There Is A God...!

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1166649>TOM DELAY INDICTED!</a></h1></center>

With his ethical chickens come home to roost, Tom Delay has been indicited for conspiracy after an investigation by Houston DA, Ronnie Earle. Despite DeLay's protestations of a partisan witch-hunt by the Democratic DA, Earle has investigated and prosecuted Democrats with equal fervor.

Now for Senator Frist and his insider trading...

"Those charges have no basis in the facts or the law. This is just another example of Ronnie Earle misusing his office for partisan vendettas. Despite the clearly political agenda of this prosecutor, Congressman DeLay has cooperated with officials throughout the entire process. Even in the last two weeks, Ronnie Earle himself had acknowledged publicly that Mr. DeLay was not a target of his investigation..."

;)

LOL. It appears that Bullyboy's own story decries his position on this one. And he clearly hasn't read the story about Frist. Hard to do insider trading when you first don't even know how much of a stock you have and it is behind a double-blind....

Bully your Democrat is showing. LOL.

dmp said:
"...This is just another example of Ronnie Earle misusing his office for partisan vendettas...."

;)

Because the right never does this. I don't even understand why people even bother complaining that an investigation is spearheaded by the opposition party. It's a given. Democrats aren't going to indict democrats, and republicans aren't going to indict republicans.

I don't understand the legal theory behind this indictment.

DeLay runs a PAC. PACs contribute to candidates and their re-election. That is why they exist.

The PAC received donations from corporations (including Sears). Texas law stipulates that corporate donations cannot be used for re-election campaigns, but may be used for running the PAC.

So how can they prove that the corporate donation was used illegally? It all goes into the kitty, I would think. As long as the PAC expenses > the corporate donations, there isn't a crime.

Or maybe it's considered a crime to not keep corporate donations in a separate account from private donations. In which case there is a "crime," I suppose.

It seems like a ridiculous law anyway, honestly.

Because the right never does this. I don't even understand why people even bother complaining that an investigation is spearheaded by the opposition party. It's a given. Democrats aren't going to indict democrats, and republicans aren't going to indict republicans.

In a perfect world they would, it's called non-partisanship. But hey who am I kidding? That's only a policy in Never Never Land.

It's about time Delay answered some questions about this matter. Even if you're against the indictment, you have to admit it looks quite suspicious.

What a waste of time. This stupid and partisan issue will be plastered ALL OVER despite the fact there is no substantive charge against DeLay. However, Able Danger got swept right under the rug.

The title of this thread and their continuous attack on DeLay indicates how much the left hates and fears him - with good reason. Too bad for them he's gonna win.

DeLay DeMan!

:dance:

Fortunately for DeLay he is from Texas, so he has a chance of recovering. Although from what I've read, its not likely he'll get off of the charges, and then faces at least 2 years of jail.

I don't think you can say Ronnie Earle is entirely politically motivated, he apparently has prosecuted more Dems than Repubs. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

The indictment accused DeLay of a conspiracy to "knowingly make a political contribution" in violation of Texas law outlawing corporate contributions. It alleged that DeLay's Texans for a Republican Majority political action committee accepted $155,000 from companies, including Sears Roebuck, and placed the money in an account.

The PAC then wrote a $190,000 check to an arm of the Republican National Committee and provided the committee a document with the names of Texas State House candidates and the amounts they were supposed to received in donations.

The indictment included a copy of the check.

"The defendants entered into an agreement with each other or with TRMPAC (Texans for a Republican Majority Political Action Committee) to make a political contribution in violation of the Texas election code," says the four-page indictment. "The contribution was made directly to the Republican National Committee within 60 days of a general election."

The indictment against the second-ranking, and most assertive Republican leader came on the final day of the grand jury's term. It followed earlier indictments of a state political action committee founded by DeLay and three of his political associates.

we'll see if he is innocent. it's funny how partisan hacks could care less about crimes committed by their 'party'. actually, it isn't very funny.

the chimp lovers have been wrong about so many things lately, soundly dismissing it is getting ignored more and more these days.

thank goodness americans are finally coming around to see how cronyism and corruption have totally taken over our government and have this country on the wrong path.

from a buldging deficit to poverty rising 18% in the past 5 years to starting an unnecessary war and giving all the rebuilding contracts to your buddies, americans are finally coming around. 2006 can't come soon enough. i don't know how we are going to make it to 2008 with the chimp in charge.

just listen to this moron speak.

After further review, it appears the prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to indict DeLay for actually breaking the law in question, so that is why he charged him with conspiracy to break the law. What a fabricated bunch of crap.

Even if he is acquitted, he apparently has to step down as Majority Leader.....so the donks got what they wanted.

speederdoc said:
After further review, it appears the prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to indict DeLay for actually breaking the law in question, so that is why he charged him with conspiracy to break the law. What a fabricated bunch of crap.

Even if he is acquitted, he apparently has to step down as Majority Leader.....so the donks got what they wanted.

for someone who has prosecuted many democrats in the past, the partisan accusation just don't make for an argument. sorry.

i can't imagine why anyone would go after such a champion of the common man and racial equality! he's such a great guy! :laugh:

it's so great the chickens are FINALLY coming home to roost.

spillmind said:
for someone who has prosecuted many democrats in the past, the partisan accusation just don't make for an argument. sorry.

i can't imagine why anyone would go after such a champion of the common man and racial equality! he's such a great guy! :laugh:

You are right, in your own mind. Sarcasm and insults make for much better arguments....if you are a liberal and have nothing more substantive in your quiver, that is.

speederdoc said:

Exactly. They've been drumming up false charges for a long time now hoping something will stick. "conspiracy" charges is something right up the liberal alley.

Of course, they will try, convict, and hang him in the media no matter what actually happens in court.

I wonder when they're going to start going to go after Labor Unions for misappropriation of members' dues, and abusing their tax-exempt, non-profit status by campaigning for Democrats (when they aren't supposed to be)?

And I wonder when that Labor Union whore that I call my Senator gets indicted along side with Tom DeLay?

When pigs fly!

spillmind said:

lol

Like when the chickens FINALLY came to roost after the National Guard memos.

Like when the chickens FINALLY came home to roost after Plamegate

Like when the chickens FINALLY came home to roost after Terri Schiavo (I told you nobody would be talking about that in 6 months)

Like when the chickens FINALLY came home to roost after Cindy Sheehan

I wonder how long before they fly the coop again this time?

He also went after Kay Bailey Hutchison and it was bogus. I'm not saying that this is too, but we shall see.

Abbey Normal said:
Yes, Bully, there is! Glad you saw the light, whatever the reason.

The god I was refering to is <b><i>The Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster</i></b>, which created the universe when a blob of <b>HIS</b> Sacred Sauce fell from his Sacred Platter into the empty firmament.

Bullypulpit said:
The god I was refering to is <b><i>The Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster</i></b>, which created the universe when a blob of <b>HIS</b> Sacred Sauce fell from his Sacred Platter into the empty firmament.

I remember the Giant Spaghetti Monster... I love that website!

However many believe in the Great Green Arkleseizure who created the Universe when he sneezed and live in fear of the day that they call, "The coming of the handkercheif!"

Forum List

Back