This evangelist asked a gay bakery to make a traditional marriage cake. Now he may face charges.

You mean the same thing happened as what happened to Memories pizza over a falsely reported narrative?Both sets of people that made threats were wrong and childish. It seems that what was good for the goose, ended up being good for the gander as well.
It's sad people can't quit with all their hidden agenda crap.
Meet the owners of Cut the Cake, the Longwood bakery attacked by Josh Feuerstein's followers
Posted By Jessica Bryce Young on Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:40 AM

We reported last week on former televangelist Joshua Feuerstein's pro-RFRA stunt video. To make some point about how an Indiana pizzeria should be allowed to say they'd refuse to cater a gay wedding because they don't support gay marriage, he called a bakery at random, asked them to make a cake that said "We do not support gay marriage," and when they refused, he ... seemed to think he'd proved something?

Turns out that bakery was Cut the Cake, a small business that's operated in Longwood since 1985. And turns out that, however misguided Feuerstein is, it's his followers that are the real menace: Hundreds of his 1,118,080 Facebook followers flooded the bakery's phone lines with fake orders and death threats, destroyed their Yelp rating with phony one-star reviews, and ended up causing the owners to close down.

(Note: Feuerstein did ask his followers to call the bakery and ask them to "explain their hypocrisy," which is bad enough, but the rest seems to have been on their own hateful initiative.) Messages like this are still being sent to Cut the Cake:

• Lovely. Now that's reasoned political debate from a Christian standpoint.
Meet the owners of Cut the Cake the Longwood bakery attacked by Josh Feuerstein s followers Blogs Orlando Weekly

But that kind of treatment is OK for the owners of Memories Pizzeria? Isn't that what you queers have been saying: "speech has consequences?"

I'm glad they had to shut down their business.
Who was it that was telling me that if people don't like getting death threats, they should pipe down?

Who the hell was that? They backtracked after saying it, and tried to pretend they didn't mean what they said...

I think it was PMH.
If I said anything, and I wouldn't have backtracked, it was that in our Whack-A-Mole world if you stick your head up or your ass out you can expect that it will get nailed. That's life in a modern age kiddos, and I hope that she sues his ass off for being an asshole and breaking the law.

And Bripiss, seen any new favorite pee videos lately, you twisted sick fuck? Our little infant likes to watch women get peed on, just like he did when mommy changed his diapers.
Except for when it's some transgender faggot poking their head up and wanting a something right? Then that's the nail you want to stand proud. And since when has being an American EVER been about being the nail not noticeable? That's the shit communist countries do to people. Don't be different, be like the heard and STFU. That's the government you want in place.

I hate to break this to you, bubba, but today is not make up shit Thursday.

No? But that means that your entire line of would-be 'reasoning' is therefore rendered inexplicable.

Which is bad news for you of course..., but only for you. Which is good news for everyone else.

So we're fine with it.

But thanks for sharin'.

You mean the same thing happened as what happened to Memories pizza over a falsely reported narrative?Both sets of people that made threats were wrong and childish. It seems that what was good for the goose, ended up being good for the gander as well.
It's sad people can't quit with all their hidden agenda crap.
Meet the owners of Cut the Cake, the Longwood bakery attacked by Josh Feuerstein's followers
Posted By Jessica Bryce Young on Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:40 AM

We reported last week on former televangelist Joshua Feuerstein's pro-RFRA stunt video. To make some point about how an Indiana pizzeria should be allowed to say they'd refuse to cater a gay wedding because they don't support gay marriage, he called a bakery at random, asked them to make a cake that said "We do not support gay marriage," and when they refused, he ... seemed to think he'd proved something?

Turns out that bakery was Cut the Cake, a small business that's operated in Longwood since 1985. And turns out that, however misguided Feuerstein is, it's his followers that are the real menace: Hundreds of his 1,118,080 Facebook followers flooded the bakery's phone lines with fake orders and death threats, destroyed their Yelp rating with phony one-star reviews, and ended up causing the owners to close down.

(Note: Feuerstein did ask his followers to call the bakery and ask them to "explain their hypocrisy," which is bad enough, but the rest seems to have been on their own hateful initiative.) Messages like this are still being sent to Cut the Cake:

• Lovely. Now that's reasoned political debate from a Christian standpoint.
Meet the owners of Cut the Cake the Longwood bakery attacked by Josh Feuerstein s followers Blogs Orlando Weekly

But that kind of treatment is OK for the owners of Memories Pizzeria? Isn't that what you queers have been saying: "speech has consequences?"

I'm glad they had to shut down their business.
Who was it that was telling me that if people don't like getting death threats, they should pipe down?

Who the hell was that? They backtracked after saying it, and tried to pretend they didn't mean what they said...

I think it was PMH.
If I said anything, and I wouldn't have backtracked, it was that in our Whack-A-Mole world if you stick your head up or your ass out you can expect that it will get nailed. That's life in a modern age kiddos, and I hope that she sues his ass off for being an asshole and breaking the law.

And Bripiss, seen any new favorite pee videos lately, you twisted sick fuck? Our little infant likes to watch women get peed on, just like he did when mommy changed his diapers.

That's exactly what I was talking about, you fucking Nazi. That isn't life "in the modern age." It's life in the fascist police state this country has turned into thanks to worms like you.

More...

"In Feurstien’s case, he’s breaking two laws by advocating another. In the following video, he identifies Haller and her establishment by name and tells viewers to call her to see what discrimination looks like.

https:///www.facebook.com/video.php?v=595710657198287

First, he recorded a phone call without the other party’s knowledge, an act that is prohibited by law in Florida. Next, he invites his many subscribers to call Cut the Cake to experience firsthand the discrimination he’s fighting against. As a result, the bakery has lost business. It could be argued that his video, which resulted in death threats, false negative reviews and fake orders is tortious interference with economic expectation. The bakery closed for a few days due to these acts by Feurstein’s viewers. The FBI is involved too, as the illegal recording of the call is a third degree felony in Florida punishable by up to five years in prison.

Nothing says 'Christian' like making death threats.......
Death threats, unfortunately, are now a dime a dozen with the social media the way it is. Don't like it coming from either side, but it's certainly a trend.

The reality is any idiot can make an anonymous death threat.

And then that idiot is immediately held out to be representative of every Homosexual/Christian/Democrat/Rebublican/Liberal/Conservative and other idiots then start attacking all Homosexual/Christian/Democrat/Rebublican/Liberal/Conservative for 'making death threats'.

I condemn anyone who makes death threats- not the entire tribe that the caller actually or pretends to be part of.

You were strangely silent when the Memories Pizzeria incident was still fresh.

Please. Just stop.
Funny. that's exactly what we told you assholes to do when this first started getting under way. I specifically warned that the other side was going to start playing the same games if the gaystapo didn't just STFU and go get a cake somewhere else. But no, they weren't going to have that. It was going to be force others or nothing. Well guess what. it may be nothing now. You a-holes shit in this bed, take a nice long nap.

Oh, and another thing. I was never for business owners being sent nasty messages and threatened but after the pizza fiasco fuck you. I want to see a few gay business people shut down. Remember how you (I believe it was you, but your side anyway) claimed anyone not willing to make a gay cake should just go out of business? Yeah, let's both play that game now eh? This is the fascism you wanted is it not?

Who said this is a 'gay business'?
They certainly aren't "inclusive" are they. Isn't this whole cluster fuck all about forcing business owners to be "inclusive" and fair? NO H8!!! Right?

There isn't any particular indication that the owner is gay. Or that the business is.

And if you're going to try and make a point about the application of discrimination, April Fools day may not be the best day to make your calls.
What day is inclusive day for you assholes? Seems like every day of the year except when you actually have to be "inclusive" then those days don't count. You fucking people went after the pizza place over the holy week heading into Easter and you think I should give a fuck about April Fools day? You're an idiot.

How about a day not famous for crank phone calls.

Forum List

Back