This is likely a waste of time on this forum, but hey, part of the solution and all that

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009

Several good parts in this speech. The one on civility pertains to this website more than anything else, but in truth, I think that the aspect of communicating your beliefs, if coupled with an effective and persuasive argument is likely the best parts.

This is only 25 minutes and change and worth the listen.

Let's try and keep the attacks against him out of it and talk about the substance of the address.

The platitudes were nice. Don't insult people. Present facts calmly. Not much to talk about there.

However, anyone can read a speech. Living up to such high ideals is another matter.

The platitudes were nice. Don't insult people. Present facts calmly. Not much to talk about there.

However, anyone can read a speech. Living up to such high ideals is another matter.
I've not seen any sort of hypocrisy from Goudy and I don't find it a theme not of platitudes, but something we as a nation, seem to have lost.

Last edited:

Never hurts to be reminded. Obama is gently doing the same with his activism speeches. He is modeling civility and encouraging determination without violence. Both sides need to clean out their ears.

Several good parts in this speech. The one on civility pertains to this website more than anything else, but in truth, I think that the aspect of communicating your beliefs, if coupled with an effective and persuasive argument is likely the best parts.

Let's try and keep the attacks against him out of it and talk about the substance of the address.

25 mins -- too long.

2 mins would be ok maybe.

25 mins -- too long.

2 mins would be ok maybe.

I'm sorry. Maybe meditation will help...

Forum List

Back