Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
I am thinking of getting this

lenovo-x1-yoga-hero.png

with a configuration of

6th gen i7
512 GB SATA3 ssd

lenovo-x1-yoga-feature-4.png

Processor: Intel Core i7-6600U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.40GHz)
processor_50.png
+Help me decide
  • Intel Core i7-6600U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.40GHz)16GB memory is only available with Intel Core i7-6600U Processor.
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
windowslogo_50.png
+Help me decide
  • Windows 10 Pro 64
Operating System Language: Windows 10 Pro 64 English
windowslogo_50.png

• Windows 10 Pro 64 English

Display: 14.0 WQHD IPS Touch
display_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 14.0 WQHD IPS Touch
Memory: 16GB LPDDR3 SDRAM 1866 MB
memory_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 16GB LPDDR3 SDRAM 1866 MB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
systemgraphics_50.png
+Help me decide
  • Intel HD Graphics 520
Keyboard: Keyboard Backlit - English
keyboard_50.png
+Help me decide
  • Keyboard Backlit - English
Security Features: Integrated Fingerprint Reader
softwaresecurity_50.png

• Integrated Fingerprint Reader
TPM Setting: Software TPM Enabled
security_50.png

• Software TPM Enabled
Camera: 720p HD Camera with Microphone
camera_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 720p HD Camera with Microphone
Security Chip: Software TPM&Hardware dTPM
security_50.png

• Software TPM&Hardware dTPM
Hard Drive: 512 GB Solid State Drive, SATA3
harddrive_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 512 GB Solid State Drive, SATA3
Pointing Device: UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad)
trackpointultranav_50.png
+Help me decide
  • UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad)
Battery: 4cell 52Wh
battery_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 4cell 52Wh
Power Cord: 65W AC Adapter - US(2pin)
power_50.png
+Help me decide
  • 65W AC Adapter - US(2pin)
Wireless: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC(2x2) 8260, Bluetooth Version 4.1 vPro
wireless_50.png
+Help me decide
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC(2x2) 8260, Bluetooth Version 4.1 vPro

ThinkPad Pen: ThinkPad Pen Pro

Any thoughts?

I have a Lenova Yoga (not a thinkpad). Have had it for about 18 months. Didn't think I'd even use the touch part but actually use it frequently. Especially when a cat has immobilized my right arm. Never use the yoga part ... but I could if I wanted to. LOVE the backlit keyboard (it has a hi/low light feature) but it started going out/comes back on about 9 months ago. It won't let me type when the light goes out so I have to jiggle the laptop, then the keyboard lights up, then all is well. Probably a loose connection inside. Other than than I've no complaints.

How fast does it fly, and how many passengers can it hold

Lot more than I"ll ever need

• Banned
I have a Lenova Yoga (not a thinkpad). Have had it for about 18 months. Didn't think I'd even use the touch part but actually use it frequently. Especially when a cat has immobilized my right arm. Never use the yoga part ... but I could if I wanted to. LOVE the backlit keyboard (it has a hi/low light feature) but it started going out/comes back on about 9 months ago. It won't let me type when the light goes out so I have to jiggle the laptop, then the keyboard lights up, then all is well. Probably a loose connection inside. Other than than I've no complaints.
I travel a great deal so I am pleased this is built like a tank. I have the Y700 not for me.

Have you tried their on line live support? Your unit is most likely under warranty

• Banned
How fast does it fly, and how many passengers can it hold

Lot more than I"ll ever need
I am always doing something on it reviewing vids, photos, media stuff. The yoga aspect is what I really can use I am always wrestling with my laptop.

I travel a great deal so I am pleased this is built like a tank. I have the Y700 not for me.

Have you tried their on line live support? Your unit is most likely under warranty

Never did get around to the online support. Past year has been nuts, didn't really think about it. I should though, it's a nuisance issue and will likely end up breaking.

• Banned

Never did get around to the online support. Past year has been nuts, didn't really think about it. I should though, it's a nuisance issue and will likely end up breaking.
They stand behind their products and the on line support is very good and very quick.

I have the Yoga 2 (not the Pro version) and rarely use it except when we go for trips. Basically we use our 17" laptops at home and don't travel that much where we need the Lenovo, I wonder at times why we bought it. :dunno:

Only use it if I'm getting the car worked on, or I'm on a trip out of state.

Wife has Kindle on it, and reads a lot.

I have the Yoga 2 (not the Pro version) and rarely use it except when we go for trips. Basically we use our 17" laptops at home and don't travel that much where we need the Lenovo, I wonder at times why we bought it. :dunno:
I used to have a 17 inch then went to a 15 now this 14 if I need I will hook up to a monitor.

I used to have a 17 inch then went to a 15 now this 14 if I need I will hook up to a monitor.
Kinda hard carrying a monitor around, kinda defeats the purpose........ :eusa_whistle:
Just wait till you get past 55, suddenly those large screen sizes will be worth the extra weight....... :D
Mine came with 2 strikes against it already built in, Windows 8, now it only has 1 1/2 strikes against it, Windows 10 upgrade.

Last edited:
Kinda hard carrying a monitor around, kinda defeats the purpose........ :eusa_whistle:
Just wait till you get past 55, suddenly those large scree sizes will be worth the extra weight....... :D
Mine came with 2 strikes against it already built in, Windows 8, now it only has 1 1/2 strikes against it, Windows 10 upgrade.
LOL I am talking about when I bring it home and that is if I want the larger screen. I like my 9.7" tablet screen to work with.

This is perfect for the strange places I do my computer work

Just wait till you get past 55, suddenly those large scree sizes will be worth the extra weight....... :D
LOL I am talking about when I bring it home and that is if I want the larger screen. I like my 9.7" tablet screen to work with.

Back alleys and crack houses? :eusa_eh:

:D

Back alleys and crack houses? :eusa_eh:

:D
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

just back hoes and crack hoes

Yep the tablets do have a role in tripping. I think this Yoga may take the place of my tab. I used to travel with a 17" 9 pound internationally

Yep the tablets do have a role in tripping. I think this Yoga may take the place of my tab. I used to travel with a 17" 9 pound internationally
The Lenovo has the power you need and can be used as a tablet or laptop. The only real drawback, if it's a drawback at all, is the lack of an optical (CD/DVD drive) though you could pick up an external USB optical drive and those don't weigh much at all.

The Lenovo has the power you need and can be used as a tablet or laptop. The only real drawback, if it's a drawback at all, is the lack of an optical (CD/DVD drive) though you could pick up an external USB optical drive and those don't weigh much at all.
got that paid a few bucks and it works fine on my other laptop. However, I am more cloud based with about 15000 pics on external hard drive. I am looking forward to this little unit

got that paid a few bucks and it works fine on my other laptop. However, I am more cloud based with about 15000 pics on external hard drive. I am looking forward to this little unit
Currently I'm more earth based, one day I'll end up cloud based, harps and wings.......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back