This Obama voter says Romney did very well last night

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by nodoginnafight, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    Haggle over who more whoppers all you want. THIS Obama voter believes we might just have a real race on our hands now.

No matter what else you want to say about flip-flops, untruths, or whatever ... he connected with many independent voters in a way he hasn't managed previously in this campaign.

My mind wasn't going to be changed by what I heard in the debate and plenty of Romney supporters weren't going to change their mind either, but I think Romney made some inroads that are very important to his campaign last night.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    I agree. I knew he would. but ive actually been surprised at how some of my less politically inclined friends have been coming out for Romney since last night.

3. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    What is it that Romney said you like?

4. Dutch

Dutch Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +462
    People have largely already made up their minds and unless either candidate does something totally outrageous, the debates are just mental masturbation for political junkies. Romney won,yes, but are a great swath of people going to suddenly change their vote, not likely.

5. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    Me personally, not much. I'm an Obama supporter and I'm going to stay that way. I just think Romney did what he needed to do. I'm not going to go into what I considered flips or flops or untruths at this point because I don't think there is that much to be gained.

I agree with the previous poster when he says there probably aren't enough undecideds left at this point (certainly not among those here who are ripping each other and pointing out their perceived flaws in the other candidate) to change the outcome, but who knows?

Romney got the job done that he needed to do last night. Can a debate magically repair everything? No, I don't think so. But credit given - he did a good job.

6. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026

Romney did look good in a used car salesman kinda a way...but most people want to look under the hood.

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    What we saw last night was the Moderate Republican Governor of Massachusetts. What we have seen out on the campaign trail is Teabagger Mitt. And then there is the VP choice of Ryan.

In the end, barring absolute major gaffes, the debates will make little differance.