This country is my home

THIS COUNTRY IS MY HOME

I came home one day and a family had moved into my home. They had not been invited and was not welcome.
I called my law enforcement to remove them and was told they could not do it because I had to prove they were not invited and since they were already in my home I should let them stay as long as they pay me a reasonable amount of rent and I should let other member of the family move in also.
Since they were now living in my home, I must provide medical care, schooling for their children, feed them and I have to learn their language in order to better communicate with them.
While the mother was in my home, she gave birth to another child and I had to provide for that child as if it were my own. They were entitled to all the benefits of my children.
After the family had resided in my home for a length of time, they had the right o remain in my home, pay me a reasonable amount of rent, which part of it would be refunded at the end of each year.
They were free to grow and sell marijuana from my home to help support the family. Members of the family were in gangs and selling the drug and bringing crime into my home with shooting and stabbings. Being a threat to my family.
When they had established permanent residence in my home, they could send for their elderly parents and I would also have to provide for them even though they had not worked in my home to earn benefits of healthcare or allowance.
They have received more benefits in my home than they have contributed to the running of my home.
As long as they are not caught committing crimes in my home and I have to let them stay indefinitely.
I have been seriously considering moving out of my home and letting them have it, since my home have bee over run by other member of the family moving in.
They had taken my job, my wife’s jobs and part-time jobs of my children and still have not contributed to the well being of my home.

THIS COUNTRY IS MY HOME - Topix

added link. ~elvis

That's all well and good, but you yourself stated you have a family member who is here illegally. Have you reported them yet...or does your outrage only extend to when it doesn't touch you personally?

This is my home, although I have not been here very long. My folks came here when they needed a fresh start. My neighbors are suffering terribly. They have been driven into despair by abject poverty, crime and corruption. I ignored their pleas for help and perpetuated policies that made their suffering much, much worse because those policies made me money or because they gratified some moralistic attitude I like.

I stood by silently while my government failed to enforce the immigration laws of this country -- a decades-long policy of effectively open borders that I knew of, but did nothing to stop. I was enriched when companies I had invested in or bought from abused these neighbors, underpaid them and forced them to work in dangerous conditions. I turned a blind eye to their suffering even when it happened in my own backyard.

My neighbors need my help. They need a way to live decently, in their own land. I resent their needs and am unwilling to make any changes...I just want them all to crawl off and die. After they have picked my harvests, plucked my chickens and done any other work I need done without a care for their well-being.

Color me selfish and stupid....and unrealistic.

The irony of America lecturing Mexico on "stolen homes", the very same country that lost half of its territory to America's territorial expansionism fully escaped granny's two or three functioning neurons. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

THIS COUNTRY IS MY HOME

I came home one day and a family had moved into my home. They had not been invited and was not welcome.
I called my law enforcement to remove them and was told they could not do it because I had to prove they were not invited and since they were already in my home I should let them stay as long as they pay me a reasonable amount of rent and I should let other member of the family move in also.
Since they were now living in my home, I must provide medical care, schooling for their children, feed them and I have to learn their language in order to better communicate with them.
While the mother was in my home, she gave birth to another child and I had to provide for that child as if it were my own. They were entitled to all the benefits of my children.
After the family had resided in my home for a length of time, they had the right o remain in my home, pay me a reasonable amount of rent, which part of it would be refunded at the end of each year.
They were free to grow and sell marijuana from my home to help support the family. Members of the family were in gangs and selling the drug and bringing crime into my home with shooting and stabbings. Being a threat to my family.
When they had established permanent residence in my home, they could send for their elderly parents and I would also have to provide for them even though they had not worked in my home to earn benefits of healthcare or allowance.
They have received more benefits in my home than they have contributed to the running of my home.
As long as they are not caught committing crimes in my home and I have to let them stay indefinitely.
I have been seriously considering moving out of my home and letting them have it, since my home have bee over run by other member of the family moving in.
They had taken my job, my wife’s jobs and part-time jobs of my children and still have not contributed to the well being of my home.

added link. ~elvis

I'm not unsympathetic. Especially to any US citizen living in the Southwest. Must be positively terrifying, this rise in crime -- especially kidnappings. But LilOlLady...where would you emigrate TO that has no such problem?

What do we tell Mexicans and citizens of other nations fleeing their own drug-crazed violence and poverty and corruption? Shouldn't we be addressing the CAUSES of illegal immigration in the nations these folks are fleeing?

I don't know about her, but I'm scoping out Belize. Not perfect, but it has some undeniable advantages. So, I guess, I'll flank them and come up their rear....:lol:

José;2400348 said:
The irony of America lecturing Mexico on "stolen homes", the very same country that lost half of its territory to America's territorial expansionism fully escaped granny's two or three functioning neurons. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

Most of us understand the consequences of losing a war. Might be why some people are up in arms about this.

I doubt that much of the current problems are tracable to wars of expansion that occurred nearly 200 years ago. The problems in Mexico have deepened because we turned a blind eye to exploitation of Mexico's poor by its elite, to corruption in the Mexican government, to exploitation of Mexican workers by American businesses, to the effect of the War on Drugs on Mexico and most of Latin America.

We have been selfish, stupid and ignorant. If we persist in this conduct, we will be just as responsible for tearing up American communities as any Mexican drug gang.

Originally posted by Madeline
I doubt that much of the current problems are tracable to wars of expansion that occurred nearly 200 years ago.

I doubt it too, Madeline... and never said anything similar to this.

Originally posted by Tech_Esq
Most of us understand the consequences of losing a war. Might be why some people are up in arms about this.

Fair enough, Tech.

You see... I don't have any problem with the "might makes right" line of argument you just made... I just wish people stopped making this kind of cynical pseudo-arguments based on morality and legalism...

People like granny are not fooling anyone and are just exposing themselves to ridicule. The whole world knows America took half of Mexico by brute force so let's drop these pathetic, ridiculous moral and legal arguments that nobody swallows anyway and replace them for something like this:

OK, I stole your home 200 years ago... So what?? You got a problem with that??.... Come and get it...

And if you allow me to push granny's "stolen home" metaphor even further:

A smart thief NEVER ALLOWS his victim to approach his "stolen property". America is proving to be a DUMB thief...

Last edited:
José;2400513 said:
I doubt that much of the current problems are tracable to wars of expansion that occurred nearly 200 years ago.

I doubt it too, Madeline... and never said anything similar to this.

Originally posted by Tech_Esq

Fair enough, Tech.

You see... I don't have any problem with the "might makes right" line of argument you just made... I just wish people stopped making this kind of cynical pseudo-arguments based on morality and legalism...

People like granny are not fooling anyone and are just exposing themselves to ridicule. The whole world knows America took half of Mexico by brute force so let's drop these pathetic, ridiculous moral and legal arguments that nobody swallows anyway and replace them for something like this:

OK, I stole your home 200 years ago... So what?? You got a problem with that??.... Come and get it...

And if you allow me to push granny's "stolen home" metaphor even further:

A smart thief NEVER ALLOWS his victim to approach his "stolen property". America is proving to be a DUMB thief...

Agreed, America is being a dumb thief. No question American "Manifest Destiny" did the Mexicans out of territory they said was theirs. It also did the British out of land they said was their in Washington State. At least France was smart enough to get paid. And, Spain got done out of theirs in Florida by force as well.

That we allow ourselves to potentially lose it by failing to control our borders like any normal country would is the biggest clue that we are acting as Rome did in its decline. We can reverse it, but it remains to be seen if there is enough will and enough guts.

Every single inch of US land was first stolen from Native Americans.

Spaniards and Mexicans stole Mexico's northern provinces from Apaches, Mescaleros etc... in the exact same way Americans stole that region from Mexicans, Madeline. You won't get any debate from me on this.

But as another member of this Board said recently: "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Anyway here's my compromise solution:

Since we have no boy scouts here, since all the parties involved (Mexicans, Americans) are thieves themselves let's drop all the arguments based on legality and morality like the one that titles this thread:

America is my home and you Mexicans are fucking burglars BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

America is a country of laws BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Let's discard all these discredited, mentally retarded pseudo-arguments that only people with peabrains believe and replace them with more honest, truthful arguments based on the law of the jungle like:

I was a burglar 200 years before you, I disrespected your immigration laws 200 years before you did the same, I stole half of your country and if you want it back. Come and get it...

Largely untrue- much of it was purchased. As to the remainder.......Conquest and dispossession of the conquered is how virtually every society on the face of the earth arrived where it is at today. Such has really nothing in common with theft which is an act of individuals within a society.

Theft and landgrab have a world in common:

Theft: the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.

Landgrab: the illegal taking of another country's territory without that country's freely-given consent.

Largely untrue- much of it was purchased. As to the remainder.......Conquest and dispossession of the conquered is how virtually every society on the face of the earth arrived where it is at today. Such has really nothing in common with theft which is an act of individuals within a society.

Offering worthless trinkets to people for their very valuable land is not my idea of a "purchase". Nonetheless, if Mexico can push us off of California, etc. today, by your reckoning that'd be okie-dokie?

Native Americans had not made a claim on any of the Americas when the White man came in 1492 and they made the first claim. Natives did not belive in owning the land. That was then and this is now. I as many Natives are paid handsomely.
Native American Granny.

this country is my home

i came home one day and a family had moved into my home. They had not been invited and was not welcome.
I called my law enforcement to remove them and was told they could not do it because i had to prove they were not invited and since they were already in my home i should let them stay as long as they pay me a reasonable amount of rent and i should let other member of the family move in also.
Since they were now living in my home, i must provide medical care, schooling for their children, feed them and i have to learn their language in order to better communicate with them.
While the mother was in my home, she gave birth to another child and i had to provide for that child as if it were my own. They were entitled to all the benefits of my children.
When they had established permanent residence in my home, they could send for their elderly parents and i would also have to provide for them even though they had not worked in my home to earn benefits of healthcare or allowance.
As long as they are not caught committing crimes in my home and i have to let them stay indefinitely.

what tribe?

chickasaw.

Your people attempted to stop the takeover, too. They failed.

We can stop it.

Also, your people didn't recognize ownership of land, so it wasn't really "their" land.

You can stop it but you won't. TOO LATE. There were other atrocities against Natives but stealing the land was not one of them.

THIS COUNTRY IS MY HOME

added link. ~elvis

That's all well and good, but you yourself stated you have a family member who is here illegally. Have you reported them yet...or does your outrage only extend to when it doesn't touch you personally?

Something like that.

WE may have won the battle, but we have lost the war long ago. The war against illegal immigraton is one war we will not win. Sad but true. We do not have the guts.

Forum List

Back