There Are A Few, Not Many, Republicans Who Understand

So you are willing to put the Russians above the FBI. Even after 17 intel agencies have told you the Russians were running a propaganda campaign to get Trump elected...

The problem is that you are willing to at best ignore Russian involvement in the election for perceived power. You fail to understand that there are actually Americans who are not necessarily Democrats who don't want foreign enemy corrupting the US elections.

You obviously would side with Russia over these people. You prefer to be on the side of Putin over people have risked there lives and lost colleagues in defense of America...

Did anything you think Russia did influence how you voted in November 2016 ... :dunno:

If so ... Please explain your ignorance.
If not ... Whose vote do you think was influenced by Russian activities and how?

Yanno... I would have taken the OP more seriously if it hadn't proceeded to call Trump an "idiot" every other sentence. Is this OP built on facts or hatred?

I'll let you, the dear reader, decide.

Trump is fundamentally wrong about vindication...

Actually if anything this Memo highlights that while it say Carter Page was targeted by the dossier but the big thing is they got renewals... To get renewal you have to show the surveillance is finding new evidence. This means Page was supplying more evidence of wrong doing...

I think that is what Gowdy read in the memo... The Memo is a general disgrace anyway, there is accusations made and right of reply has been denied the the FBI.
Clearly forces within our government were criminally conspiring to subvert a presidential election. If they get away with this, no future presidential election is safe. Oh well, let’s just ignore this to protect Obama and the D party.

So you are willing to put the Russians above the FBI. Even after 17 intel agencies have told you the Russians were running a propaganda campaign to get Trump elected...

The problem is that you are willing to at best ignore Russian involvement in the election for perceived power. You fail to understand that there are actually Americans who are not necessarily Democrats who don't want foreign enemy corrupting the US elections.

You obviously would side with Russia over these people. You prefer to be on the side of Putin over people have risked there lives and lost colleagues in defense of America...
Lies and funny. The 17 Agency thing was debunked long ago. Russia too funny.

Stop allowing yourself to be duped.

Hey Mac.. why does Trump have to be the perfect person when ll around him (and Presidential) don't adhere to the same standard, the American people chose Trump with the warts, why can't you respect that, then make the best of it..?
Perfect? Really? Come on.

I am making the best out of it. I'll continue to celebrate every bit of good news and hope for the best. I'm an Independent, and I want as much good news as I can stand.

Part of his appeal to his supporters appears to be his temperament, his personality, his behaviors. I'm under no obligation to like them. We've literally been told that we're supposed to "take him seriously but not literally". It's up to his supporters, and people like Gowdy, to decide whether that's a high enough standard for the President of the United States.

Hey Mac.. why does Trump have to be the perfect person when ll around him (and Presidential) don't adhere to the same standard, the American people chose Trump with the warts, why can't you respect that, then make the best of it..?

I am making the best out of it. I'll continue to celebrate every bit of good news and hope for the best. I'm an Independent, and I want as much good news as I can stand.

Part of his appeal to his supporters appears to be his temperament, his personality, his behaviors. I'm under no obligation to like them. We've literally been told that we're supposed to "take him seriously but not literally". It's up to his supporters, and people like Gowdy, to decide whether that's a high enough standard for the President of the United States.

I guess your mind reading and judgements through me off...

As an outsider (real conservative) ... There is only one take-away I got from the election of President Trump.
The best I can figure is that the President was elected because he wasn't like the other 17 "buttoned vest" candidates he shared the stage with.

Even for people who are not President Trump supporters ... You could always look at what did play out.
The people who voted for the President in the primaries were sick and tired of the do-nothing establishment GOP.
Anyone who thinks the Democrats will ever compromise or cooperate ... Just because the GOP "plays nice" ... Is a fool ... :thup:

As an outsider (real conservative) ... There is only one take-away I got from the election of President Trump.
The best I can figure is that the President was elected because he wasn't like the other 17 "buttoned vest" candidates he shared the stage with.

Even for people who are not President Trump supporters ... You could always look at what did play out.
The people who voted for the President in the primaries were sick and tired of the do-nothing establishment GOP.
Anyone who thinks the Democrats will ever compromise or cooperate ... Just because the GOP "plays nice" ... Is a fool ... :thup:

Well first, I look at him as essentially a primal scream, a big fuck you to things in general, including the GOP establishment. So to a degree, I can see that. While I voted against him, I'm looking forward to being proven wrong, and we won't really know for a while. This stuff takes time to play out, it can't be judged on a day-to-day basis. But if I'm wrong on him, great. I'm wrong all the time, just ask my wife.

On compromise and cooperation, it takes two. And it usually means that one has to be first. I think that the best, most creative, and longest-lasting answers come from collaboration - whether it's politics, business or personal. I don't see that happening any time soon, and that's a shame for the country.

On compromise and cooperation, it takes two. And it usually means that one has to be first. I think that the best, most creative, and longest-lasting answers come from collaboration - whether it's politics, business or personal.

Nothing to disagree with there ... Unless you are suggesting the Democrats are capable of taking part in that exercise.

They have proven time and time again they will do whatever is possible to get what they want ...
And welch on whatever they have agreed to in return.

And ... If you watch the Democrats in Washington DC with their constant ongoing rhetoric ...
And maintain the idea they are interested in any sort of compromise or cooperation ... You are a fool ... :thup:

On compromise and cooperation, it takes two. And it usually means that one has to be first. I think that the best, most creative, and longest-lasting answers come from collaboration - whether it's politics, business or personal.

Nothing to disagree with there ... Unless you are suggesting the Democrats are capable of taking part in that exercise.

They have proven time and time again they will do whatever is possible to get what they want ...
And welch on whatever they have agreed to in return.

And ... If you watch the Democrats in Washington DC with their constant ongoing rhetoric ...
And maintain the idea they are interested in any sort of compromise or cooperation ... You are a fool ... :thup:

Oh, I think anyone is capable.

No offense ... Bless your precious little heart for thinking the best of folks.
Perhaps when the politicians in DC have completely destroyed the country ... You'll figure it all out.

As far as making deals with Democrats ... Let them compromise first.
Getting it in writing doesn't work either ... Get the goods before you come to the table.

The idiot Trump has done much damage to the United States’ reputation during his first disastrous year as POTUS.

The list is long of events and instances that describe the idiot Trump’s stupid mistakes both here and abroad. His alienating of our allies, his insults to other nation’s leaders, and his general boorish behavior have disgraced the office of the United States’ President too many times to count. His classless conduct as President after inauguration quickly made him and the U.S. laughingstock around the world.

His statements have openly declared only he and Putin tell the truth. And he has strongly recommended conservatives commit violent acts against those who oppose him, that conservatives embrace Nazis and Nazi-types and the hatred they spew, and he has proclaimed non-white people to be murderers, rapists, drug pushers, terrorists, etc.

There are a few remaining Republican politicians who still understand what the United States stands for in the world community, not many, but a few.

“Rep. Trey Gowdy refuted President Trump’s claim that a controversial GOP-penned memo vindicates him in special counsel Robert Mueller’s sweeping Russia probe.” Also, “Gowdy (R-S.C.) drew the line between the former FBI chief’s Russia investigation and the memo’s assertion that the Justice Department relied too much on a highly scrutinized dossier to get a surveillance warrant.” In a CBS News’ “Face the Nation” interview Gowdy said, “There is a Russia investigation without a dossier.”

It would appear Gowdy is one of the few Republicans able to understand the irreparable damage being done to the reputation of U.S. by the idiot Trump. Gowdy and a few other Republican politicians also realize the long-term damage the idiot Trump’s constant pandering to the lowest element in America is doing.

However, regardless of the idiot Trump’s assertion of his vindication, “Gowdy said the dossier didn’t have anything to do with potential obstruction of justice charges in Mueller’s investigation.”

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness, (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/04/rep-trey-gowdy-says-gop-memo-doesnt-discredit-mueller-probe/23352426/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-lawmakers-distance-themselves-from-trump-on-memo/ar-BBIGujo?ocid=spartandhp

Wrong, O already floated that boat and has damaged the US immensely through his reckless foreign and domestic policies. A real travesty for this country.

No offense ... Bless your precious little heart for thinking the best of folks.
As far as making deals with Democrats ... Let them compromise first.
The interesting thing to me is that I'm told these same things by both ends of the spectrum, hence my sig.

As long as the ends of the spectrum allow themselves to believe that collaboration equals capitulation, this will continue. This is a choice the wings are making, it's about their ego, and it's up to one side to be the adult in the room, first.

The idiot Trump has done much damage to the United States’ reputation during his first disastrous year as POTUS.

The list is long of events and instances that describe the idiot Trump’s stupid mistakes both here and abroad. His alienating of our allies, his insults to other nation’s leaders, and his general boorish behavior have disgraced the office of the United States’ President too many times to count. His classless conduct as President after inauguration quickly made him and the U.S. laughingstock around the world.

His statements have openly declared only he and Putin tell the truth. And he has strongly recommended conservatives commit violent acts against those who oppose him, that conservatives embrace Nazis and Nazi-types and the hatred they spew, and he has proclaimed non-white people to be murderers, rapists, drug pushers, terrorists, etc.

There are a few remaining Republican politicians who still understand what the United States stands for in the world community, not many, but a few.

“Rep. Trey Gowdy refuted President Trump’s claim that a controversial GOP-penned memo vindicates him in special counsel Robert Mueller’s sweeping Russia probe.” Also, “Gowdy (R-S.C.) drew the line between the former FBI chief’s Russia investigation and the memo’s assertion that the Justice Department relied too much on a highly scrutinized dossier to get a surveillance warrant.” In a CBS News’ “Face the Nation” interview Gowdy said, “There is a Russia investigation without a dossier.”

It would appear Gowdy is one of the few Republicans able to understand the irreparable damage being done to the reputation of U.S. by the idiot Trump. Gowdy and a few other Republican politicians also realize the long-term damage the idiot Trump’s constant pandering to the lowest element in America is doing.

However, regardless of the idiot Trump’s assertion of his vindication, “Gowdy said the dossier didn’t have anything to do with potential obstruction of justice charges in Mueller’s investigation.”

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness, (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/04/rep-trey-gowdy-says-gop-memo-doesnt-discredit-mueller-probe/23352426/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-lawmakers-distance-themselves-from-trump-on-memo/ar-BBIGujo?ocid=spartandhp

Regardless of which memos are declassified, what dossiers come to light, or that Nunes ignored intelligence reports to fabricate his tall tales to shield the idiot Trump, all of this is irrelevant to the Mueller investigation into the idiot Trump’s and his cronies’ collusion with the Russians to interfere with our 2016 elections.

Of course, the idiot Trump’s legal team much prefers he avoid any and all situations where he might be called upon answer questions concerning the investigation. His lawyers know full well it is impossible for him to tell the truth. They also know it is next to impossible to make him follow their advice. In addition to these facts, the idiot Trump’s lawyers know the idiot Trump believes himself to be the smartest person on the planet. This truly unwarranted confidence has the idiot Trump convinced he can razzle dazzle Mueller and his team of professional prosecutors, just as he has the conservatives.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fully experienced in the investigative and prosecutorial processes involved for cases such as this. He led the legal teams that convicted former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, and that of John Gotti, head of the Gambino crime family, and consigliere Frank Locascio.

In the 1991 Manuel Noriega was convicted and sentenced to 40 years in jail. In 1992, John Gotti and Frank Locascio were convicted and sentenced to life with no parole.

However, like most conservatives the idiot Trump, his sons, and son-in-law are oblivious to the real world. This family firmly believes they are not required to live by the rules of past administrations, so, have openly admitted to certain unethical acts (actually they boasted of them). But upon reflection (and their attorneys’ advice), all have retracted their admissions. They have even gone as far as denying making these statements, though all have been recorded or are on film and videotape.

Republican House members Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Chris Stewart (Utah), Will Hurd (Texas) and Brad Wenstrup (Ohio) are some of the few Republicans who understand the idiot Trump’s inability to tell the truth and his refusal to be interviewed by Mueller carry political consequences.

Such consequences include the appearance the idiot Trump is hiding something, and will extend the investigation well into the 2018 mid-term election year. This can only keep the scandal fresh in the conservative voters’ collective memory, which normally forgets important news within a few days.

The Mueller investigation will benefit greatly from the arrogance of this family and administration, as it will provided him and his team countless examples of reliable evidence of these admissions, boasts, and much, much more.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. But as we've seen thus far, the conservatives' responses have consisted of the drivel and foolishness predicted at the end of the OP. So as usual, any reply to their idiocy is a waste of time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump’s-lawyers-want-him-to-refuse-an-interview-in-russia-inquiry/ar-BBIKADh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

A varied spectrum of information is undoubtedly beneficial in informing one's holistic grasp on any issue... Two articles that might interest those who are seeking be balanced & informed in their pursuit of objectivity (as relating to the above post) ...

Radioactive Trump
Trump So Effective That Navy Officers "Baffled" by How Quickly Iran Retreated

Trey Away

Being praised by Hillariouses will stop Gowdy's ambitions cold. You RINO-jockeys are not doing your mounts any favors.

Translation:
“Trump is a mean alpha male...he doesn’t verbally coddle the nations bottom feeding filth...he cheers on the nations best and he wants Americans put first....he’s a total asshole.”

Regardless of which memos are declassified, what dossiers come to light, or that Nunes ignored intelligence reports to fabricate his tall tales to shield the idiot Trump, all of this is irrelevant to the Mueller investigation into the idiot Trump’s and his cronies’ collusion with the Russians to interfere with our 2016 elections.

Of course, the idiot Trump’s legal team much prefers he avoid any and all situations where he might be called upon answer questions concerning the investigation. His lawyers know full well it is impossible for him to tell the truth. They also know it is next to impossible to make him follow their advice. In addition to these facts, the idiot Trump’s lawyers know the idiot Trump believes himself to be the smartest person on the planet. This truly unwarranted confidence has the idiot Trump convinced he can razzle dazzle Mueller and his team of professional prosecutors, just as he has the conservatives.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fully experienced in the investigative and prosecutorial processes involved for cases such as this. He led the legal teams that convicted former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, and that of John Gotti, head of the Gambino crime family, and consigliere Frank Locascio.

In the 1991 Manuel Noriega was convicted and sentenced to 40 years in jail. In 1992, John Gotti and Frank Locascio were convicted and sentenced to life with no parole.

However, like most conservatives the idiot Trump, his sons, and son-in-law are oblivious to the real world. This family firmly believes they are not required to live by the rules of past administrations, so, have openly admitted to certain unethical acts (actually they boasted of them). But upon reflection (and their attorneys’ advice), all have retracted their admissions. They have even gone as far as denying making these statements, though all have been recorded or are on film and videotape.

Republican House members Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Chris Stewart (Utah), Will Hurd (Texas) and Brad Wenstrup (Ohio) are some of the few Republicans who understand the idiot Trump’s inability to tell the truth and his refusal to be interviewed by Mueller carry political consequences.

Such consequences include the appearance the idiot Trump is hiding something, and will extend the investigation well into the 2018 mid-term election year. This can only keep the scandal fresh in the conservative voters’ collective memory, which normally forgets important news within a few days.

The Mueller investigation will benefit greatly from the arrogance of this family and administration, as it will provided him and his team countless examples of reliable evidence of these admissions, boasts, and much, much more.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. But as we've seen thus far, the conservatives' responses have consisted of the drivel and foolishness predicted at the end of the OP. So as usual, any reply to their idiocy is a waste of time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump’s-lawyers-want-him-to-refuse-an-interview-in-russia-inquiry/ar-BBIKADh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Bad link

Yanno... I would have taken the OP more seriously if it hadn't proceeded to call Trump an "idiot" every other sentence. Is this OP built on facts or hatred?

I'll let you, the dear reader, decide.

Trump is fundamentally wrong about vindication...

Actually if anything this Memo highlights that while it say Carter Page was targeted by the dossier but the big thing is they got renewals... To get renewal you have to show the surveillance is finding new evidence. This means Page was supplying more evidence of wrong doing...

I think that is what Gowdy read in the memo... The Memo is a general disgrace anyway, there is accusations made and right of reply has been denied the the FBI.
Clearly forces within our government were criminally conspiring to subvert a presidential election. If they get away with this, no future presidential election is safe. Oh well, let’s just ignore this to protect Obama and the D party.

Arctophobia

Boo-hoo. Out of sympathy for the way people are always picking on the Hillalosers, I wish I had Grim Weeper Schumer's ability to turn on the tears even when he feels nothing. So all I can offer is this advice: Quit watching Boris & Natasha cartoons.

I'm confused as to your OP. Trump was legally elected, though he may have gotten 'extra help," but he was elected to reduce our aid to allies and pursue a more "America First" agenda, and reform immigration." Arguably, the tax reform does simplify middle class taxes by removing incentives to itemize. We may not like that but ... it's there.

The Russia thing, and his constant need to interfere with investigations tends to detract from his agenda.

The Gnome From Nome

After reading that preaching to the choir, I feel like I've raced in the Idiotarod.

As stated in an earlier post, “Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fully experienced in the investigative and prosecutorial processes involved for cases such as this.” And, it is becoming apparent there are FBI agents who are also experienced in understanding the investigative processes necessary in such cases.

Two months before Mueller was appointed special counsel, “an agent in the FBI's counterintelligence division emailed the deputy general counsel at GSA [General Services Administration] to preserve documents, electronics and communications from the Trump transition team.” Within approximately a month of Mueller’s appointment, a formal preservation request was sent to the GSA to assure this evidence was protected.

Those people close to the idiot Trump were, “worried that a special counsel, which comes with broad authority to investigate any matters deemed relevant, could lead to an expansive investigation beyond what the FBI had in its initial inquiry.”

A representative for the Mueller team stated, " ‘When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner's consent or appropriate criminal process.' " So, not only were the idiot Trump’s friend’s worries correct, it proves Mueller’s knowledge of the steps that must be taken in this important investigation. The man definitely knows his business.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. But as we have already seen, in the conservatives' responses to this thread so far, all we can expect is their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-documents-show-how-mueller-quickly-expanded-probe/ar-BBIN1xV?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Forum List

Back