This represents the Republican Base

Funny how the right does not think there will be any corruption coming out of the contracts to service these government needs.

True, but not nearly as funny as the cognitive dissonance that progressive miscreants operate under that dictates corruption doesn't exist in gub'ment as long as it's run by other progressive miscreants.

Funny how the right does not think there will be any corruption coming out of the contracts to service these government needs.

True, but not nearly as funny as the cognitive dissonance that progressive miscreants operate under that dictates corruption doesn't exist in gub'ment as long as it's run by other progressive miscreants.

The whole idea of government is the people control it.

How do you control what happens in a private business?

The whole idea of government is to protect the people, the whole idea of private enterprize is to make money.

I know you fools somehow think that the people are evil yet the people who run busniesses are gods.

Its that crazy assed Randian delusions

QFT!

I'm stealing that one. :D

Randians are in control of big gubmint now?!?!?

Care to name a few? :doubt:

Well er umm.. we definitely got Mr. Thompson in the Oval Office, Wesley Mouch is in charge of the economy and apparently Professor Ferris snaked his way into the top cop job at DOJ, Dagny is apparently still hanging on at AMTRAK (in case you were wondering).

Galt, d’Anconia, Reardon, Danneskjold, Mulligan and Askton are suspiciously no where to be found .. hmmmmmmm....... I say we start the search in Colorado with faulty prop planes.

:eusa_hand:

You could do some cross country practice out of Boulder Co. airport. You'll find all the Rocky's conditions around there you want. That's where I got my ticket. Watch out for the geese.

Uh-huh,,,,, check with Lord Acton on that one ...

We have a wonderful invention called COMPETITION perhaps you've heard of it ?

The whole idea of government is to protect the people,
True, the question is "protect the people" from what? those crazy founding fathers seemed to be obsessed with the belief that government was instituted to protect the life, liberty and property of people and that laws were there to protect the people from government, what's your theory ?

the whole idea of private enterprize is to make money.
Yeah and? you got something against money ? if so we have plenty of people around that will be happy to relieve you of that worry .....

I know you fools somehow think that the people are evil yet the people who run busniesses are gods.
I'm the one that trusts other people, you're the one that trusts government power .. time to check your premise.

Interesting coming from a person that clearly has no concept as to what "Randian" means and is apparently far too intellectually lazy to make the effort to find out.

QFT!

Steal away for as the lord sayeth "he who steals from me, has not stolen from me but hath stolen from my neighbor and thus will be rewarded by mine father in the kingdom of england"

Or something approximating that approximation of garbled nonsense.... in any event I take no responsibility if you happen to injure yourself operating whatever it was you stole from me in the first place. :cool:

QFT!

Steal away for as the lord sayeth "he who steals from me, has not stolen from me but hath stolen from my neighbor and thus will be rewarded by mine father in the kingdom of england"

Or something approximating that approximation of garbled nonsense.... in any event I take no responsibility if you happen to injure yourself operating whatever it was you stole from me in the first place. :cool:
Actually, that's a pithy rephrasing of what David Bergland dubbed the "PANGie" (People Are No Good) mindset...Of course, the "people" who are no good invariably excludes the person making the observation and those who "think" (for lack of a better term) as do they.

Uh-huh,,,,, check with Lord Acton on that one ... Fuck some Brit on the issue , Im talking about the peopel who founded this country, you know OUR founding Fathers asshole

We have a wonderful invention called COMPETITION perhaps you've heard of it ? Hey idiot, it has been in exsistance since the begining of time

True, the question is "protect the people" from what? those crazy founding fathers seemed to be obsessed with the belief that government was instituted to protect the life, liberty and property of people and that laws were there to protect the people from government, what's your theory ? Bullshit, the laws are there to protect the people from the excesses of government and each other. You only see government as evil. Its a little thing that idiots like you lap up froim your masters, you know the people who care only about profit. There are good and decent people who run businesses in this country, they care for more than just profit, they care about their country and their fellow man. These people are battered by the assholes who care nothing about people or country they care only for profit. Those are your masters and you do their bidding daily.

Yeah and? you got something against money ? if so we have plenty of people around that will be happy to relieve you of that worry .....

I'm the one that trusts other people, you're the one that trusts government power .. time to check your premise.Of, for and by the people. Our gpovernment is the people you fucking Randian clown

Interesting coming from a person that clearly has no concept as to what "Randian" means and is apparently far too intellectually lazy to make the effort to find out.

You worship some wacked out shitty writer who was a complete failure as a human being.

QFT!

Actually, that's a pithy rephrasing of what David Bergland dubbed the "PANGie" (People Are No Good) mindset...Of course, the "people" who are no good invariably excludes the person making the observation and those who "think" (for lack of a better term) as do they.

Opine?

NJ Republican Governor Christie hit the ground running and continues to plow through the fraud, waste and taxpayer abuse that has come to typify New Jersey under the one-party Democrat rule.

He has proposed a cap on real estate taxes (NJ are off the charts) and Dems have fought with a vigor and purpose not seen since the Soviets retook Stalingrad and for the same reasons: this is it for the high tax, spend, spend, spend, regulate, regulate, regulate strategy that NJ has suffered for so many years.

And now he has proposed privatizing services in an effort to streamline and save money.

"Christie looks to privatize motor vehicle inspections, other services
Friday, July 9, 2010
BY CLAIRE HEININGER

New Jersey would close its centralized car inspection lanes and motorists would pay for their own emissions tests under a sweeping set of recommendations set to be released by the Christie administration today.

State parks, psychiatric hospitals and even turnpike toll booths could also be run by private operators, according to the 57-page report on privatization obtained by The Star-Ledger. Preschool classrooms would no longer be built at public expense, state employees would pay for parking and private vendors would dish out food, deliver health care and run education programs behind prison walls.

All told, the report says, New Jersey could save at least $210 million a year by delivering an array of services through private hands.

"The question has to be, ‘Why do you continue to operate in a manner that’s more costly and less effective?’ rather than, ‘Why change?’ " said Richard Zimmer, the former Republican congressman who chaired the task force."

NorthJersey.com: Christie looks to privatize motor vehicle inspections, other services

That's the real Republican base and that's America's future!

Gee CF, careful for what you wish for, one day you'll likely end up in a psych hospital cared for by a previously unemployed person hired by a private operator whose first, second and last interest is profit (not the well being of the loonies in the bin).

Uh-huh,,,,, check with Lord Acton on that one ... Fuck some Brit on the issue , Im talking about the peopel who founded this country, you know OUR founding Fathers asshole

We have a wonderful invention called COMPETITION perhaps you've heard of it ? Hey idiot, it has been in exsistance since the begining of time

True, the question is "protect the people" from what? those crazy founding fathers seemed to be obsessed with the belief that government was instituted to protect the life, liberty and property of people and that laws were there to protect the people from government, what's your theory ? Bullshit, the laws are there to protect the people from the excesses of government and each other. You only see government as evil. Its a little thing that idiots like you lap up froim your masters, you know the people who care only about profit. There are good and decent people who run businesses in this country, they care for more than just profit, they care about their country and their fellow man. These people are battered by the assholes who care nothing about people or country they care only for profit. Those are your masters and you do their bidding daily.

I'm the one that trusts other people, you're the one that trusts government power .. time to check your premise.Of, for and by the people. Our gpovernment is the people you fucking Randian clown

You worship some wacked out shitty writer who was a complete failure as a human being.

One progressive driven over the deep end, my work is done here for today...

Now as for this "Dude" personage , his posts made me laugh so hard I missed the Judge on FBN this morning , lucky for said person the Judge re-runs in the afternoon otherwise I might have to threaten violence and not follow through on said threats (which would of course be embarrassing in the extreme... and thus open me up to being labeled as an "extremist").

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah you won because you said you won huh?

I talk founders and you spout some shit from a brit.

Look asshole you can not rewrite this countries history.

It aint going to fly with Americans any more.

worship your fucked up crazy bitch Rand and quote the people who were on the wrong side all you want .

This country was created OF FOR AND BY THE PEOPLE!

Our government is the power of the people and you call it the enemy.

You are one really fucking shitty American

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah you won because you said you won huh?

I talk founders and you spout some shit from a brit.

Look asshole you can not rewrite this countries history.

It aint going to fly with Americans any more.

worship your fucked up crazy bitch Rand and quote the people who were on the wrong side all you want .

This country was created OF FOR AND BY THE PEOPLE!

Our government is the power of the people and you call it the enemy.

You are one really fucking shitty American

Do you perhaps require a napkin to wipe that spittle off your lips? I'd be happy to oblige unless of course you were going for that "I'm a crazed maniac way out of my depth" look which is so fashionable among progressive lunatics these days, in which case I'd say, it suits you and goes nicely with your eyes. :razz:

Selling off the public commons is the wetdream of Randians.

The problem is not government its BAD government.

And who is controlling our increasingly bad governments?

Randians either in the guise of Republicans or Democrats

You do the math.

What qualities define a "Randian"?

IN thirty words or less?

Read Anyn Rands books.

She's a far better spokewoman of her political philosophies than I am, so naturally I can only give you my read on her theories.

Basically she believes that all governments are inherently corrupt, and believes that any form of collectivism is evil. She believes that only the individual matters

In my opinion she's got on the best minds of the 13th century, but she and her supporters thinks she's a modern thinker.

She's a feudalist but doesn't (apparently, one can never be sure what truly motivates people) understand that her theories lead us backward into neo-aristocractic forms of governance.

She is RIGHT about one thing...bad governments are BAD.

I have read her books. What I took from them is that the individual is more important than any collective. That most large organizations are prone to being corrupted by a select few that rise through the ranks and pervert any noble mission to their own goals.

She believes, I think, that many individuals who have shown flares of creativity have been robbed of their just reward by the collectives of society, whether corporate or governmental, and that a very few enlightened individuals produce the momentum that carries the rest of us along with it in a current of progress.

She also believes that with sufficient resistance put before the creatively driven, we can extinguish their creativity and then the rest of us will suffer greatly.

Finally, regarding whether she thinks governments are bad, I understood her to be saying that very centralized power is bad. In Atlas Shrugged, all competition in the Rail Road business was eliminated through centralization. When this happened, the folks in charge of the rail roads gamed the system to make money working the system rather than improving their rails or their operations or their equipment.

They tried to control the cash flow without creating wealth.

I feel her main belief is that if we can encourage the individual to exceed his situation through effort or creativity, the net effect of all of the individuals doing this will create improvement. If we encourage the individual to sublimate all effort to the collective, all efforts will be restrained to an average and a maintenance of the status quo.

Because our history is littered with luminaries in every field, I tend to agree with Rand that there are some individuals that are better at things than others.

In societies in which these luminaries are allowed to light the way for others, all are brought benefit. In societies in which the luminaries are restrained, all are held back.

I don't really see how anyone can deny this.

The whole idea of government is to protect the people, the whole idea of private enterprize is to make money.

Can you please cite a charchter from a Rand book who ran a business who was not written as corrupt?

Can you please cite a charchter from a Rand book who ran a business who was not written as corrupt?

Hank Rearden..... glad to be of service & have nice day :cool:

You know, when I first joined the Navy in '82, there were many shore billets that were filled by my fellow men and women of the Navy.

A bit later, some idiot congressperson figured that because a military person enlists and if they serve 20 years, the government will have to pay them for the rest of their lives.

They then figured it was cheaper to hire civilians at GS2 to GS5 levels instead of letting military fill those positions.

Guess what the end result was? Fewer shore billets for military personnel to rotate to after serving several years at sea.

Wanna know where else privatization failed the military? Look at the barracks built in Baghdad by Halliburton. They killed many soldiers from faulty wiring to the showers where they were electrocuted.

If those barracks had been built by SEABEES, that never would have happened.

The Libertarians or "Randians" think that they are under some boot of government and are being prevented from free will in building a business or in living a more free life.

They want to privatize much of the commons. The problem with that idea is that to be truely free a business has to take risks. Some things that we public depend upon are just not smart things to leave to the winds of financial gamble. Another fallacy is that private industry is more efficient that a government operated mechanism.

The post office is one system that is constantly under siege. The opponents claim a savings in theory if the PO was in private hands. The problem always overlooked is the ups and downs of the economy. The post office handles ALL mail..All of the time.. not just the cherry picked packages of UPS and Federal Express. The post office is the foundation of the transfer of sent and received commerce. Without the guaranteed delivery of the PO the others would eventually collapse due to failures. The rock solid public confidence in some industries is crucial.

Right now you can send a letter accross the country for less than 45 cents .. How much do you think UPS would charge. Right now you get your mail delivered to your house at least 5 days a week. What do you think would happen to that for a private company to make a profit? Not everything should be privatized.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back