This is why we need voter ID in every state

So they committed voter fraud with absentee ballots and got busted. Yay we caught some bad guys.

However, can you tell me how new voter IDs would have prevented issues like this with absentee ballots??
pictured voter id laws at the voting booth WOULD NOT STOP voter fraud via absentee ballot....

this is why dead people must be removed from the voter roll.

But it WOULD stop voter fraud at the polls.

Or do yoiu believe voters will only try to vote illegally via absentee ballots.
i personally do not see how it would stop voter fraud at the polls....

perhaps with states that have a ''loose as a goose'' laws....but every state that i have voted in, already had laws that protected the individual's vote.

in massachusetts as example, you register to vote....they ''clear'' you, then send you a voter reg card....then every single year the state of Mass sent to a voter registered a post card to your registered address and they gave you one month to return the card....it stated if you did not return the card verifying you still living at the address, your name would be removed from the roll at your voting booth place.

And when you went in to vote, they asked your name, they asked for your address and they asked what party you were registered under....then they found the proper list that you were on, then you could vote.

if you messed up and gave the wrong party or wrong address, you were given a provisional ballot, which was then verified.....if you were really you...then the provisional vote counted, if you were not, then it did not.

Massive voter fraud is NOT taking place at the polls....you all are only being fooled by the powers to be that this is taking place, while the THOUSANDS of DEAD people and others continue to vote via absentee ballot....it's a guise jarhead....

Many states already required forms of id, like an electric bill with your name and address on it as id, and this would stop any fraud....

I am fine if a state wants to make a pictured id a requirement if they want to, but they better assure that every single registered voter can get one of those id's for free and make certain they make it easy for them to get to the locations to get those ids......not require it and then close all the surrounding Dmv offices and consolidate them in to one miles and miles away from the citizen who needs an id.....

I still think the whole thing is ridiculous....illegals already have Driver's licenses so it won't stop them....they already have the gvt id, yet very old and poor people who do not own a car or drive, who are citizens may be stopped from having their right to vote.....

the whole things smells ratty to me.....

So they committed voter fraud with absentee ballots and got busted. Yay we caught some bad guys.

However, can you tell me how new voter IDs would have prevented issues like this with absentee ballots??
pictured voter id laws at the voting booth WOULD NOT STOP voter fraud via absentee ballot....

this is why dead people must be removed from the voter roll.

No, they are separate issues, both enabling fraud.

Yes dead people being on the rolls and committing fraud with ansentee ballots enable fruad. Why restate the obvious? Furthermore, how would avoter ID prevent wither of these? If dead people were remoived from the rolls then that problem is solved and as stated above woter IDs would not stop fraud via absentee ballots.
So how does requiring new voters IDs solve either of these problems??

The States are issuing free ID's now. Just a thought.

Yes SOME are but what do you have to show in order to get the new IDs? Birth certificate?? If you don't have one on hand you have to go BUY a copy. Or how about a marriage certificate or a divorce decree to show a name change? If you don't have one of those you have to go BUY one. What if your wallet or purse is stolen and you lose your new voter ID? Do you get the repleacement for free or do you have to purchase a new one? (saw an artilce on WI where replacement had to be purchased and only the first one is free)

There can be hidden costs besides the cost of the IDs. If it were actually free then that would be one thing but the possible hidden costs show that they are not completely without cost.

Last edited:
My position is simple. Remove Temptation. Clean up the Laws. This should not be a Partisan Issue. It hurts us all.

Your right it shouldn't be a partisan issue but how the right is trying to "clean up the laws" is partisan.

Any attempt to require the purchase of a new ID or even make it harder for REAL people to vote is nothing but partisan seeing as how these "fixes" seem to predominatnly affect those voters on the left.

When you pass a law stating that student IDs don't count when students tend to vote for democrats but a concealed weapons permit does it's pretty obvious that their is a partisan bases for these requirements, thank you texas.

It seems to that the actions of the right will do more harm and disenfranchise more voters than it will help block things such as dead people voting or commiting fraud with absentee ballots.

Is preventing 953 possible dead votes over who knows how many elections by not really addressing that issue really worth disenfranchising possiblly thousands of real voters by making it harder for them to register and to vote?

ID's are now being provided free of cost.

already responded to that previously. They are not entirely cost free.

Concerning College ID's, either they meet State Standards or they don't. Where they don't, they should be brought into compliance.

That is not what texas did. they excluded all college IDs and decided to accept concealed weapons permits.

For Each of us, it is our personal Responsibility to comply with Registration Requirements and get properly registered. You attempting to turn that around is a problem. You should work harder into bringing people into compliance.

Actually no I am not turning it around but thanks for the spin as you try to redefine my argument. Making it harder to register to vote does not make the system anymore secure from fraud. We've seen how election boards themselves can commit fraud and voter IDs will not stop that.

Based on comments and valid points in this thread new voter ID laws do very little to prevent REAL fraud and only serve to make it hard for people to register and to vote.

There are easier ways to handle issues such as alleged dead people voting and fraudulent absentee ballots and they don't involve restricting access to the polls through strict and costly new voter ID laws.

Last edited:
But it WOULD stop voter fraud at the polls.

Or do yoiu believe voters will only try to vote illegally via absentee ballots.

How much "fraud" is actually occuring at the polls? Alleged dead people voting is not proof of intent to commit fraud because as said earlier human error of the person running the polls could have caused that.

The only sure way to prevent dead people voting is remove them from the rolls which seems to make more sense than mandating that an individual have to purchase or acquire something new to prove who they are.

Why are Elections so important?

uh...because they decide who the people vote for to represent them in government at every level. That's my answer what is yours?

Why do we go so far out of our way to deny there are abuses?

Who is ignoring denying abuse?? I just mentioned instances of "abuse" so where are you getting this strawman?

Hint. You can't find what you refuse to look for.

Are you implying that I am in denial even though I have discussed instances of voter fraud ion this very thread?? Really?? I do not deny that fraud exists. I just doubt the plans of the right will actually do anything to address REAL instances of fraud and do more harm as they disenfranchise voters for politics sake.

You know, like Illegals. Like granting them Voter Privileges.

If you are legally "granting them Voter Priviledges" then how is that illegal or fraud??

In a letter dated Thursday, Wilson says the analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters listed as dead. In 71 percent of those cases, ballots were cast between two months and 76 months after the people died. That means they "voted" up to 6 1/3 years after their death.

Can someone please explain how a Voter ID would prevent a dead person from still being on the registered voter rolls more than 6 years after they died?

Oh, yeah. It wouldn't.

Once again, you have provided nothing more than evidence that the voter registration process is screwed up.

Could be as simple as human error. A dead persons name is still on the rolls then someone with the same or similar name walks in shows an ID and the person working the polls enters the wrong information and keys them in as the dead person instead of who they actually are.

This could happen even with new voter IDs.

Same thing happened in another thread, in another election... only it was Seawytch claiming it was 'human error'.

I guess it's ALWAYS human error, and could never ever remotely eve possibly be fraud.

unless a Republican is accused of it... then it's fraud, right?

You people have no damned proof.

Quit PRETENDING you do
HERE IS FUCKING PROOF YOU MORON>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-uVhhIlPk0"]Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary - YouTube[/ame]
soooo Republican scam artists are going in to the polls and saying they are Democratic dead people, while being videoed...............

hmmmmm, very interesting.....

I will await for the true info to come out on how this was a republican scam just like the video of the fake pimp and his ho with Acorn....

Quit PRETENDING you do

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-uVhhIlPk0"]Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary - YouTube[/ame]
soooo Republican scam artists are going in to the polls and saying they are Democratic dead people, while being videoed...............

I will await for the true info to come out on how this was a republican scam just like the video of the fake pimp and his ho with Acorn....

so, the fact that someone went in, got a ballot under the name of a dead person showing that if a valid picture ID had been required it wouldn't have worked... means nothing because it was a Republican that did it?

really. I thought more of you than that.

Quit PRETENDING you do

This is showing it can and probably does happen!!! They never voted! I think both REP and DEM are guilty in voter fraud. That is why we need VOTER ID LAWS

the irony...

The left claims it is asking too much for proper photo ID be required to vote and not necessary to preserve the sanctity and inegrity of the vote...

yet

The same left claims the inconvenience created at airports is no big deal and necessary to preserve our safety.

Sorry...I find it very ironic.

Quit PRETENDING you do

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-uVhhIlPk0]Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary - YouTube[/ame]

So the people who committed fraud in your video? Are they in jail??

BTW how is what happened in NH proof of something happening in SC??[/QUOTE]

good point.

I think the TSA should ONLY screen those that are flying into NYC, DC or Pa......since there is no reason to assume planes can be used as weapons in other states seeing as it only happened in 3 states.

the irony...

The left claims it is asking too much for proper photo ID be required to vote and not necessary to preserve the sanctity and inegrity of the vote...

yet

The same left claims the inconvenience created at airports is no big deal and necessary to preserve our safety.

I am on the left and I think the security at the airports is ridiculous and will not stop any perp from hijacking if they wanted to hijack...so I am consistent! :D

Can someone please explain how a Voter ID would prevent a dead person from still being on the registered voter rolls more than 6 years after they died?

Oh, yeah. It wouldn't.

Once again, you have provided nothing more than evidence that the voter registration process is screwed up.

Could be as simple as human error. A dead persons name is still on the rolls then someone with the same or similar name walks in shows an ID and the person working the polls enters the wrong information and keys them in as the dead person instead of who they actually are.

This could happen even with new voter IDs.

Same thing happened in another thread, in another election... only it was Seawytch claiming it was 'human error'.

I guess it's ALWAYS human error, and could never ever remotely eve possibly be fraud.

unless a Republican is accused of it... then it's fraud, right?

I said it COULD be human error and it very well could be. We don't know yet and likely never will. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Furthermore, do we know who these alleged dead people in SC voted for and were they republicans or democrats? Since we don't know, why would you assume that I would have a different opinion based on something that we don't know as of yet.

The biggest problem with your post is that you presume to know what I am thinking. You always have a losing argument when you do that. It's one thing to ask a question but it's another thing entirely to make an accusation and put a question mark and the end of it.

so, the fact that someone went in, got a ballot under the name of a dead person showing that if a valid picture ID had been required it wouldn't have worked... means nothing because it was a Republican that did it?

really. I thought more of you than that.

WOW you read all of that into what she said. Since she didn;t actually say that do you think it actually applies?? Apparently you have pattern of trying to put words into other posters mouths.

I've had a voter ID for many many many decades aka drivers license. Voter ID's are evidence of just how reckless spenders republicans can be. They waste tons of time on nonsense = wasted tax dollars. Fiscally reckless tax dollar spenders.

the irony...

Who made the claim that providing a photo ID is not necessary? I said I disagree with what the right is doing because it reeks of partisan politics. I said it can have hidden costs which if the right wants this to be on the up and up then they must find a way to cover the hidden const to ensure it isn't a modern day polltax. So who said it's not necessary?

yet

I don't see your irony alanis?? Oh and how do you know it is the same left that is make those two independent arguments? LOL

Forum List

Back