This is the first time in my 45 years on the planet

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

Does this freak anyone else out?

Please tell me more... I know there is a lot of unrest but I've never heard any talk of taking up arms against the President. That would truly surprise me. If there is a revolt I think it will be a peaceful one at the polls. I just can't believe anything like that would ever happen.

That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

The Obama Administration is obviously worried about it. According to Janet Napolitano and her crew at the Department Of Homeland Security, just about everyone can be considered a domestic terrorist. When the government treats everyone as a criminal, we've got problems.

No, it would bother me to see everyone just act like this administrations policies are of no ill effect. It would bother me to see people complacent

I am actually more inclined to be encouraged, than freaked out

We have the fact that the Neocons are rather put out about the terminity with which the American Public put them out of office. And the mindset of the Neocon that prefers bullets to ballots, gut reaction to reason. Then there is the fact that this is the first American President that is not lilly white.

The traditional conservative is dismayes about this kind of reaction. The Conservatives on this board, as you can readily see, Allie, are fanning to flames.

We have the fact that the Neocons are rather put out about the terminity with which the American Public put them out of office. And the mindset of the Neocon that prefers bullets to ballots, gut reaction to reason. Then there is the fact that this is the first American President that is not lilly white.

The traditional conservative is dismayes about this kind of reaction. The Conservatives on this board, as you can readily see, Allie, are fanning to flames.

Wrong. We're concerned with Obama's grab-n-grow government agenda.

Who the fuck cares that he's black??

Wrong. We're concerned with Obama's grab-n-grow government agenda.

Who the fuck cares that he's black??

It's the latest tactic of the Left. If you don't submit, you're a racist or a Nazi.

what is it about liberals and the race card?

Most have what we all know as 'white guilt'. Others are 'closet racists' themselves and try to hide the fact that fact by accusing others of being racist in an attempt appear 'tolerant'.

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

* "A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."

* "The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."

* "Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."

* "The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."

* "People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."

* "Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Basic Human Psychology 1: Neurosis, Projection and Freudian Projection

Last edited:

Um ... were you asleep for the last 8 years?

Really? Where have you been, the growing movement against GWB was much more intense.

LOL ...... haha ....... now that is funny! :lol:

I've never experienced "black guilt". But then, my kids are Indians.

But honestly, I understand that people get it...but still, it's sort of a first time for real revolt for me.

Um ... were you asleep for the last 8 years?

I don't recall people gathering in anything like an organized group, or saying publicly that we should take up arms.

Forum List

Back