TheSuaveOne

TheSuaveOne

Man without a party
Jan 7, 2010
Chicago
Who am I?

• I am a 40 year old, married, white man who lives in the Chicago area.
  • I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.
  • I am a veteran of the Gulf War and Kosovo.
  • I am a man without a party.

There doesn’t seem to be room for me in either party these days. The GOP: pushed me out with their on stances on social conservatism. With the Democrats, they have started leaning way too left in their fiscal beliefs so it appears their tent is shrinking as well. I have always voted for the individual and not the party, but here in Chicago, you are forced to vote in the primaries for one party or the other so I am forced to find a candidate I like and want to vote for, then select that primary to vote in, even if there is only one person on that ballot I have any interest in giving my vote.

I have been told I should follow the libertarian party, but that too seems impossible since as of late, they seem to be the party of the truther. As an architect I laugh at all of the 9/11 conspiracies since I have first hand experience in the demolition of buildings. Sorry truthers, the twin towers were not imploded, it just isn’t possible.

I have been all around the internet over the years since I am a political wonk, but it seems most sites I have found, my personal beliefs have gotten me into a bit of trouble.

I have been banned from some political forums for reasons I am actually proud of:

Free Republic and other Conservative sites: Too liberal and agnostic.
Democratic Underground and the Ed Shultz websites: Too conservative and anti-union.

We’ll have to see how things go here, but it does appear that the site is more open than those on the far left or right.

Welcome to the playground. I live 100 miles west of you. Pretty chilly out today, huh?

Today is a bad day to be a smoker dammit. I guess this damned snow should be another kick in the ass to get me to quit. maybe tomorrow, lol.

Pointless looking for something to vote for, Suave1. These days you'll only find something to vote against!

Welcome.

You may be correct Colin, but one can only hope that things can change. Although I didn't vote for Obama (and no I didn't vote for Grandpa either) I did hope he would be able to bring some change to Washington.

Most of us are men without a party, Suave.

The independent/undecided/unenrolled party is the largest party of all.

Neither party represents the average America, regardless whether you're conservative or liberal.

Thanks for your service. Which branch?
Welcome and BTW I need to restock, maybe you could help me out.

6a00e552792fa28833010536c60879970b-800wi

USAF and USAF Reserves. 12 years total time in service.

In regards to the shampoo, I can't be of much help. I keep my head shaved. :)

-TSO

I have been banned from some political forums for reasons I am actually proud of:

Free Republic and other Conservative sites: Too liberal and agnostic.
Democratic Underground and the Ed Shultz websites: Too conservative and anti-union.
Don't worry. You'll not be banned for those reasons here. Just read the rules and don't dis the mods...or piss off the Admin by ignoring the rules.

Be prepared to engage with adolescent posters. They haven't been banned either.

Isn't it difficult to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal? I mean...to be socially liberal you have to give away a lot of services that cost money.

As an architect I laugh at all of the 9/11 conspiracies since I have first hand experience in the demolition of buildings. Sorry truthers, the twin towers were not imploded, it just isn’t possible.
:welcome:

I'll admit the twin towers were a unique design and most likely fell on their own.

But how do you explain building #7 :confused:

But how do you explain building #7 :confused:

Actually, that's easy.

It wasn't a single thing that did it, but a number of different things. The combination of sonic damage from the twin towers falling, as well as parts of the twin towers hitting the building were the major sources of damage. The fires in the building didn't "melt" the steel as in creating pools of melted steel, but fire certainly will allow steel to deflect from it's original shape, which coupled with the other damage the building sustained could create a catostrophic collapse.

-TSO

Forum List

Back