Theresa May Creating Brexit Team

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
Mrs May has appointed /is appointing the following Brexiteers to top jobs. Yay.

Boris Johnson - Foreign Secretary
David Davies - Cheif Brexit Negotiator (not sure what the title will be)
Liam Fox - to be appointed imminently to a role involving extricating ourselves from EU - Secretary of State for International Trade.

I do hope Andrea Leadsom gets something.

Last edited:

Liam Fox - to be appointed imminently to a role involving extricating ourselves from EU.

What are you thinking about Boris Johnson as the Foreign Secretary? That's an unusual appointment, he's very entertaining, but I also think he's very intelligent, he's cleverer than many people think.

I think Andrea Leadsom burnt her bridges, it would be surprising if she got anything.

Liam Fox - to be appointed imminently to a role involving extricating ourselves from EU.

What are you thinking about Boris Johnson as the Foreign Secretary? That's an unusual appointment, he's very entertaining, but I also think he's very intelligent, he's cleverer than many people think.

I think Andrea Leadsom burnt her bridges, it would be surprising if she got anything.
I think Boris will be great. He is a UK brand :)

At least he'll liven up what's normally a boring office, I like Boris :smile:

you like all the Turks.

you like all the Turks.

The Donald now has competition from The Boris in the hair department.

donald-trump-totally-looks-like-boris-johnson.jpg

you like all the Turks.

The Donald now has competition from The Boris in the hair department.

donald-trump-totally-looks-like-boris-johnson.jpg
At least Boris doesn't have to do any elaborate throw over techniques - yet :)

No more appointments being made tonight, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I posted this in Phoenall's thread, but I'll repost it in your thread.

You know the Labour Party are in such a mess, Theresa May could call a General Election in say October and the Tories would get a much larger majority than the 12 seats that David Cameron got in the May General Election of 2015.

She saw the writing on the wall and got out very quickly, she may be given a junior cabinet post

Hopefully you're right, especially if the following is right:

Although critics are slamming Boris Johnson as a clown, it is worth remembering that on foreign policy he has bucked the trend as far as neo-conservatism is concerned.

‘Boris Johnson could break UK attachment to Washington's neocon foreign policy’

Everything and everybody who could help to break apart with neocons would help. The world is tired of neocons and can't afford having their control much longer if we all want to survive.

Last edited:

He has a lot of apologising to do, undoubtedly - but unlike Obamas ill advised cringeworthy apology tour, Boris does need to make them. Let's hope Obama and Hillary can accept them in good grace.

Andrea Leadsom gets her first cabinet job - yay - however, it's heading up Defra - Dept of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Ah well, I guess that will involve *some* Brexit stuff.

It will involve a lot actually as it deals with food production and animal husbandry. I wonder when the government will close our fishing grounds to the EU and start selling fish at a real price to France and Spain ?

He has a lot of apologising to do, undoubtedly - but unlike Obamas ill advised cringeworthy apology tour, Boris does need to make them. Let's hope Obama and Hillary can accept them in good grace.

He has no apologising to do as he responded to attacks on the UK by the likes of obama, now obama is on the last bend and faltering he needs all the friends he can muster, and he will miss his game of golf every day.

Liam Fox - to be appointed imminently to a role involving extricating ourselves from EU - Secretary of State for International Trade.

I've read all of Theresa May's Cabinet appointments now, I think that's a very good Cabinet, it's also very anti-EU, which is why the EU today has called it "dangerous"

Boris Johnson has described Hillary Clinton as looking like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital, I think he made that comment earlier this year.

Boris is just great :smile:

Well, now, I guess, Britain can forget all the political correctness in the foreign affairs area. Sounds just great! He does have something in common with Trump, doesn't he?

Johnson claimed the "part-Kenyan president" harbored an "ancestral dislike of the British empire — of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender."

Johnson about Hillary: "She's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital."
Britain’s new top diplomat once likened Hillary Clinton to ‘a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital’

Johnson has controversially bucked the Western trend and praised Syrian President Bashar Assad for battling the Islamic State,

He also hailed the “ruthless clarity” of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s support for the Assad regime.
He called Clinton 'a sadistic nurse' and praised Putin's 'ruthless clarity.' Now he's Britain's top diplomat

Last edited:

Forum List

Back