This country is my home

Amazing. 10 years ago, decent people were ashamed to even have such thoughts...now they crow about them on messages boards.

That's because years ago people, decent or otherwise, had no computers much less message boards.

José;2405687 said:
I don't think Latinos will ever try and secede from the US, Angelhair, I was just following that guy's speculation. But just for the sake of discussion let's assume they would.

Would you like to board a time travelling machine and see the government of Aztlan, two hundred years from now telling blantant lies about immigration in the 20th, 21th?

There was no Mexican illegal immigration into the US blah, blah, blah...

Wouldn't you be outraged to see the Aztlan authorities lying through their teeth about it? I would...

This is exactly how the mexican people feel when they see american citizens like you lying unashamedly about the landgrab of half of Mexico... there was no illegal american immigration blah, blah, blah...

They feel the same anger, outrage as you would....

If the lies of a hypothetical Aztlan government, denying the reality of mexican illegal immigration documented with thousands of photos and video footage would make you mad then do unto others as you would have others do unto you...

Excuse me??? A land grab is very different than buyng it. I have said that this country paid $15,000,000 for the part of the southwest - but apparently many such as you consider it a 'land grab'....so be it. You are saying that the USA lied about how it acquired the lands??? It's YOUR word against history. As I have said before, Mexico teaches their history; the USA teaches theirs - pick your poison. Does it even matter how it went??? It's a little too late, don't you agree? As for the latinos leaving the USA, that will never happen - they 'love' to live here. Have you not seen how they kick and scream when threatened to be deported in order to stay in the country many love to hate?
BTW, the mythical aztlan will not get that far to be credible about zilch.

As much as I have also said that Mexicans, as well as all of those from a latin american country, should stay home and change things, that will never happen as long as they have the USA as their sugar daddy to run to when the going gets rough - and in those countries the going just gets roughter and rougher and rougher.....secure the border; keep them out!

Every single inch of US land was first stolen from Native Americans.

Largely untrue- much of it was purchased. As to the remainder.......Conquest and dispossession of the conquered is how virtually every society on the face of the earth arrived where it is at today. Such has really nothing in common with theft which is an act of individuals within a society.

In a word... 'Bullshit!'

Early on, most of the United States was traded by the natives to the decedents of Western 'Civilizations' expansion from Europe in exchange for empty promises that the territory not taken would belong to the tribes "as long as the sun shines and the rivers run", or some such nonsense.

Virtually every Western society on the face of the earth acquired the land it calls home via dispossession and conquest. The rest of today's nations are the lucky few who are still managing to survive the now slowing expansion of Western 'Civilization'. (Insert your preferred Deity here) bless Cable News and education.

Your people attempted to stop the takeover, too. They failed.

We can stop it.

Also, your people didn't recognize ownership of land, so it wasn't really "their" land.

Just because they had the spirit of community to understand that the earth and its resources belong to the community and should not owned by ANY private person or family does not mean that the land was not stolen from them as a people.

Someone has seen "Pocahontas" one too many times.

Amazing. 10 years ago, decent people were ashamed to even have such thoughts...now they crow about them on messages boards.

That's because years ago people, decent or otherwise, had no computers much less message boards.

I tended bar 25 years ago. That was before message boards too... they crowed back then, they were just more careful not to crow unless they were in a fairly sympathetic crowd.

Anonymity is a powerful tool when being a tool.

'What do we tell Mexicans and citizens of other nations fleeing their own drug-crazed violence and poverty and corruption? Shouldn't we be addressing the CAUSES of illegal immigration in the nations these folks are fleeing?'

Why????????

Quite frankly, the only truly effective way the US could address the causes from which people are fleeing would be to invade Mexico and restructure its government and economy. I can think of LOTS of reasons why on THAT score, but I sincerely doubt that's what our bleeding heart du jour has in mind.

José;2405740 said:
Originally posted by Granny
Mexicans, stay home...

Granny wants illegal Mexicans to go home. Fair enough as far as I'm concerned...

The problem here is that granny and illegal Mexicans disagree about what contitutes "Mexican being home".

Illegal mexicans would reply to granny (pay attention, IT'S THEIR WORDS, NOT MINE):

"Sorry to break the news to you, abuelita, but we, Mexicans in California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona are already home."

As long as granny and illegal Mexicans don't reach an agreement on what constitutes "Mexican being home" the possibility of a meaningful, constructive dialogue between them will continue to be a pipe dream.

So perhaps you and your lawbreaking compadres could stop being delusional and join us in the reality that is the 21st century.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah right, 10 years ago people were a little bit more intimidated by PC and had not seen as much of the hell that PC would dump middle America into. Well now people can see where the PC cattle car is taking them and starting to realise its fight or go under. You cannot imagine what an unpleasant place America will be in another 10 years for traitors like you.

José;2405921 said:
Originally posted by Jack Fate
My family is from Ireland. Can I go to Ireland and become an Irish citizen by claiming "I am home"?

You're barking up the wrong tree, Jack. I have stated on numerous occasions that Mexicans lost their right to live in Cali, etc... the moment the mexican society accepted the loss of those territories.

But many hispanics in the Southwest (both legal and illegal) happen to disagree with me.

Hence my suggestion that they get over being delusional. Jack can disagree with the Irish government until his tongue turns blue about whether or not he can claim a country he never lived in as his "rightful home", but that ain't going to make it true or viable, and the same goes for Mexicans who hallucinate that a prior ownership, long since lost, of a country in which they've never previously lived constitutes current claim.

As long as some blacks refer to each other as *******, I will feel free to do so as well.

Yeah right, 10 years ago people were a little bit more intimidated by PC and had not seen as much of the hell that PC would dump middle America into. Well now people can see where the PC cattle car is taking them and starting to realise its fight or go under. You cannot imagine what an unpleasant place America will be in another 10 years for traitors like you.

I actually think this is worth discussing. See thread on "political correctness".

There's one word I won't mind seeing the ass end of.

Ravi -- God forbid ConHog speaks for any "official Republican position". I wouldn't trust him to take orders at a drive up window.

As long as some blacks refer to each other as *******, I will feel free to do so as well.
I thought we were talking about Mexicans....so is this the official Republican position? Mexicans are *******?

Well the 'n' word does not just apply to blacks....anybody can be a 'n*****'........yes, even whites!

José;2405921 said:
My family is from Ireland. Can I go to Ireland and become an Irish citizen by claiming "I am home"?

You're barking up the wrong tree, Jack. I have stated on numerous occasions that Mexicans lost their right to live in Cali, etc... the moment the mexican society accepted the loss of those territories.

But many hispanics in the Southwest (both legal and illegal) happen to disagree with me.

And you having stated on "numerous occasions" (how numerous can they have been when you've only been here for about 14 days?), you have been wrong, wrong, wrong.

Read Article VIII in the Treaty itself:

Welcome to OurDocuments.gov

I tended bar 25 years ago. That was before message boards too... they crowed back then, they were just more careful not to crow unless they were in a fairly sympathetic crowd.

Anonymity is a powerful tool when being a tool.

Very true.

José;2405921 said:

And you having stated on "numerous occasions" (how numerous can they have been when you've only been here for about 14 days?), you have been wrong, wrong, wrong.

Having read Article VIII now, thanks for the cite, what is it that you think it says that provides current day Mexicans the right to live in the territory previously owned by Mexico?

Originally posted by bodecea

Bodecea, don't be dense, please....

The ancient hispanic communities in Texas, Cali (some of them older than America) did not lose their right to reside there and became known to modern historians as Californios, Tejanos, etc... I was referring to 19th century Mexicans born elsewhere in Mexico as well as current day Mexicans.

My bad... I thought there was no nee to explain the obvious. :D

Forum List

Back