The Young and the Restless

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, i watch this famous série in France, long time série that start in 1973 and it is always so popular

Jeanne Cooper who die May 8 2013, in the soap she seem immortal

That is your opinion, but it is famous, very popular maybe just like the Simpsons comme ton Avatar i have the série of the Simpson at home Série 1 to 10 after i stop i don't like so muc after season 10

I never watched it, but I remember people who did referring to it as "The Hot and the Horny." I don't know why. I just recall thinking it funny.

Famous? I found it to be shallow and pedantic...
"Pedantic?" A soap opera?
I saw it when I was sick home from school the day it started, my Mom was addicted to soap operas for years...I found it to be no better than all the others...
Okay, I can get with that. I would buy all sorts of other things about the Y&R and other daytime dramas. It's the "pedantic" part I'm struggling to grasp. What made (makes? -- is the series still on?) the show pedantic?

I saw it when I was sick home from school the day it started, my Mom was addicted to soap operas for years...I found it to be no better than all the others...
Okay, I can get with that. I would buy all sorts of other things about the Y&R and other daytime dramas. It's the "pedantic" part I'm struggling to grasp. What made (makes? -- is the series still on?) the show pedantic?
unimaginative, dull

unimaginative, dull
I suspected you might say that.

While soaps, including Y&R, may push the limits of one's ability to willingly suspend disbelief, it's an uphill climb to make the case that their plotlines are unimaginative. They just have too much outlandish stuff going on. They may drag out the various plot twists and bombshells over an insanely long time period, but it definitely takes a "vivid" imagination to come up with the foolishness they do.

I mean really...

Phillip Chancellor III, who died as a result of a drunken driving accident was not Jill Abbott’s son, as he was supposed to have been. Then, it's revealed that some dude who shows up out of nowhere, Cane Ashby, had been switched at birth and was in fact the real Phillip. The madness doesn't stop there. Cane, it turns out, was actually an imposter in cahoots with the very much alive Phillip Chancellor III.
Source
That's just one tiny bit of one of many story lines. Unimaginative and dull? No. That's not what it is. C'mon, dude. Whoever dreamt that up either has a wild imagination or good drugs, maybe both. And that's even before pondering just how it is that so many non-Hindus managed to be resurrected and not at least once portrayed as the third arrival of Jesus Christ.

unimaginative, dull
I suspected you might say that.

While soaps, including Y&R, may push the limits of one's ability to willingly suspend disbelief, it's an uphill climb to make the case that their plotlines are unimaginative. They just have too much outlandish stuff going on. They may drag out the various plot twists and bombshells over an insanely long time period, but it definitely takes a "vivid" imagination to come up with the foolishness they do.

I mean really...

Phillip Chancellor III, who died as a result of a drunken driving accident was not Jill Abbott’s son, as he was supposed to have been. Then, it's revealed that some dude who shows up out of nowhere, Cane Ashby, had been switched at birth and was in fact the real Phillip. The madness doesn't stop there. Cane, it turns out, was actually an imposter in cahoots with the very much alive Phillip Chancellor III.
Source
That's just one tiny bit of one of many story lines. Unimaginative and dull? No. That's not what it is. C'mon, dude. Whoever dreamt that up either has a wild imagination or good drugs, maybe both. And that's even before pondering just how it is that so many non-Hindus managed to be resurrected and not at least once portrayed as the third arrival of Jesus Christ.
It's not new, most of what people see on TV is a rehash from productions that have already been done in previous years...

Y and R was fun! The Matt Clark sequence back in 94 and 95 was awesome.
The man who played that character is now married to one of my most favorite female singers, LeAnn Rimes that is. :) :) :)

God bless you and her and her husband always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

P.S. I used to watch the show, but I walked away from it several years ago because I got sick of the repetitiveness which is why I don't tune into any of the other shows either.

Hello, a sad news !

pizap.com15018844339061-neil.jpg

Fans are reacting to a devastating blow. Following alleged threats of suicide, Kristoff St. John has been hospitalized. In response to this news, everyone is offering prayers, support and encouragement during this difficult time.

Sunday morning, October 22, news spread that Kristoff St. John was being evaluated by mental health professionals. It was determined that for his safety, it was necessary to hospitalize the actor on Thursday, October 19. After the news went viral on social media, fans reacted with empathy and understanding.

The Young and the Restless spoilers reveal that in one month, it will be the anniversary of his son’s death. Diagnosed with schizophrenia as a younger man, it was tragic news and there was even a lawsuit.

The Y&R actor is dealing with a triple blow. His son committed suicide November 23, 2014 and it is close to the anniversary of that death. The mental health community allegedly didn’t do everything in their power to save his son. There could also be personal things going on in his life that are just too overwhelming right now.

Fans are sharing an abundance of support for the actor. Even though he has no idea, Kristoff St. John is receiving thousands of prayers and encouragement. Some understand what he is going through. Others don’t know what it’s like, but are still sharing positive thoughts.

The Young and the Restless Spoilers: Kristoff St. John Hospital Nightmare - Soap Fans Offer Prayers for Y&R Star's Recovery | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Forum List

Back