These 8 Rich Liberals Are Using Super PACs to Buy the 2014 Election

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Well, as long as they aren't KOCH brothers by golly they are just swell eh? OUR government is CORRUPTED

Meet the billionaires backing Harry Reid

Tweet
Email

AP
BY: Brent Scher
August 22, 2014 1:15 pm
The Democratic Party is in a “perilous position” for the 2014 election, but the rich liberal left is not giving up without a fight. Democrats have dominated the Super PAC game so far this summer, according to National Journal.
July was a big month for giving to Super PACs for many in the world of deep-pocketed liberal donors.
Here are the liberals who are trying to buy the 2014 election:
Tom Steyer

Tom Steyer and his wife Kat Taylor with Paul and Nancy Pelosi at the Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary celebration / Drew Altizer Photography
The hedge-fund manager turned environmentalist activist gave the biggest Super PAC donation of anybody in July: $7.5 million to his own NextGen Climate, according to National Journal.
NextGen Climate, however, has not had the best summer.
His $2.6 million ad buy to target Republican Joni Ernst in Iowa was derailed when fact-checkers rated his ads as completely “false.
His multitude of ads this cycle have also been called “bizarre” and “not believable” by campaign advertising experts.
George Soros

All of it here:
These 8 Liberals Are Trying to Buy the 2014 Election Washington Free Beacon

hey, the rightwingnuts love citizens united.

or did you think it was just for the wingers?
It's the lefties that are all up in arms about rich people giving money to pols unless of course those pols are democrats

hey, your dear leader just RENGEGED on another promise to not allow LOBBIEST in his administration.
get a grip jilly

*yawn*

if it makes you feel better about yourself to cal him *my* dear leader (or anyone's) have at it.

like i said. rightwingnuts get what they deserve. there shouldn't be ANY money in politics. but as long as there is, if you think that only rightwingnut toons should avail themselves of that privilege, you're even more out of touch than i thought.

now go whine to the koch brothers and sheldon adelson.

hey, your dear leader just RENGEGED on another promise to not allow LOBBIEST in his administration.
get a grip jilly

*yawn*

if it makes you feel better about yourself to cal him *my* dear leader (or anyone's) have at it.

like i said. rightwingnuts get what they deserve. there shouldn't be ANY money in politics. but as long as there is, if you think that only rightwingnut toons should avail themselves of that privilege, you're even more out of touch than i thought.

now go whine to the koch brothers and sheldon adelson.

coffee dear, it is early?

It's the lefties that are all up in arms about rich people giving money to pols unless of course those pols are democrats

no one is going to lose elections because your guys perverted our entire political system.

you wanted it. live with it.
You guys?

Who are they?

BTW I thought you would know by now that I am not a member of any political flock and I do not vote for anyone but 3rd party candidates

One of the two groups benefitting from PAC money influencing elections wants to limit the influence that PAC money has on elections and one does not.

If you are not happy about PAC money influencing elections, it would be a good idea to express your feelings to your representatives.

Cons always get apoplectic when their playbook gets used against them. Suddenly they are for the same things liberals are for all of the time. Welcome to the dystopian political landscape of 21st century America, conservatives made these political weapons for their own short-sighted purposes but in their usual fashion they had not a single thought for the long-term consequences.

I'd like to see Citizen's United, reversed.

You guys? Not so much.

they think that ten right-wingers should control politics in this country. then they get offended when a (relatively) small amount comes from the left.

i love their crocodile tears

You guys? Not so much.

they think that ten right-wingers should control politics in this country. then they get offended when a (relatively) small amount comes from the left.

That's not even it.

They don't think. They react.

They listen for what their corporate sponsored heroes, like Rush says, and parrot that.

You guys? Not so much.

That's not even it.

They listen for what their corporate sponsored heroes, like Rush says, and parrot that.

i expect nothing less from them. why else would people so vigorously act against their own self-interests.

You guys? Not so much.

That's not even it.

i expect nothing less from them. why else would people so vigorously act against their own self-interests.

People are sick to death of hearing that from you snobs. you ALL don't know what is in everyone else's best interest. So you and shallow go pm each other with your high mighty converstation

You guys? Not so much.
Who are you guys?

You're stuck in your little 2 dimensional world. I never bought into the corporations are people thing.

Forum List

Back