They beheaded that poor Korean...

I think it would probably gain us some Allies. The terrorists might even lose some credibility in the eyes of likeminded fanatics. For this reason, I don't see it happening.

I can see that point of view but on the other hand, they don't seem to realize that chopping men's heads off won't intimidate us. I really think that they feel that by doing things like that they will influence the American public to put pressure on the government to pull out. I think that they view the American public as having a weak stomach for that sort of thing, like we pulled out of Somalia after the dead Rangers were pulled naked through the streets. They just might think that a female would be shocking and disturbing enough to break American resolve and taste for war.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I think it would probably gain us some Allies.
The terrorists might even lose some credibility in the eyes of likeminded fanatics.
For this reason, I don't see it happening.

You seem to be working under the assumption that the terrorists are always logical. They might kill a woman just because they know it will hurt us more.

But if they ever did get a woman prisoner...id be afraid that they wouldnt only be chopping her head off.

But if they ever did get a woman prisoner...id be afraid that they wouldnt only be chopping her head off.

I think that if they raped her, they would lose credibility with other religious fanatics, since they are supposed to be religious. They have used their interpretation of the Koran to justify killing infidels but is there a verse that can be interpreteted to justify raping them too?

Originally posted by Gaebolg
I think that if they raped her, they would lose credibility with other religious fanatics, since they are supposed to be religious. They have used their interpretation of the Koran to justify killing infidels but is there a verse that can be interpreteted to justify raping them too?

I dont think any interpretation justifies sawing peoples heads off.

Colier, you have made a few posts since you stated that the beheadings were humanely and quickly done. Several people are wondering how it is you can make such a claim of humane treatment. Please respond!!

Originally posted by coiler
There are a few humanitarian organizations out there that have been tracking Iraqi civilian deaths but the most reliable one is the Iraq Body Count Team which consists of a team of eighteen researchers working in collaboration. Each of these researchers has a fairly impressive and credible resume. Their latest estimate is that a minimum of 9,436 Iraqi civilians have been murdered to date with a possible maximun of 11,317. The numbers are still growing and exact numbers are hard to get because of the state of dissarray in Iraq. These numbers are based upon hospital records and such. If you'd like more info I've got it-and lots of it.

How much pain do you think you feel once your head has been cut off? Which is more humane-dying that way or being roasted to death beneath the rubble of a burning building?

You sick, mother-f***ing pig! How dare you.

I have been reading this board for about two weeks, and I have been a bit tentative to speak up, as I am a newcomer and all. I don't want to rock the boat, but coiler made it all too easy. What a heartless pig.

To the rest of you - I am a diehard AMERICAN! I love God, The United States of America, and the Republican Party! I hope that the majority of you will welcome me to the forum.

Originally posted by Kathianne
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW, Kathianne, I watched the video for myself a few days ago because of your urging from a thread many days (or weeks) ago. I did not think that I could, but I was able to. I feel more American now, than ever. It was horrifing, but important. The more that see it, the more that I want to step up to the plate. I am so pissed....

Welcome Piper! Well when you decided to step up you did it right! Good show. I know some people, few here, could not stand to see the inhumanity in the videos and pictures. But you know what? I'm convinced we have to get over it. These things are happening and until we recognize that we MUST deal with it, they are likely to happen for a long, long time.

Go to the Holocaust Museaum in DC, the Jews recognized finally, that to forget means to be open to repetition.

Good morning all. I see you're still at it. I just read an interesting article. If you get a chance this morning check it out at

*edited by moderator*

Colier, you can repost your last reply after you have explained your statement of humane treatment in regard to the recent beheading by terrorists.

Let me refresh your memory:

At least these beheaded hostages are dying relatively quickly and humanely.

In your realm of humanity, what exactly is humane about sawing someone's head off with a knife and then broadcasting the images on a website?

Thousands upon thousands of Iraqi civilians have died slow agonizing deaths over periods of days, weeks, and months from infected burns and severed limbs as a result of U.S. bombing.

Actually, the most important thing I want cleared up was asked by Gaebolg.

Collier... please provide a link for the above quote. Not for the numbers part because we've already seen your idea of credible evidence, I want a link showing where they died slow agonizing deahts over period of days blah blah blah from burns blah blah.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Welcome Piper! Well when you decided to step up you did it right! Good show. I know some people, few here, could not stand to see the inhumanity in the videos and pictures. But you know what? I'm convinced we have to get over it. These things are happening and until we recognize that we MUST deal with it, they are likely to happen for a long, long time.

Go to the Holocaust Museaum in DC, the Jews recognized finally, that to forget means to be open to repetition.

I couldn't agree more!

www.thememoryhole.org is a pretty good site for these things. They believe in the freedom of information so they generally will show things that the media (in all forms) won't show, just in case you weren't aware of this site! ;)

Originally posted by Avatar4321
You seem to be working under the assumption that the terrorists are always logical. They might kill a woman just because they know it will hurt us more.

I'm not assuming anything, Avatar.
You think that they'll rape a woman prisoner, and I'm suggesting that they PROBABLY won't as they seem to enjoying beheading men just fine.

I think some people are taking my "humane beheading" statement a little too far. I don't condone these senseless murders. I am against murder in all forms. I am for ending violence in any form we can, anywhere we can. That is why I am against this war. I believe the United States of America should serve as a beacon...an example to the rest of the world. We don't seem to be living up to that lately.

It is my opinion that it does a disservice to our fighting men and women in Iraq for one to sit back here in the U.S. and just accept the B.S. we are being force fed by our government about this travesty in Iraq. Their story just doesn't add up. There are too many inconsistencies. We need to hold our leaders responsible and bring them to justice if need be.

When I mentioned dying by beheading versus dying by burning I was spoofing on semantics. My intent was to make the point that they both suck.

coiler

I think some people are taking my "humane beheading" statement a little too far. I don't condone these senseless murders. I am against murder in all forms. I am for ending violence in any form we can, anywhere we can. That is why I am against this war. I believe the United States of America should serve as a beacon...an example to the rest of the world. We don't seem to be living up to that lately.

It is my opinion that it does a disservice to our fighting men and women in Iraq for one to sit back here in the U.S. and just accept the B.S. we are being force fed by our government about this travesty in Iraq. Their story just doesn't add up. There are too many inconsistencies. We need to hold our leaders responsible and bring them to justice if need be.

When I mentioned dying by beheading versus dying by burning I was spoofing on semantics. My intent was to make the point that they both suck.

coiler

Care to elaborate on your brilliant Conspiracy Thoery about the "story not adding up" and us being "force fed" or do you prefer to be Michael Moore Jr. and simply throw shit out there and hope some of it sticks.

Originally posted by insein
Care to elaborate on your brilliant Conspiracy Thoery about the "story not adding up" and us being "force fed" or do you prefer to be Michael Moore Jr. and simply throw shit out there and hope some of it sticks.

Insein, you stole my lines! :p:

Originally posted by insein

didn't review much of the thread did you :D

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Actually, the most important thing I want cleared up was asked by Gaebolg.

Collier... please provide a link for the above quote. Not for the numbers part because we've already seen your idea of credible evidence, I want a link showing where they died slow agonizing deahts over period of days blah blah blah from burns blah blah.

Hey there 'lil - question asked and not really answered. Back about I don't know, a bunch of posts. Here was his response:

"What claim do you need further back up on? I've supplied you with the numbers. You can access the Iraqi Body Count Project at http://www.iraqbodycount.net/contacts.htm".

It was obvious he was posting crap when he got all defensive about having to provide a source.

Forum List

Back