There Is A God...!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bullypulpit, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><a href=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1166649>TOM DELAY INDICTED!</a></h1></center>

With his ethical chickens come home to roost, Tom Delay has been indicited for conspiracy after an investigation by Houston DA, Ronnie Earle. Despite DeLay's protestations of a partisan witch-hunt by the Democratic DA, Earle has investigated and prosecuted Democrats with equal fervor.

Now for Senator Frist and his insider trading...

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    "Those charges have no basis in the facts or the law. This is just another example of Ronnie Earle misusing his office for partisan vendettas. Despite the clearly political agenda of this prosecutor, Congressman DeLay has cooperated with officials throughout the entire process. Even in the last two weeks, Ronnie Earle himself had acknowledged publicly that Mr. DeLay was not a target of his investigation..."

;)

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    LOL. It appears that Bullyboy's own story decries his position on this one. And he clearly hasn't read the story about Frist. Hard to do insider trading when you first don't even know how much of a stock you have and it is behind a double-blind....

Bully your Democrat is showing. LOL.

4. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Because the right never does this. I don't even understand why people even bother complaining that an investigation is spearheaded by the opposition party. It's a given. Democrats aren't going to indict democrats, and republicans aren't going to indict republicans.

5. speederdoc

speederdoc Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I don't understand the legal theory behind this indictment.

DeLay runs a PAC. PACs contribute to candidates and their re-election. That is why they exist.

The PAC received donations from corporations (including Sears). Texas law stipulates that corporate donations cannot be used for re-election campaigns, but may be used for running the PAC.

So how can they prove that the corporate donation was used illegally? It all goes into the kitty, I would think. As long as the PAC expenses > the corporate donations, there isn't a crime.

Or maybe it's considered a crime to not keep corporate donations in a separate account from private donations. In which case there is a "crime," I suppose.

It seems like a ridiculous law anyway, honestly.

6. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    In a perfect world they would, it's called non-partisanship. But hey who am I kidding? That's only a policy in Never Never Land.

It's about time Delay answered some questions about this matter. Even if you're against the indictment, you have to admit it looks quite suspicious.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    like i said on the other thread. Who cares?

8. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Yes, Bully, there is! Glad you saw the light, whatever the reason.

9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    What a waste of time. This stupid and partisan issue will be plastered ALL OVER despite the fact there is no substantive charge against DeLay. However, Able Danger got swept right under the rug.

The title of this thread and their continuous attack on DeLay indicates how much the left hates and fears him - with good reason. Too bad for them he's gonna win.

DeLay DeMan!

:dance:

10. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Fortunately for DeLay he is from Texas, so he has a chance of recovering. Although from what I've read, its not likely he'll get off of the charges, and then faces at least 2 years of jail.

I don't think you can say Ronnie Earle is entirely politically motivated, he apparently has prosecuted more Dems than Repubs. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.