There really is no IRS scandal

Hundreds of right wing groups were denied tax exempt status regardless of the fact that left wing bigots seem to think "they should have been". There is no question that the IRS computer program identified words like "Patriot" and "Liberty" which used to be positive expressions and turned them into political targets. Even left wing democrats used to agree that "justice delayed is justice denied" but they changed their minds when they admitted that the IRS intentionally delayed the tax exempt status of right wing organizations with government red tape for years. Even the Court of Appeals was outraged by the IRS's tactics. Amazingly the "justice" department is still defending the IRS.

What will it take for public servants to be held accountable? Graft an corruption have been around since the beginning of time. It seems that a portion of mankind can get away with anything.

The IRS scandal that needs resolution is that Sharpton is not in jail for tax evasion. He owes 4.5 million in back taxes. Al Capone was jailed for $150K, Martha Stewart and Leona Helmsley for less than that.

But we cant put a black activist in jail now can we-------------that would be racist.

The real scandal that both parties want swept under the rug is the fact that these Tax free organizations were supposed to be dedicated to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes......

The IRS Was Wrong — But Many Political Groups Should Not Be Tax-Exempt | TIME.com

like the Clinton foundation? a "charitable foundation" whose sole purpose is to conceal bribery payments to the Clintons.

No. Not at all.

Annual Reports, Financials & Tax-Exempt Materials

Here in a nutshell if we really want to take this IRS scandal apart, the Benghazi scandal apart, the Fast and Furious scandal apart and so many is simply bureaucrats out of freaking control. Now higher ups are responsible in the end (the buck stops here and all that) but the bottom line is these whackos in government who are unelected power trippers are seriously over the top.

Can we left and right at least agree on that?

I agree with you but with one caveat.

Obama's management style is fair game for criticism. The "no drama Obama" campaign he ran has seemed to transfix itself into his lieutenants and their subordinates not wanting to create any drama themselves. If Obama is finding out about things in the paper, there is something wrong. Like 9/11 and the whole "stovepiping" of information as to where crucial details are missed as it went up the chain of command, it needs to be fixed. Hopefully, the next President will adopt General Powell's outlook on bad news; "it's not like wine and it won't get better with age."

When you add up the Secret Service scandal(s) where the agents were taking part in questionable behavior, the IRS scandal where agents/workers were using non-approved means to hold up clearances for tax-free status, and the VA scandal where workers were falsifying government documents--a felony if I am not mistaken-- one really has to wonder what it is we don't know. Is the FAA really reporting all of the close calls we have in the skies and is flying really that safe? Can someone hack into a tower and turn it off or give false flight data to controllers? Is the banking system really reformed to the point to where we won't need another massive bail-out?

You really have to wonder what we don't know about malfeasance if 3 high profile agencies are this mis-managed and Obama is finding out about it in the papers.
I think Obama loves the trappings of power, but the day-to-day practice of the details of power bore him.

Marc Thiessen: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings? - The Washington Post
The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.​

I truly think Obama thinks himself a "King" and he shouldn't have to worry about "day-to-day" operations as a CEO.

This MAY seem far fetched, but I truly believes he fancies himself as "Joffery" as in "Game of Thrones". I truly do. So, in honor of our "King" - I give you..........

God I'd love to be Peter Dinklage :D

You watch too much television, obviously.

The real scandal that both parties want swept under the rug is the fact that these Tax free organizations were supposed to be dedicated to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes......

The IRS Was Wrong — But Many Political Groups Should Not Be Tax-Exempt | TIME.com

like the Clinton foundation? a "charitable foundation" whose sole purpose is to conceal bribery payments to the Clintons.

No. Not at all.

Annual Reports, Financials & Tax-Exempt Materials

and you buy that BS? liberalism is indeed a mental disease.

There is no "IRS Scandal" because traitor Paul Ryan refuses to allow it out of committee....

Suck up and sell out - the GOP motto since 1998

Forum List

Back