Zone1 THIS, is playing the victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking about white men here. You use the term men as if white men are the only men. White men don't face anything compared to other men. And white men created the problem. So don't ask me what I am going to do about it. Look in the mirror WHITE MAN and figure it out.
So you want to say I have a problem and I'm supposed to fix it? Okay, I guess I'll just have to stop worrying about all men and only worry about white men. I mean, since you continually try to keep everyone separated and all. I just happen to think that all men face hurdles and we could get a lot further along if we worked together on stuff instead of always whining about something somebody may or may not have done to somebody else.

THIS, is playing the victim.
1690535480491-png.808660

Say it to his face?

lololol...

Denying that men face a more difficult time in education, for example, is foolish and wrong-headed.
[snipped]
Would you mind elaborating on your statement above? I can't begin to wrap my mind around the meaning of "men face a more difficult time in education" when they lead in all top jobs with the exception of maybe service roles as well as nursing and secretarial type positions.

It could be interpretated that if they have difficulties in education then how did they get their jobs? I'm a bit confused here.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You ignored what I said, and posted irrelevancy. I assume, so you didnt feel defeated in the second post of your stupid thread.
But alas.
No I didn't but you have to make something up so you can feel good.

1690535480491.png

THIS, is playing the victim.

Why do people dislike these men? Is it because they exist?
Or is it their draconian attitudes and beliefs?

“Aggrieved whiteness is a white identity politics aimed at maintaining white socio-political hegemony through challenging efforts to combat actual material racial inequality, while supporting heavily racialized investments in policing, prisons, and the military, and positing a narrative of antiwhite racial oppression loosely rooted in an assortment of racialized threats.”
-Mike King

Most of the threads and posts are based on white grievance. You built this bed and now you don't want to sleep in it. And here is what you have done.

The Dangers of White Male Supremacy​

I'm a natural to review Ijeoma Oluo’s new book, Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America (Seal Press, 2020).

I am White, male, American, and when I taught at the University of Texas at Austin, I routinely joked that “the secret to my success is that I’m mediocre, and I know it.”

That comment came in conversations with students about inflated faculty egos, partly as a caution to myself. In universities, the coin of the realm is being a big thinker with original ideas. But most of us aren’t big thinkers, and original ideas are rare. Rather than being satisfied with being competent—a hard enough standard to meet—professors too often puff themselves up, a weakness to which White guys are especially vulnerable. My quip wasn’t the result of a lack of self-confidence; I was simply suggesting that an honest self-assessment helps one do useful work.

If “mediocre” seems unkind, how about “ordinary”? I’m not special, but I live in a culture that designates people who look like me as the standard. A White supremacist and patriarchal society (we’ll get to capitalism later) props up White guys not because we’re superior but precisely because we’re not. White guys need the unearned advantages to keep alive the fantasy that we deserve to be on top. That fantasy is not harmless—our embrace of dominance means subordinating people who don’t look like us, which creates an incentive for White men to remain clueless.

Now watch the idiocy that comes in response to a white man that REALLY believes in assessing people by the content of their character and who doesn't reflexively repeat the line because he can't face what people of color say about their experience in America.

Members of the racist subculture call the attempt to educate other whites about the damage racism causes anti-white racism. I disagree. Teaching white supremacy is anti-white racism. This idea gets debated among Americans in person-to-person social interactions, internet forums, and social media. In my opinion, there is something wrong with this thinking. Teaching whites to end white supremacy is about as pro-white as it gets. So precisely what is anti-white racism?

“Anti-Racist is a Code Word for Anti-White” - Bob Whitaker

This opinion comes from an essay titled “The Mantra.” Written by Bob Whitaker. His complaint is a common one stated these days by the right-wing. Where on earth did someone come up with this silly belief? Webster defines anti-racist as, “opposed to racism.” It is just that simple. So how can anti-racist come to mean a person is anti-white? Are we to assume that whites are inherently racist? By Webster’s definition, that’s racism. Is racism a qualification for whiteness? This makes no sense. But this is a view now held by a segment of the white population.

THE RIGHT WING!

Oluo isn’t suggesting that all White men are evil or that no White man makes important contributions:

“I am not arguing that every white man is mediocre. I do not believe that any race or gender is predisposed to mediocrity. What I’m saying is that white male mediocrity is a baseline, the dominant narrative, and that everything in our society is centered around preserving white male power regardless of white male skill or talent. … The rewarding of white male mediocrity not only limits the drive and imagination of white men; it also requires forced limitations on the success of women and people of color in order to deliver on the promised white male supremacy. White male mediocrity harms us all.”

White men are not genetically lacking. We are just more likely than others to fail to understand the realities of patriarchy and White supremacy and less likely to challenge those systems.

If White men’s mediocrity served only to puff us up in our own eyes, it would be unfair but less threatening. But Oluo points out:

“This is not a benign mediocrity; it is brutal. It is a mediocrity that maintains a violent, sexist, racist status quo that robs our most promising of true greatness. …

Our culture has shaped the expectation of greatness exclusively around white men by erasing the achievements of women and people of color from our histories, by excluding women and people of color as heroes in our films and books, by ensuring that the qualified applicant pool is restricted to white male social networks.”

Would you mind elaborating on your statement above? I can't begin to wrap my mind around the meaning of "men face a more difficult time in education" when they lead in all top jobs with the exception of maybe service roles as well as nursing and secretarial type positions.

It could be interpretated that if they have difficulties in education then how did they get their jobs? I'm a bit confused here.
You're conflating the accomplishments of a minority of highly driven men with the plight faced by the majority of male students. Schools today are set up in ways that favor typical female development over male development. Girls are typically better at collaborative study and learning and generally are better able to sit still and be quiet in school than boys are. Women are more likely to attend college and get degrees than men are.

When you compare the averages, women do better in school. When you compare the extremes, men are more highly represented than women. It's always been that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back