cubans are still very pro-Bush and rural areas will always be overwhelmingly Republican.

No conservative would ever vote for Kerry.

but will some of those conservatives vote for bush? there are quite a few that seem disapointed with him... and the cubans are not as staunchly pro-bush as you think.

i had my heart ripped out by a cuban girl in my home of miami a while back, but her parents and i get along great now, along with a lot of other cuban folks. not one of them i know seems pleased with bush on castro, or on iraq. that kid who refused to go back to his unit in s. florida got sympathetic attention from the latinos in miami, especially the cubans.

they will probably still go for bush, but not as much as in 2000.

they either won't vote for him as much and not vote at all or they may go to kerry. depends on what happens between now and nov.

rural voters are not so staunchly pro-republican right now, there's weakness and its a testament to kerry's sorry candidacy so far that he hasn't been able to capitlize on that yet.

Natoair, I think it's possible that you are always in democratic leaning areas, with your volunteer work and all. Just a thought...:)

true, but i did live in hileah when all this happened :), and its pretty staunchly pro-republican, they hated gore with a passion over elian... man you couldn't mention that man's name or janet reno's without getting a glare and something close to a death threat... even the dog looked at you wild and pissed.

i do admit you do have merit there though... in carol city and overtown yes. and with the aid work too, yea.

the rural voter thing is just from articles i read... and most of them talk about how kerry is too incompetent or unknown or unpopular to steal bush's vote.. but that the folks are still mighty displeased with bush regardless (not all of them)

Originally posted by Kathianne
Hey Comrade, here is a composit poll site that shows head-to-head and 3 way w/Nader.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls.html

Thanks for solid numbers... my own "grab ass" 50/50 split w/o Nader was totally off the cuff but not too far off.

I'm looking at the strategy behind the Democrats as if was supposed to make sense to each faction among them. Tell me if you agree as I go out on a limb here....

A Kerry-"Moderate VP" ticket is only reasonable chance of beating Bush in November, barring any major crisis for Bush's administration. Kerry will annouce his VP choice via email next week and it won't be Dean.

If the floor pushes for a Kerry-Dean ticket it means the party as a whole expects only a longshot to put Democrats in the White House. A catastrophic domestic terror attack could suffice.

Nader shows little sign of withdrawing his ballot entry and the Democrats are quite upset about it, going so far as to legally dispute his candidacy in one key state. He's holding out for a deal.

With something as hopeless as a Kerry-Dean ticket, Nader will stay in the race simply to keep his name active in politics... he'll certainly be "third" in the race and that's worth some future capital, even though all the left will lose the election horribly.

Should events unfold which boost Kerry in the polls (a maor terrorist event or loss of Iraq), I expect Nader will back out and grant his swing votes to Kerry, and some quid-pro-quo granted to him and his party, politically that is, will emerge after the election.

If the Kerry-Dean longshot is forced on the floor, it's going to made it even harder to convince Nader to retract his candidacy. Should both be on the ballot I expect Bush to win regardless of any event.

If a Kerry-Moderate ticket emerges instead, and bad things happen in America, and Nader retracts his candidacy to back Kerry, the Democrats might just be trying to win the election. and then we can worry. Until that point it's pretty clear their political infighting is an attempt to jockey for influence in the next election (2006 or 2008). Bush supporters can assume another four years.

LOL:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-elect/2004/jul/02/070209183.html

July 02, 2004

Kucinich Supporters Plan to Push Agenda

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) - Supporters of presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich plan to push for some of his proposals from the winter primary campaign to be included in the Democratic Party's platform.

Hundreds of supporters will travel to Hollywood, Fla., in a week to persuade the party's platform committee to include planks on such matters as creation of a Cabinet-level Department of Peace, withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and national health care reform.

Supporters of Kucinich, who has not formally dropped out of the race despite Kerry's claim to the nomination, have been contacting members of the platform committee and officials of the Democratic National Committee to lobby for their positions.

Representatives of the Kucinich campaign will present petitions with thousands of signatures to the platform committee on July 10. The committee plans to consider proposed planks before adopting a platform that day and referring it to the Democratic National Convention that begins July 26 in Boston.

Interesting.

So Dean supports are demanding Dean as the VP or they wont be supporting Kerry.

While Unions are demanding Gephardt as the VP or they wont support Kerry.

While Terry McCauliffe and others are requesting Edwards as the nominee.

Sounds like it doesnt matter who he chooses, Kerry is screwed.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Interesting.

So Dean supports are demanding Dean as the VP or they wont be supporting Kerry.

While Unions are demanding Gephardt as the VP or they wont support Kerry.

While Terry McCauliffe and others are requesting Edwards as the nominee.

Sounds like it doesnt matter who he chooses, Kerry is screwed.

One can hope...:cof:

Forum List

Back