This is what a REAL president looks like

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Someone who stands on principle - even if it means going against the "party". Someone who can stand in front of tens of thousands live (and millions more on tv) and deliver a composed message - even while getting boo'd. And refusing to change that message on the fly based on the reactions of the mindless.

Cruz’s character was on full display last night. “Who else can you find that stood up in front of 30 million people and did one of the most difficult and brave political things you will ever see in your life?” Stu asked.

“And they called him a coward for it,” Pat said.

“They’re booing him, and he muscles through it.” Glenn and his co-hosts all agreed they were “damn proud” of Cruz.

“The easiest thing would have been for him to stand up, cave in, and say, ‘I’m a Republican, I signed a pledge, I endorse Donald Trump,'” Pat said.

“I was saying the whole time, like the last five or eight minutes, ‘Don’t cave. Don’t cave. Don’t cave,'” Glenn said. “The reason I felt that way was because of the wave of hatred that was coming his way. It was a tidal wave.”

The tidal wave of hate became so real that Cruz’s wife Heidi had to be removed from the convention floor.

“I said it in stump speeches for him, I said, ‘Here’s a guy who will plant his flag on the point, and no matter what storm or tidal wave comes his way, he knows his principles, and he will not move.’ You saw that last night,” Glenn said. “For him to get quieter and not shout over their boos, to not take a cheap shot, to do nothing but finish that speech the way he intended took remarkable courage, remarkable courage.”

Ted Cruz Speech: A Legendary Turning Point

And a president who would actually abide by the U.S. Constitution...

He supported the right of gay marriage, should your state approve,” Glenn said. “He’s not saying, ‘That’s my choice.’ But what did he also say? I’ve never heard a presidential wannabe ever say anything like this at a GOP convention. ‘And, by the way, Colorado, if you want to sell drugs, sell drugs. Texas isn’t going to.’ That is a fundamental shift back towards the Constitution. He planted the stakes for a constitutional Republican Party.”

The Impressive Thing Ted Cruz Said That No One Is Talking About

Many won't see it that way. Some prefer those who quietly get in line behind the candidate, the way Sanders did. Hillary is surrounded by mice.

A perfect example of a politician who stood on principal instead of party politics was senator and V.P. candidate Joe Lieberman. He should be running for president but the democrats kicked him out of the party and he had to run as an independent in his last term in the senate. Ted Cruz is nothing but a vindictive stooge who thought his little stunt would propel him to the front of the pack and gain the support of the convention. He found out different when he was booed off the stage. The fact that he felt the need to hold a news conference to "clarify" his position the next day indicates that he is in big trouble politically and he knows it.

Ted would prefer to lose the war and better his own chances for 2020.

He has accomplished neither.

A perfect example of a politician who stood on principal instead of party politics was senator and V.P. candidate Joe Lieberman. He should be running for president but the democrats kicked him out of the party and he had to run as an independent in his last term in the senate. Ted Cruz is nothing but a vindictive stooge who thought his little stunt would propel him to the front of the pack and gain the support of the convention. He found out different when he was booed off the stage. The fact that he felt the need to hold a news conference to "clarify" his position the next day indicates that he is in big trouble politically and he knows it.
He's going to look like a genius gifted with amazing foresight come November.

Forum List

Back