This Just In:San Bernardino On Fire.But There Is No Water In California.Great Job Jerry Brown !!

The Governor of the State of California should know that his state needs more water than its infrastructure can supply in times of drought.
He could be forgiven had he started building desalinization plants and told the environmentalists to fuck off.

They are building desalination plants. One in San Diego is almost ready to go online.
How long did it take to clear the environmental impact statement?

The Governor of the State of California should know that his state needs more water than its infrastructure can supply in times of drought.
He could be forgiven had he started building desalinization plants and told the environmentalists to fuck off.
but according to al gore, California was supposed to collapse into the Spacific Ocean because of Global Warming and along with 30 Million residents living in Los Angeles., that alone should of collapsed California.
Kinda wish he had gotten that right.
thanks Ern.....
I'd be all for saving San Diego....
still dont help me.....im in the OC.....

but according to al gore, California was supposed to collapse into the Spacific Ocean because of Global Warming and along with 30 Million residents living in Los Angeles., that alone should of collapsed California.
Kinda wish he had gotten that right.
thanks Ern.....
I'd be all for saving San Diego....
still dont help me.....im in the OC.....
i dont know the history, but has LA ever been hit by a hurricane?

They are building desalination plants. One in San Diego is almost ready to go online.
what i am getting at is that those in power should of dealt with this crisis at least 20 years ago, its as if they just kick the dilemma down the road, procastonate, etc. and last time it rained, it flooded, water had no place to go. I am not directly blaming Jerry, but he should of tackled this crisis as soon as he became governor. Cally may not see a lot of rain till maybe in August during hurricane season, and hopefully this winter.

Conservatives don't want to pay for infrastructure. They vote down every bill which will improve infrastructure. The U.S. has been waiting for a crisis before dealing with any infrastructure problems. The New Orleans levy is a prime example.

It's time to invest in your country instead of wars. Past time really.

Conservatives don't want to pay for infrastructure. They vote down every bill which will improve infrastructure. The U.S. has been waiting for a crisis before dealing with any infrastructure problems. The New Orleans levy is a prime example.

New Orleans was given plenty of money to keep their levees maintained. The city chose to spend it elsewhere.

Is the Orleans Levee Board doing its job - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams - NBC News Investigates NBC News

what i am getting at is that those in power should of dealt with this crisis at least 20 years ago, its as if they just kick the dilemma down the road, procastonate, etc. and last time it rained, it flooded, water had no place to go. I am not directly blaming Jerry, but he should of tackled this crisis as soon as he became governor. Cally may not see a lot of rain till maybe in August during hurricane season, and hopefully this winter.

Infrastructure we will pay for. Infrastructure legislation tied to free cheese for yet another special interest group, not so much.

Infrastructure we will pay for. Infrastructure legislation tied to free cheese for yet another special interest group, not so much.
i think that we are at the point where we may as well sell California to China for a few million, and let them figure out how to maintain their water supply.

California has had years to build desalinization plants and exploit other sources of water, but they're more concerned wit little fishes, snails and mice.

And? None of those things would have prevented wildfires.

I am all for desalinization plants- but they are expensive- and rarely where wildfires are.
True. California pipes in most of their water from reservoirs. Desalinization plants on the coast could have been built, yes costly, but now you have no water to fight fires.

800px-California_water_system.jpg

Really?

Have you ever fought wildfires?

I have.

We hardly ever used water.

Fact is you can't put out most wildfires with water.

The water used to fight wildfires with generally comes from local reservoirs or water systems- which would never be hooked up with any desalinization plant.

Bottom line- you are still blaming Brown for California not getting rain.

Forum List

Back