This doesn't sound too bad...

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
ChristianExodus.org is moving thousands of Christians to South Carolina to reestablish constitutionally limited government founded upon Christian principles. This includes the return to South Carolina of all "powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States." 1 It is evident that the U.S. Constitution has been abandoned under our current federal system, and the efforts of Christian activism to restore our Godly republic have proven futile over the past three decades. The time has come for Christian Constitutionalists to protect our American principles in a State like South Carolina by interposing the State's sovereign authority retained under the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

THE PROBLEM

Christians have actively tried to return the United States to their moral foundations for more than 30 years. We now have a professing Christian president, a Republican Congress and a Republican Supreme Court. Yet consider this:

- Abortion continues against the wishes of many States
- Sodomite and lesbian "marriage" is now legal in Massachusetts (and coming soon to a neighborhood near you)
- Children who pray in public schools are subject to prosecution 1
Our schools continue to teach the discredited theory of Darwinian evolution
- The Bible is still not welcome in schools except under unconstitutional FEDERAL guidelines
- The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display
- Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as "diversity" rather than condemned as perversion
- Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as "hate speech" 1 2 3
- Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody
- Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED
- Private homes are now subject to arbitrary government seizure
- Attempts at reform have proven futile. Future elections will not stop the above atrocities, but rather will lead us down an even more deadly path because both national parties routinely disobey the U.S. Constitution.

http://christianexodus.org/

Gabriella84 said:
Sounds like Islamic fundamentalism to me.

Sounds more like wanting to restore our country back to a Godly one...

GunnyL said:
Christianity inconveniences Gabby. There are morals and rules based on a common good that need be adhered to.

Oops... my bad... I forgot aboot that.. .:p

Only problem I see - is that this will only work if everyone does it.. .would suck to relocate down there just to be one of the only few that did it.. :/

-Cp said:
- Children who pray in public schools are subject to prosecution 1
Children are being prosecuted for this? What crime are they being charged with?
Our schools continue to teach the discredited theory of Darwinian evolution
It has not been discredited as a theory. The worst anyone can say about it is that it can't be proven, at least no more than creation can be proven.
- Sodomy is now legal AND celebrated as "diversity" rather than condemned as perversion
I'm not sure it is terribly accurate to say that sodomy is "celebrated". This sounds like fear mongering to me. It is kind of scary to think that what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom is still against the law in some states. Next thing you know, anything other than the missionary position will be illegal too. See, 2 can play at the slippery slope game!
- Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody
- Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED
- Private homes are now subject to arbitrary government seizure
What do any of these have to do with Christianity?

While I can certainly understand why certain aspects of modern life in the US are threatening to Christians, a lot of the things on that list seem odd to me. Although I know nothing about this group, this sounds to me like a group using religion as a tool to further a non-religious agenda.

Actually Gabby's right on this one - this is eerily similar to what the Taliban wanted to do in Afghanistan - return it to it's "Godly roots".

acludem

acludem said:
Actually Gabby's right on this one - this is eerily similar to what the Taliban wanted to do in Afghanistan - return it to it's "Godly roots".

acludem

You're going to equate Christianity to Extreme Muslims? Shame on you...

-Cp said:
You're going to equate Christianity to Extreme Muslims? Shame on you...

...with a user name of 'ACLU - Dem' does it surprise you? Dems/Libs love to use extremist language associated with 'good things' in order to convince people they are right.

We need a return to the Constitution. That document has been trampled over by those who desire power since it was first written. Did you know that the Supreme Court doesn't actually have the power to overturn laws? That power was never in the Constitution, but one of the first head justices of the court decided that it was. The federal government just continues to grow bigger and bigger, something clearly against the ideas of the founders, and it will continue to grow bigger until we're stuck in an oligarchy and there's not really such thing as a state government any more.

Forum List

Back