They beheaded that poor Korean...

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I think you have a good reason to be pissed. we are trying to defend our civilization from being wiped from existance and the Left is obsessing over prison abuses that 1)were taken care of when found out. 2)Not a news story till the press got pictures despite knowing of it for months 3)that the Iraqis dont really care about. I mean come on you live under Saddam for thirty years do you really care of some terrorists are paraded around naked in one prison out of many?

We are the ones who were attacked. Its us and our allies who are watching our citizens get their heads chopped off. We wouldnt be fighting them if they would leave us alone. There is no justification for their attempt at genecide. and the Lefts obsession with this non issue is weakening the country.

I am not a leftist and I was very disturbed by the prison abuse story. It was a public relations disaster, here and abroad. It tends to show a lack of control by the military and a general level of incompentence and chaos. Not to mention being deeply deeply wrong. The silver lining in these beheadings is it makes it clear, at least to most Americans, that there is real difference between the good guys and the bad guys. The beheadings probably even help American morale to some extent, although at some point, if there are enough beheadings, we are back to the feeling of incompetence and chaos. Anyway, for me, the prison abuse scandal is meaningful and a very negative indicator of how the Iraq campaign is going.

I am not a leftist and I was very disturbed by the prison abuse story. It was a public relations disaster, here and abroad. It tends to show a lack of control by the military and a general level of incompentence and chaos. Not to mention being deeply deeply wrong.

It was blown out of proportion, how many troops are implicated? 4? 5? 10? How many troops do we have in Iraq? You're talking about less than 1% of the troops that are stationed there. Was it wrong? Yes. Are the troops implicated facing justice? Yes. Were there military wide policy reforms and training to insure this doesn't happen again? I would bet my arse there was, having served in the Army, I know how the military reacts to things like this, it's so bad that if a soldier farts on camera and insults some congressmans grandma in Des Moines we all would get issued Beano..and they would take baked beans off the chow hall menu.

It was blown out of proportion because of all of these things and the non-stop coverage from the press, I even heard it compared to Mai Lai...please, like stripping some prisoners naked is the same thing as the cold-blooded intentional massacre of an entire village of women and children.

It's not something U.S. troops are trained to do or even widely practice. At least, in my experience, it was not something we were taught to do or instructed to do and it's common sense that it would be a violation. Being ordered to do it is not a valid argument as it would be an unlawful order, which a soldier isn't obligated to obey, in fact you are obligated to disobey an unlawful order.

one more time-if you make a statement and hold it out to be fact-source it. If your statement is opinion-be sure to state so. If you are inviting discourse with your opinion, source a base for your foundation.

As for the bogus claims for war check out
http://taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2004/06/21/2003175952

Even George Bush is creating some distance between himself and any Iraq/9-11 connection claims. It's funny that he wasn't nearly as forthcoming about this in his speeches leading up to the invasion.

In spite of what most right wing pundits have been saying lately any evidence suggesting that Iraq had any ties to Al Qaeda terrorists is shaky at best. It is a far cry from a rock solid case of "imminent danger"

coiler

Another terrorist group saws someones head off in the name of Allah. The slime.

Well, these people want to have a holy war. So, maybe it's time we step up to the "eye for an eye" rule. Every time they do something horrendous like this, we, in turn burn one of them alive on video.

Or not....Just a fantasy of mine. Not very practical though. Damn shame about the terrorists though, they're just gonna keep on doing it until we annihilate them. No more political correct nonsense. Just carpet bomb any area where terrorists are suspected to be hiding.

Sure, plenty of "innocent" civilians will bite the dust but they will learn that if they harbor these terrorists, or even happen to be near them, they are in danger. This will cause them to go angainst the terrorists ultimately. Noone will want any terrorists around them and will not allow them to stay in their lands.

Besides, it took around 12,000 civilian casualties to get Saddam out of power....How many millions died to get Hitler out of power? I'd say we're doin' pretty damn good.

Originally posted by coiler

Even George Bush is creating some distance between himself and any Iraq/9-11 connection claims. It's funny that he wasn't nearly as forthcoming about this in his speeches leading up to the invasion.

In spite of what most right wing pundits have been saying lately any evidence suggesting that Iraq had any ties to Al Qaeda terrorists is shaky at best. It is a far cry from a rock solid case of "imminent danger"

coiler

ARE YOU FUCKING DENSE OR WHAT???? GWB NEVER CLAIMED THAT IRAQ WAS BEHIND 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep hearing mostly democrats say there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. What did Saddam Hussein use to gas the Kurds with? He used chemical weapons during the Iraq-Iran war didn't he?

Excellent question. Actually those weapons were provided to him by the Reagan administration http://www.fff.org/comment/com0406g.asp

This administration looked the other way and kept up friendly relations with Saddams regime even after he had gassed the first few thousand of his own countrymen. It would appear that conservatives don't have a history of hating genocide too much as long as they can derive some strategic benefit from it.

But those weapons have been out of commission for at least a decade. We knew they were useless at this point. It was all hype.

But you're right. We know that at one time Saddam possessed these weapons because we still have the reciepts.

Originally posted by coiler

coiler

9-11 ties? No, but nobody said that...Terrorist ties, yes:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/378fmxyz.asp

Originally posted by Gaebolg
Talk to the liberal that tried to justify it in the below quote. It's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that he is making the humanity of beheading a partisan issue... even if it is "relative" and what he compares it to unsubstantiated by fact.

Aren't you the one making it a partisan issue, by attributing the quote to "a liberal."

Originally posted by nycflasher
Aren't you the one making it a partisan issue, by attributing the quote to "a liberal."

Well..If it walks like a duck and
it quacks like a duck...It must be a duck!

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
Well, these people want to have a holy war. So, maybe it's time we step up to the "eye for an eye" rule. Every time they do something horrendous like this, we, in turn burn one of them alive on video.

Great idea.:rolleyes:
Should we play it on the 6 o'clock news so families can sit around the table and watch it together.

Shall we do it in a stadium and sell tickets?

Originally posted by Patriot
Well..If it walks like a duck and
it quacks like a duck...It must be a duck!

Whatever.
That was a dumb/innacurate comment about beheading being humane.
If you want to make it a liberal one, fine.

Should we play it on the 6 o'clock news so families can sit around the table and watch it together.

Nobody said fighting terrorism was going to a walk in the park. Besides, that's what I would do....Not what I think WE will do. But I don't care about world opinion. Screw em'.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
Nobody said fighting terrorism was going to a walk in the park. Besides, that's what I would do....Not what I think WE will do. But I don't care about world opinion. Screw em'.

I'll admit, part of me wants to impose eye for an eye justice on these sick bastards.

I'm not like them, though.

I woud rather see them hunted down like the animals they are.
I guess my point is that murdering a terrorist on video will not serve the US or our troops well, and they have to be our priority.

Whatever. That was a dumb/innacurate comment about beheading being humane. If you want to make it a liberal one, fine.

I was actually pointing out how far out there the guy was with that statement, comparing it to other liberal views that were relevant because he is obviously left of center.

He was so desperate to show how evil he thinks the U.S. is, he would justify the beheadings as "relatively humane" compared to our actions. He probably supports the troops though...

Im sure we could get some takers. Maybe the Dems would stop whining about defense costing too much. Defense can make us money instead.

What do you guys think will happen if one of these groups gets hold of an American female and chops her head off on T.V.?

I was actually pointing out how far out there the guy was with that statement, comparing it to other liberal views that were relevant because he is obviously left of center.

He was so desperate to show how evil he thinks the U.S. is, he would justify the beheadings as "relatively humane" compared to our actions. He probably supports the troops though...

A fanatic is a fanatic, yep.

What do you guys think will happen if one of these groups gets hold of an American female and chops her head off on T.V.?

She'll probably die.

Seriously, um, it will be more infuriorating(sp)?

She'll probably die. Seriously, um, it will be more infuriorating(sp)?

I don't know, I feel that the reaction would be extreme. If she were a soldier it may have serious implications about females in the military, I have a feeling the general public isn't ready to see one of it's daughters heads chopped off on TV.

I have a feeling the general public isn't ready to see one of it's daughters heads chopped off on TV.

I think it would probably gain us some Allies.
The terrorists might even lose some credibility in the eyes of likeminded fanatics.
For this reason, I don't see it happening.

Forum List

Back