This Is What Happens When Local Government Has A "D" Next To Their Name!

1stRambo

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2015
Yo, if you have an "R" next to your name? You will not get anything, if a town is run by Racist, latino and black Racist with a "D" next to their name!!! I`m one, who is sick of the Racist Card, and believe it will be the downfall of this Country, in the near future!!!

Lawmakers reject John Wayne Day over racism concerns

UPDATED:APR 29 2016 08:56AM EDT
John-Wayne-Quotes-16.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — What a California lawmaker intended as a benign resolution honoring a late, world-renowned movie icon exploded into an emotional debate over decades-old racist comments.

The state Assembly defeated the official ode to John Wayne Thursday after several legislators described statements he made about racial minorities and his support for the anti-communist House Un-American Activities Committee and John Birch Society.

Known as "Duke," a nickname he picked up as a boy in Glendale, California, Wayne grew into the star of movies including "The Alamo," ''The Green Berets" and "True Grit," for which he won an Academy Award, while portraying the gruff, rugged cowboys and brave soldiers who were his stock in trade.

Republican State Assemblyman Matthew Harper of Huntington Beach sought to declare May 26, 2016, as John Wayne Day to mark the day the actor was born.

"He had disturbing views towards race," objected Assemblyman Luis Alejo, D-Watsonville, leading off a 20-minute debate.

Alejo cited a 1971 interview with Playboy in which Wayne talked disparagingly about blacks.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people," he told the magazine (This is What John Wayne Told Playboy about Blacks and American Indians in 1971 .)

Assemblyman Mike Gipson, D-Carson, who is black, said he found Wayne's comments personally offensive.

Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, D-San Diego, cited his comments defending white Europeans' encroachment on American Indians who Wayne once said "were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."

Lawmakers reject John Wayne Day over racism concerns

"GTP"
Al+Jolson+-+Mammy+-+LP+RECORD-410488.jpg

Yanno, you can be a really good actor and still be a horrible human being.

Just like Trump is going to prove you can be a great businessman and still make a shitty president.

John Wayne had good movies, but his support of the Birch Society disturbs me. No, he doesn't deserve a day named for him.

Forum List

Back