This Mexican's looking at me...

I live in a very nice suburb of Houston, Texas...... very low crime stats, mostly committed by outsiders looking for opportunities in decent neighborhoods. Last year, after arriving home from work, I was sitting at my computer......probably posting on USMessage Board.......it was 2:30 am. I heard a number of shots, what sounded like someone emptying a clip of 9mm shells. I turned out my lights and opened my window to listen. I heard......"Hey, come back here, I'll shoot!"........ I called 911. I watched outside, even stood on my front porch with my 9mm. When the sheriff showed up, he stopped when I waved him down from my driveway. I told him I had made the 911 call, he said many had, including the guy who found someone trying to come into his house. He said he thought he had hit the guy (3 houses down)when he shot at him ............ the sheriff asked me if I had seen any suspicious people wearing a dark gray hooded sweatshirt. I said no and asked why anyone would be wearing a hooded sweatshirt, it was 80 degrees that night.......he said that was a standard M O for criminals today, the hood hides their identity.

The point? Zimmerman had a right to be suspicious of someone that chooses to dress in a suspicious way. Martin had the right to emulate criminals, low lives and rap assholes by wearing a "hoodie" but it comes with consequence like many other things. A caucasian that shaves his head and chooses to wear swastika tattoos has a right to do so but he will be profiled by most people, that is a fact......... that is the real world.

Then the question is, should he have followed him? Or just report it to the police? That could be part of the question the jury may have to answer.

It's irrelevant unless you are arguing that Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman just because he was following him.

Forum List

Back