Things that would force you to switch to the otherside

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Matthew, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    What would get you to change your mind on the pro global warming or skeptic debate?

Me---

1# If someone like Hansen, ect came here and wirebender kicked the shit out of him and made him outright withdraw from the board through not being able to defend his own theory of co2 caused global warming.

2# 5 straight years of cooling global temperatures---Yes because global warming is a longer term decal like thing, but if it started to cool global not just within nina years, but normal neutral like years---I'd admit it is a crock and co2 doesn't=warming. Or wondering wtf is going on.:lol:

3# 5 years of increase of sea ice volume. Arctic. There is a pretty good theory explaining why the Antarctic could gain a great amount of sea ice through the fact the winds that swirl around that place keeps it colder then a steal shit house on Christmas day.

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,089
    The other side meaning Chris, Old Rock, the Decline Hiders and Warmers? Nothing. I'd have to be without the capacity for thought to believe mankind has been melting the ice the past 14,000 years

3. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    Even if Hansen came here and shown you how co2 works and how it causes the warming? Even if each year started to warm .1c/year and we could prove it without a doubt? You still wouldn't.:eusa_eh:

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    A crystal ball would help.

That's a good question you pose there. I'm on the fence and will probably remain so. It's a helpless and hapless scenario with hydrocarbons fully entrenched in our lives well into the foreseeable future.

Nothing could or would "force" my opinion either way. However, I do believe that an effort to grow non-hydrocarbon energy sources worldwide is a positive development toward stemming particulate emissions.

But (and that's a big butt) the development of such should be done based on markets and not legislative caveat.

5. CitizenPained

CitizenPained Dissident-Jude

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I believe in global warming, but if it were proven to be false, I wouldn't change my habits.

There's just nothing good that comes out of trashing the earth and destroying ecosystems.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    Unless you're a plant, you should die for your sins.

7. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I can't help but wonder why this crusade for me to debate the big corruptors. They won't debate with the PhDs in physics, chemistry, astrophysics, and geology that state, without reservation, that their AGW and greenhouse effect hypotheses are wrong. What might be gained by coming here and dumping reams upon reams of doubletalk and assumption on this board? They won't get down to basic science because they know that it is there that they fail.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing to be gained by coming here. If they win, they kicked around a nobody. If they lose, or even tie, or clearly avoid the basic science and give the appearance of dodging, this sort of thing tends to get around on the internet and it couldn't look good.

Besides Matthew, I am not interested in talking to those guys. If they were to come here, I believe I could get a couple of PhD physicists who have the laws of physics and mathematical formulae running through their veins to proxy for me. Hell Matthew, I could probably put an ad out on the internet and get PhDs in various fields to pay me to give them an opportunity to shred any of the anointed clique in public; even in such an obscure location as this. Don't count on any of the biggies showing up here. Nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

8. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Really? Even when the non hydrocarbon alternatives are, in many ways, worse than what we are using? Wind is decimating the raptor populations wherever they are built, not to mention bats and miagratory birds. Solar shades and desbroys the habit for square miles. Electric cars require batteries that are manufactured in some of the most toxic places on earth and leave toxic waste to be disposed of in the form of batteries when they finish ther very short and expensive life spans.

I can't think of a single "alternative" that is better in the long run than what we are using now.

9. CitizenPained

CitizenPained Dissident-Jude

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +138
    How about...

Oil and its detrimental effect on foreign relations?

10. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I would rather see the relational problems than see eagles, hawks, falcons, vultures, and buzzards killed in their tens of thousands.