This is why we need voter ID in every state

In a letter dated Thursday, Wilson says the analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters listed as dead. In 71 percent of those cases, ballots were cast between two months and 76 months after the people died. That means they "voted" up to 6 1/3 years after their death.

Can someone please explain how a Voter ID would prevent a dead person from still being on the registered voter rolls more than 6 years after they died?

Oh, yeah. It wouldn't.

Once again, you have provided nothing more than evidence that the voter registration process is screwed up.

Could be as simple as human error. A dead persons name is still on the rolls then someone with the same or similar name walks in shows an ID and the person working the polls enters the wrong information and keys them in as the dead person instead of who they actually are.

This could happen even with new voter IDs.

Last edited:
The OPs article is not about an investigations findings.

Its an allegation

Yep and it doesn't even bother telling which elections these dead votes were allegedly cast in.

How far back did they go to get these alleged totals?

Definitely need more info.

why oh why doesn't the states REMOVE DEAD PEOPLE from the voting rolls when the die, for goodness sakes? why not? what is their problem with this?

most people voting in a dead person's name would use an absentee ballot imo....

these names of the dead should be removed, PERIOD! we are in the computer age!

why oh why doesn't the states REMOVE DEAD PEOPLE from the voting rolls when the die, for goodness sakes? why not? what is their problem with this?

Thank You for an Honest, Reasonable, Response.

My position is simple. Remove Temptation. Clean up the Laws. This should not be a Partisan Issue. It hurts us all.

A death certificate should be accompanied by a removal from the rolls. I agree even though that would have caused me a few problems in the past.

When my wife and I went to by a house they did a full credit check and apparently one of them came back listing me as dead as of 1995.
Apparently this other gentlemand and I had similar names and spent time at the same hospital around the same time.
Somehow his info got mixed up with mine and I was listed as dead with about 50k in medical bills.
It took about two weeks to straighten out and I had to go to the hospital to have them fix the problem on their end but it all worked out ok and now I can talk about how I died in 1995. LOL

So I guess the people in TROY NY who was indicted for voter fraud is an allegation too.Another indicted in Troy voter fraud scandal | News | Troy News

So they committed voter fraud with absentee ballots and got busted. Yay we caught some bad guys.

However, can you tell me how new voter IDs would have prevented issues like this with absentee ballots??

look at it this way...

If people are willing to illegally vote using absentee ballots, they will be willing to illegally vote other ways as well.

So I guess the people in TROY NY who was indicted for voter fraud is an allegation too.Another indicted in Troy voter fraud scandal | News | Troy News

So they committed voter fraud with absentee ballots and got busted. Yay we caught some bad guys.

However, can you tell me how new voter IDs would have prevented issues like this with absentee ballots??
pictured voter id laws at the voting booth WOULD NOT STOP voter fraud via absentee ballot....

this is why dead people must be removed from the voter roll.

My position is simple. Remove Temptation. Clean up the Laws. This should not be a Partisan Issue. It hurts us all.

Your right it shouldn't be a partisan issue but how the right is trying to "clean up the laws" is partisan.

Any attempt to require the purchase of a new ID or even make it harder for REAL people to vote is nothing but partisan seeing as how these "fixes" seem to predominatnly affect those voters on the left.

When you pass a law stating that student IDs don't count when students tend to vote for democrats but a concealed weapons permit does it's pretty obvious that their is a partisan bases for these requirements, thank you texas.

It seems to that the actions of the right will do more harm and disenfranchise more voters than it will help block things such as dead people voting or commiting fraud with absentee ballots.

Is preventing 953 possible dead votes over who knows how many elections by not really addressing that issue really worth disenfranchising possiblly thousands of real voters by making it harder for them to register and to vote?

pictured voter id laws at the voting booth WOULD NOT STOP voter fraud via absentee ballot....

But it WOULD stop voter fraud at the polls.

Or do yoiu believe voters will only try to vote illegally via absentee ballots.

No, they are separate issues, both enabling fraud. The States are issuing free ID's now. Just a thought.

Your right it shouldn't be a partisan issue but how the right is trying to "clean up the laws" is partisan.

Any attempt to require the purchase of a new ID or even make it harder for REAL people to vote is nothing but partisan seeing as how these "fixes" seem to predominatnly affect those voters on the left.

When you pass a law stating that student IDs don't count when students tend to vote for democrats but a concealed weapons permit does it's pretty obvious that their is a partisan bases for these requirements, thank you texas.

It seems to that the actions of the right will do more harm and disenfranchise more voters than it will help block things such as dead people voting or commiting fraud with absentee ballots.

Is preventing 953 possible dead votes over who knows how many elections by not really addressing that issue really worth disenfranchising possiblly thousands of real voters by making it harder for them to register and to vote?

ID's are now being provided free of cost. Concerning College ID's, either they meet State Standards or they don't. Where they don't, they should be brought into compliance. For Each of us, it is our personal Responsibility to comply with Registration Requirements and get properly registered. You attempting to turn that around is a problem. You should work harder into bringing people into compliance.

look at it this way...

If people are willing to illegally vote using absentee ballots, they will be willing to illegally vote other ways as well.

So no answer to the question that was asked? Got it.

Are you actually trying to argue that you "fix the problem" of dead people voting by addressing another alleged "problem" which has no bearing or affect on the "problem" that you are actually trying to address?? That is the whole reason I aked my question that you failed to answer.

BTW there is no proof that anyone intended to vote as a dead person. However, when you can prove that assertion then you might have a point.

Take it from a guy who has been dead before. LOL

Thank you for that direct answer. Furthermore, I agree that dead people should be removed from the rolls.

How much "fraud" is actually occuring at the polls? Alleged dead people voting is not proof of intent to commit fraud because as said earlier human error of the person running the polls could have caused that.

The only sure way to prevent dead people voting is remove them from the rolls which seems to make more sense than mandating that an individual have to purchase or acquire something new to prove who they are.

How much "fraud" is actually occuring at the polls? Alleged dead people voting is not proof of intent to commit fraud because as said earlier human error of the person running the polls could have caused that.

The only sure way to prevent dead people voting is remove them from the rolls which seems to make more sense than mandating that an individual have to purchase or acquire something new to prove who they are.

Why are Elections so important? Why do we go so far out of our way to deny there are abuses? Hint. You can't find what you refuse to look for. You know, like Illegals. Like granting them Voter Privileges.

Why are Elections so important? Why do we go so far out of our way to deny there are abuses? Hint. You can't find what you refuse to look for. You know, like Illegals. Like granting them Voter Privileges.

All of which can be prevented by proper voter registration requirements.

Forum List

Back