There are many of high schools named Robert E. Lee, and several counties named Lee.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The Dumb Democrat Bigots are going to be very busy ethnically cleansing America of Southern history and heritage.

The Dumb Democrat Bigots are going to be very busy ethnically cleansing America of Southern history and heritage.

Would you leave it up to the local school board to decide the name of their schools, or would you have the federal government intervene and force all school boards with schools named after Confederates to keep those names in perpetuity?

Robert E Lee MIGHT have been a really nice guy--------I have no information.

There were high schools in California on native American land that chose themselves the nickname "Redskins". California liberals decided that was offensive and FORCED the natives to come up with another name. Yea, liberals aren't fascist at all. :bs1:

He was only a traitor to our country. only helped kill half 1 million troops.

what about all those celebrities whos middle name is "Lee"?,,,,will they have to change it to "Van" or Von?...or just change their race to black?

90% of Americans don't know who Lee was, what he did, or what he believed.

90% of Americans don't know who Lee was, what he did, or what he believed.

I am an American-----I know that Robert E Less was an important confederate General-----and won lost of
very bloody battles. ------I have no idea what he BELIEVED

So are all those who lead rebellions from the existing authority, traitors?

If so, then all the Founders were traitors.

Timmy...please stop posting....you don't know anything.

Oh my! I went to Stonewall Jackson Sr High. I guess the left will change that soon too. LOL

Progressive heroes like Margaret Sanger and Louis Brandeis supported eugenics and forced sterilization like the Nazis.

Brandeis' statue can be found at a university that takes public funds. Sanger's statue is at the Smithsonian.

Time to tear them down!

Now, therefore, be it known that I, Andrew Johnson President of the United States, by virtue of the power and authority in me vested by the Constitution and in the name of the sovereign people of the United States, do hereby proclaim and declare unconditionally and without reservation, to all and to every person who, directly or indirectly, participated in the late insurrection or rebellion a full pardon and amnesty for the offense of treason against the United States or of adhering to their enemies during the late civil war, with restoration of all rights, privileges, and immunities under the Constitution and the laws which have been made in pursuance thereof.
Andrew Johnson: Proclamation 179—Granting Full Pardon and Amnesty for the Offense of Treason Against the United States During the Late Civil War

” Every soldier’s grave made during our unfortunate civil war [sic] is a tribute to American valor… And the time has now come… when in the spirit of fraternity we should share in the care of the graves of the Confederate soldiers… and if it needed further justification it is found in the gallant loyalty to the Union and the flag so conspicuously shown in the year just passed by the sons and grandsons of those heroic dead.” …President William McKinley, 14 December 1898.
Confederate Soldiers – American Veterans by Act of Congress

Robert Edward Lee (January 19, 1807 – October 12, 1870) was an American general known for commanding the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia in the American Civil War from 1862 until his surrender in 1865. A son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, Lee was a top graduate of the United States Military Academy and an exceptional officer and military engineer in the United States Army for 32 years. During this time, he served throughout the United States, distinguished himself during the Mexican–American War, and served as Superintendent of the United States Military Academy.
Robert E. Lee - Wikipedia

On the other hand - let's remove all statues from public property - it would be quite in keeping with the opening sentence of the 2nd Commandment after all:
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

Works of art (statues, sculptures, monuments, paintings, etc.) that offend anyone should also be removed, even if it's just a crucifix in urine or a beheaded president...and we must never offend the religious by printing images of their prophets - but so far that's just one particular group, eh? Is there a magic number...or decibel level that guides us? And name public property, streets, schools, bridges, etc. after historical figures? Oh, the horror - anyone who's done anything in life has offended someone. somewhere.

So...is there a sliding scale on which one's age, gender, skin color, religion or political affiliation determines the validity of their claim on offensive objects and dictates the appropriate corrective action? Hmmm?

Personally I cast my vote for 'None of the Above'...let it all stand.

New Topics

Forum List

Back