This Guy Is Jerkin' Our Chain....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone see the President's message on the economy?

1. "We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must build our house upon a rock. We must lay a new foundation for growth and prosperity – a foundation that will move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home and send more exports abroad.

It's a foundation built upon five pillars that will grow our economy and make this new century another American century: new rules for Wall Street that will reward drive and innovation; new investments in education that will make our workforce more skilled and competitive; new investments in renewable energy and technology that will create new jobs and industries; new investments in health care that will cut costs for families and businesses; and new savings in our federal budget that will bring down the debt for future generations. That is the new foundation we must build. That must be our future – and my Administration's policies are designed to achieve that future."
Transcript - Obama’s Remarks on the Economy - Text - NYTimes.com

2. Now, I understand that there are lots and lots of examples of incompetence from this adminsitration...but this is too much to be an accident.

3. Anyone who has done any reading re: Islam will recognize the phrase 'five pillars.'

a. The Five Pillars of Islam (arkān-al-Islām أركان الإسلام; also arkān ad-dīn أركان الدين "pillars of religion") are five basic acts in Islam, considered obligatory for all Muslims. These are summarized in the famous Hadith of Gabriel.[1][2][3][4]

The Qur'an presents them as a framework for worship and a sign of commitment to the faith. They are (1) the shahada (creed), (2) daily prayers (salat), (3) fasting during Ramadan (sawm), (4) almsgiving (zakat), and (5) the pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj) at least once in a lifetime.[5][6]

The minority Shia and majority Sunni both agree on the essential details for the performance of these acts.[7][8]
The Five Pillars of Islam (arkān-al-Islām أركان الإسلام; also arkān ad-dīn أركان الدين "pillars of religion") are five basic acts in Islam, considered obligatory for all Muslims. These are summarized in the famous Hadith of Gabriel.[1][2][3][4]

The Qur'an presents them as a framework for worship and a sign of commitment to the faith. They are (1) the shahada (creed), (2) daily prayers (salat), (3) fasting during Ramadan (sawm), (4) almsgiving (zakat), and (5) the pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj) at least once in a lifetime.[5][6]

The minority Shia and majority Sunni both agree on the essential details for the performance of these acts.[7][8]

4. Now, I spend enough time on this board looking for ways to needle the opposition not to recognize when it is being done to me......

And, whether he is a Muslim or not, he knows what sets the opposition off, and he's makin' fun of us!

Unless he's really, really, really interested in thinking about becoming a reading teacher.

I think it's funny.

Last edited:
Hmmm...you're right.
The term of building one's house upon a rock comes from Matthew 7:22-27!

Hmmm...you're right.

OMG...there it is, Matthew 7:25
"winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on five pillars..."

NOT!

Pillars. Not rocks....pillars. Five pillars.

It seems that your nictatating membrane impairs your ability to view these posts....

You're not actually saying that he's putting badly hidden Islamic codes into his speeches, are you? Or that he's so Muslim he can't help but talk about five pillars?

I think you're just saying that it's bad politics to give more ammunition to those who call him Muslim. That's a reasonable point. But I disagree. For one thing, it's just not realistic to edit every single little thing to make sure that you don't give more ammunition to your wing nut detractors. If you try, things will end up looking really stale, and you'll still miss stuff.

Second, only the wing nuts are gonna care. No one who wasn't already going to vote for whoever runs against Obama is going to give a crap if he talked about five pillars or not. And they don't really care either. They're just looking for something to complain about. So he's not going to loose any votes over it.

Edit : ^Read your own damn post, will you? "We must build our house upon a rock."

It's actually possible that he or his speech writers are browsing holy books for inspiration. A lot of good poetry in there.

Last edited:
Wow. The president is an intelligent man. That phrase was not accidental. I just hope "rage boy" doesn't get all riled up about "borrowing" Mohammed's words.

He said 'WHAT????"

Rage_Boy_Cutout2.jpg

Hmmm...you're right.

"winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on five pillars..."

NOT!

It seems that your nictatating membrane impairs your ability to view these posts....

1. "We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must build our house upon a rock. We must lay a new foundation for growth and prosperity – a foundation that will move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home and send more exports abroad.
‘Matthew 7:24 Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
Matthew 7:25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock.
He's quoting the Scriptures...he aims to turn the US into a Christian Country!!!
Oh..............................My.............................God...................!!!!!

Read your own quotes ya birdbrain.

We've got a river running past my town. There's a flood plain. It's a park. About a decade ago, a bunch of numb nuts managed to get some of the parkland for themselves and build houses. In a flood plain. Numb nuts.

You're not actually saying that he's putting badly hidden Islamic codes into his speeches, are you? Or that he's so Muslim he can't help but talk about five pillars?

I think you're just saying that it's bad politics to give more ammunition to those who call him Muslim. That's a reasonable point. But I disagree. For one thing, it's just not realistic to edit every single little thing to make sure that you don't give more ammunition to your wing nut detractors. If you try, things will end up looking really stale, and you'll still miss stuff.

Second, only the wing nuts are gonna care. No one who wasn't already going to vote for whoever runs against Obama is going to give a crap if he talked about five pillars or not. And they don't really care either. They're just looking for something to complain about. So he's not going to loose any votes over it.

Edit : ^Read your own damn post, will you? "We must build our house upon a rock."

It's actually possible that he or his speech writers are browsing holy books for inspiration. A lot of good poetry in there.

You are missing the point, Digs...

He's funnin' on folks!

Maybe he's saying...'go ahead, try to prove I'm Muslim...."

...or "I'm not Muslim, but keep worryin' about it...."

or simply having a good time with it.

But it's too much of a stretch to think it was an accident.

It's the kind of self-deprecatory joke pols use at the Press Club dinner.
Bet the folks at the White House are disappointed so many missed it.

Hmmm...you're right.

NOT!

‘Matthew 7:24 Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
Matthew 7:25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock.
He's quoting the Scriptures...he aims to turn the US into a Christian Country!!!
Oh..............................My.............................God...................!!!!!

Listen, BVD's...I explained it to you....I even bolded it in the OP....I just can't comprehend it for you.

Go sit in the corner and have another kiwi...this one's over your head.

Last edited:
Wow. The president is an intelligent man. That phrase was not accidental. I just hope "rage boy" doesn't get all riled up about "borrowing" Mohammed's words.

He said 'WHAT????"

Rage_Boy_Cutout2.jpg

Oh, wow!

Ya' mean, if anyone burns the speech, .....a riot in Afghanistan????

Hmmmm... It's possible that he's trying to encourage the wing nuts. Having a bunch of wing nuts raving about you makes reasonable people think you're reasonable.

Come on PoliChic, I know you're smarter than this. We told you to read your post. Go read your post. We're not talking about the part you bolded. You're gonna slap yourself on the forehead when you see it.

Hmmmm... It's possible that he's trying to encourage the wing nuts. Having a bunch of wing nuts raving about you makes reasonable people think you're reasonable.

Now you're catchin' on.

Alway good to have a sense of humor.

...but 'wingnut' is so cliched.

NOT!

Listen, BVD's...I explained it to you....I even bolded it in the OP....I just can't comprehend it for you.

Go sit in the corner and have another kiwi...this one's over your head.

Oh my goodness, look at this!
Matthew 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
That's two quotes from the Bible to one from the Koran so far...I'm winning!!

"Ruminantery my dear PC"

So Obama mentions pillars therefore he is a secret Moslem?

You Obama haters are grasping at straws

Pillars are a WESTERN invention, not an Islamic one.

Hmmm...you're right.

NOT!

wow, thorough debunkle-age.

Forum List

Back