This is worth mentioning...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Ok, I have to name who I work for because it is relevant. I work for Progressive. I love it there, and plan on staying for a while.

Anyway, I thought it was VERY ironic that a company with that name, allows and even encourages to put up holiday decorations. Including a Christmas Tree.

That's right. Earlier this month, my group of people that I work with, got to take a little time out to assemble the tree and decorate it. Complete with an Angel on top. And not one person objected.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Ok, I have to name who I work for because it is relevant. I work for Progressive. I love it there, and plan on staying for a while.

Anyway, I thought it was VERY ironic that a company with that name, allows and even encourages to put up holiday decorations. Including a Christmas Tree.

That's right. Earlier this month, my group of people that I work with, got to take a little time out to assemble the tree and decorate it. Complete with an Angel on top. And not one person objected.

We not only have trees up at work, but also have a specific tree in order to buy specific gifts for those in dire straits. It is almost heartrending to see the kids names on the tree and they ask for so little....

Keep the job, and yes it is ironic that the title doesn't match the rule.

My children's school also has christmas decorations up. In fact my third grader's class, one of their homework projects was to construct and decorate a christmas tree as a family project, so his classroom is now sporting about 20 christmas trees! They will be having their Christmas party tomorrow and then they will be on Christmas break, yes I said Christmas break, not winter hoilday. Matter of fact their school calender that I recieve at the begining of each school year does indeed say Christmas break! Of course this is the same school district that the kid's are off school for a week in september for the county fair!

no1tovote4 said:
We not only have trees up at work, but also have a specific tree in order to buy specific gifts for those in dire straits. It is almost heartrending to see the kids names on the tree and they ask for so little....

Keep the job, and yes it is ironic that the title doesn't match the rule.

That's what we used ours for as well. For the Toys for Tots drive, and now the food shelf.

I worked for Wells Fargo previously, and while it it was a great company to work for (benefits and pay were awesome, but job itself sucked), the building I was in was heavily populated with with muslims and gays/lesbians (the office is located in South Minneapolis). We could decorate our cubes, but no trees, or anything related to Christmas, because it 'might' offend someone. Ugh.

khafley said:
My children's school also has christmas decorations up. In fact my third grader's class, one of their homework projects was to construct and decorate a christmas tree as a family project, so his classroom is now sporting about 20 christmas trees! They will be having their Christmas party tomorrow and then they will be on Christmas break, yes I said Christmas break, not winter hoilday. Matter of fact their school calender that I recieve at the begining of each school year does indeed say Christmas break! Of course this is the same school district that the kid's are off school for a week in september for the county fair!

I give you the official KSTP AM1500, Garage Logic "Ray of Hope" for that one.
---and points to match.

Forum List

Back