They died to Free blacks from slavery

Our ancestors made mistakes, all our ancestors! We are here, now. We know all humans are one race. We know that dividing us up into groups that can be hated only serves those who want to control us. It does not serve us.
We can have a very nice world if we just grow up.

Every body is not responsible for the division in this country.
No, not everyone. I am not one.
You are.
The Civil War was fought to preserve the Union. As a by-product, slavery also ended. Two good results emerged for an otherwise horrible, and avoidable, tragedy.
We have the nation that exists today as a result of the sacrifice made back then. It is a rich land of much opportunity. At the same time, it is very far from perfect. Somehow, it has a large population that prefers ignorance to advancement. You are not alone, unfortunately, in wandering uselessly in division and duality. "White" and "black" are illusions when eyes are genuinely open. That there is discrimination on the part of some toward others is a result of falsehood, taking illusion for absolute.
You are not free as long as you maintain yourself chained to duality.

Yes you are. I am free. In reality slavery did not end after the civil war.

When it is said we talk about a history of racist laws and policy many do not understand the full extent of what is meant. According to the 13th Amendment, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, nor any place subject to their jurisdiction."I think people really need to understand the impact of the underlined words. Blacks were arrested, tried, found guilty and sent to prison for crimes such as vagrancy, cussing in front of whites, jaywalking and other minor or non offenses for whites. Because of this, they could be returned to slavery and were. There has been no amendment to change this part of the 13th Amendment meaning that in reality slavery could still exist in America today. After slavery ended:

Employment was required of all freedmen; violators faced vagrancy charges

•Freedmen could not assemble without the presence of a white person

•Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

•Freedmen were not to be taught to read or write

•Public facilities were segregated

•Violators of these laws were subject to being whipped or branded.

And sent back into slavery.

You see the after math of slavery was a system that excluded just as much. And everybody did not make the laws that did so. Everybody was not allowed to participate because of those laws only a certain group was. That helped created the system we live in right now and your denial of this is where you fail. Knowledge is freedom, an opinion is not.

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

New York City draft riots

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

New York City draft riots - Wikipedia

over 2,100,000 served the north to free the slaves

300,000 died during that war

pick up a history book for once ya asshole

The north did not fight to free the slaves. Watch the video and learn something.

Slavery was inherited in the U.S. in some areas. Not all regions had or permitted slavery. Most men were not for it. No women had a vote, so they had no voice in it. On what basis can it be honestly stated that the so-called white part of the population enforced slavery? Such a proposition only serves to divide further.

The Fugitive Slave Law or Fugitive Slave Act was passed by the United States Congress on September 18, 1850, as part of the Compromise of 1850 between Southern slave-holding interests and Northern Free-Soilers.

The Act was one of the most controversial elements of the 1850 compromise and heightened Northern fears of a "slave power conspiracy". It required that all escaped slaves, upon capture, be returned to their masters and that officials and citizens of free states had to cooperate. Abolitionists nicknamed it the "Bloodhound Law" for the dogs that were used to track down runaway slaves.[1]

Article Four of the United States Constitution

Clause 3: Fugitive Slave Clause

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

These are just 2 things.

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

The New York draft riots was a relatively small part of US Civil war era history. It has very little to compare with 300,000 Union soldier lives lost. Whether these northern soldiers fought for the principle of stopping slavery or not, they did fight and die in that war, and for blacks to shrug that off, merely shows a degree of mental incapacity.

Wrong.

Please hear the commenter out. This is very interesting.

Why? He missed the entire point. I'm the OP here and this thread is about the lie of whites claiming how whites died to free us from slavery. As the video shows ad states, northern whites didn't fight to free the slaves and damn sure southern whites didn't. So then the claim that whites died to free us is a lie.

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1502213804818-3'); });
"They died to Free blacks from slavery " Your OP title? I thought this was open for discussion and comment.

Seems that we are discussing the OP.

As with all bigots, "2" only sees what re-enforces the bigotry.
Bi gots are bi nary. Binary is illusion.
Free yourself.

Free yourself.

Start making sense. I can show you 50 and you'd still repeat that same stupid bullshit. You saw the constitution and a law. Both specifically answered your question.

the-fugitive-slave-act-n.jpg

I'm free. But really, are you?

Free yourself.

Start making sense. I can show you 50 and you'd still repeat that same stupid bullshit. You saw the constitution and a law. Both specifically answered your question.

You see "black" and "white". I see a person.
What you present does not refer to what I have stated. It supports your argument, but does not address mine.
What do you expect people to do today to change what you perceive as the condition of things?

Back then a rich man could legally buy the draft to get out rather than being inducted. My great great great uncle got killed on the battlefield in the Civil War on my maternal side. My great great great grandma was active in the Underground Railroad and we were all born and bred in Ohio and white as the driven snow. How soon people forget.

for IM2. TRUE---most people who fought in the civil war or lived during that time did not die to free slaves---
a very few did. Not true is IM2's position that
"WHITES" invented slavery.

Slavery was made legal in the UNITED STATES by whites. You want to go back a million years in order to say you are not responsible. But we are talking about the claim of whites dying to free us.

you have made NO POINT. As far as going back a MILLION YEARS.-----I need not. I have no family legacy in the US all the way BACK before the Emancipation and certainly not a family legacy of
SOUTHERN PLANTATION OWNERSHIP I am no more responsible than are you. Are you responsible for slavery in sub-Saharan Africa?

for IM2. TRUE---most people who fought in the civil war or lived during that time did not die to free slaves---

Slavery was made legal in the UNITED STATES by whites. You want to go back a million years in order to say you are not responsible. But we are talking about the claim of whites dying to free us.

you have made NO POINT. As far as going back a MILLION YEARS.-----I need not. I have no family legacy in the US all the way BACK before the Emancipation and certainly not a family legacy of
SOUTHERN PLANTATION OWNERSHIP I am no more responsible than are you. Are you responsible for slavery in sub-Saharan Africa?

That dude has mental issues of something he has never experienced and lost reading skewed history books. Tell that dude to lay his head back in an easy chair and think positive thoughts which will put him in a hypotonic state where he is easily hypnotized, id est, Brainwashed.

Here we go with stupid. There is no sub-Saharan Africa. There is only Africa. Slavery did not end things for backs and you have benefitted from what went on after slavery. But you see, you are responsible for righting wrongs not making excuses as to why you can't. We all are. I'm not responsible for black crime, I have not sold a drug, fathered children out of wedlock, I went to college and graduated, always held a job, never took welfare and yet have helped those who have been affected by these things prosper. No excuses. You need to do the same.

Slavery was inherited in the U.S. in some areas. Not all regions had or permitted slavery. Most men were not for it. No women had a vote, so they had no voice in it. On what basis can it be honestly stated that the so-called white part of the population enforced slavery? Such a proposition only serves to divide further.

The Fugitive Slave Law or Fugitive Slave Act was passed by the United States Congress on September 18, 1850, as part of the Compromise of 1850 between Southern slave-holding interests and Northern Free-Soilers.

The Act was one of the most controversial elements of the 1850 compromise and heightened Northern fears of a "slave power conspiracy". It required that all escaped slaves, upon capture, be returned to their masters and that officials and citizens of free states had to cooperate. Abolitionists nicknamed it the "Bloodhound Law" for the dogs that were used to track down runaway slaves.[1]

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

These are just 2 things.
It is a fact that many Americans fought to end slavery. Many northern soldiers were devout Christians and abolitionists. They were inflamed by the propaganda of the day...such as Uncle Tom's Cabin. This lead them to take up arms to end slavery. Many of my ancestors did exactly that.

This thread is yet another proof of your illogical racist hatred for whites.

P.S. had black slavers in Africa not sold your ancestors into slavery in North America, you likely would still be in Africa. So, you have much to be grateful for.

That dude has mental issues of something he has never experienced and lost reading skewed history books. Tell that dude to lay his head back in an easy chair and think positive thoughts which will put him in a hypotonic state where he is easily hypnotized, id est, Brainwashed.

That must be you. For I have experienced white racism and discrimination against me.

These are just 2 things.
It is a fact that many Americans fought to end slavery. Many northern soldiers were devout Christians and abolitionists. They were inflamed by the propaganda of the day...such as Uncle Tom's Cabin. This lead them to take up arms to end slavery. Many of my ancestors did exactly that.

P.S. had black slavers in Africa not sold your ancestors into slavery in North America, you likely would still be in Africa. So, you have much to be grateful for.

Not really. Whites did not fight to end slavery. That's just the way it is.

That must be you. For I have experienced white racism and discrimination against me.
OMG did you hear someone lock their car doors as you happen to walked by?

These are just 2 things.

Not really. Whites did not fight to end slavery. That's just the way it is.
You ingrate. Must you always post ignorance? I guess that is a common trait for racists.

To give you the benefit of the doubt (something you would never give a white person), you are confusing the political leadership in the North with the Northern soldier. They are two very different things.

Lincoln didn't give two shits about the slaves or ending slavery. He only wanted to make sure the tariff on the Southern states economy was imposed, so that the federal government would be enriched along with his bosses. He was entirely owned and controlled by wealthy northern industrialists. They got him elected and he did their bidding.

Last edited:
What I heard was how whites claim to have died to free backs but replaced it with jim crow all over America. And again I'll post this:

When it is said we talk about a history of racist laws and policy many do not understand the full extent of what is meant. According to the 13th Amendment, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, nor any place subject to their jurisdiction."I think people really need to understand the impact of the underlined words. Blacks were arrested, tried, found guilty and sent to prison for crimes such as vagrancy, cussing in front of whites, jaywalking and other minor or non offenses for whites. Because of this, they could be returned to slavery and were. There has been no amendment to change this part of the 13th Amendment meaning that in reality slavery could still exist in America today. After slavery ended:

•Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

And sent back into slavery. Just think about it, a black person could be convicted of not being employed and sent back into slavery along with many other things. Far too many people want to argue about things said without an understanding of the depth and length of things that have and continue to occur.

The decisions made by the supreme court in these cases began what we call today states rights. The decision was that the federal government could not interfere in how the states did things. If an act of racism happened in a state that was a state concern, not a federal one. So while slavery was illegal by written law, while rights were not to be denied by race, whites found a way around those amendments to continue practicing racism. In 1896 the whites of this nation insured that racial segregation would be the law. This was done by Plessy V. Ferguson. So while slavery was no longer legal by constitutional amendment meaning blacks or anyone of color were not supposed be denied rights, because of Plessy v Ferguson they could be separated and reduced to second class citizenship. So laws were written, but whites found another way to practice the same racism.

Last edited:
Free yourself.

You see "black" and "white". I see a person.
What you present does not refer to what I have stated. It supports your argument, but does not address mine.
What do you expect people to do today to change what you perceive as the condition of things?

What I heard was how whitws claim to have died to fre backs but replaced it with jim crow all overAmerica. And again I'll post this:

And sent back into slavery. Just think about it, a black person could be convicted of not being employed and sent back into slavery along with many other things. Far too many people want to argue about things said without an understanding of the depth and length of things that have and continue to occur.

The decisions made by the supreme court in these cases began what we call today states rights. The decision was that the federal government could not interfere in how the states did things. If an act of racism happened in a state that was a state concern, not a federal one. So while slavery was illegal by written law, while rights were not to be denied by race, whites found a way around those amendments to continue practicing racism. In 1896 the whites of this nation insured that racial segregation would be the law. This was done by Plessy V. Ferguson. So while slavery was no longer legal by constitutional amendment meaning blacks or anyone of color were not supposed be denied rights, because of Plessy v Ferguson they could be separated and reduced to second class citizenship. So laws were written, but whites found another way to practice the same racism.
You have no experience because non of this happened in our lifetime.

It is impossible for blacks to be racist, Jessie Jackson. I wanted to bid on a APS (Atlanta Public Schools) contract and the black woman contract manager told me straight up, you are the wrong color. I got a little bit angry and said nothing walking out the door.

Forum List

Back