The Worst Recovery Ever

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Jroc, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,523
    The Worst Recovery Ever | FrontPage Magazine

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_SEMf9UhE]Gerald Celente: Economic recovery a cover up - YouTube[/ame]

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Recovery? This ain't no stinkin recovery.
    This is but a level pause on the stairsteps downward.

4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    This is the Uscitizen I like to see. It's nice to see there are liberals and conservatives out there that can be honest and not blindingly partisan.

What we are seeing is what happened under Hoover and FDR during the great depression. Massive programs that never even come close to living up to the claims Presidents make. Cost the nation shit tons of money, create massive welfare and dependency but when falling short of even the most “worst case scenarios” we get, “It could have been worse without the program.”

This is where dishonest people start dragging Bush into this as if he was some sort of small Government conservative despite the massive welfare programs and wars he did.

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    Unfortunately this is true.
    Anyone watching the talking heads on the MSM in the past few months will have noticed a change in the economic discussions no matter the channel - everyone agrees the cards are bending and the house is eventually going to fall.
    I have noticed this myself. It isn't just the Celentes and Schiffs talking about a serious downturn - they all are.
    The only thing they are disagreeing on is what the government needs to do/not do to alleviate the fall or what to do afterwords. What changes to make in a thoroughly corrupt financial system, how to hold the government responsible etc.

I just want it to happen so it gets over with.
    I am 47 years old. I don't want to still be doing business in a lousy environment 10 years from now. Let's get it over with for Pete's sake.

6. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,523
    [​IMG]

The Single Most Accurate Indicator of Labor Market Health | Mercatus

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    We need to privatize Social Security and Medicare really quick!

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I been saying for a decade this was coming and when it hit it would last at least a decade.
    Longer if we don't get our collective heads out of our butts.

9. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,098
    IMO - All of this began in the last couple year of Reagan's presidency. His Alzheimer was beginning to set in and I believe cabinet members began to operate the White House.
    Enter - Larry Summers and Alan Greenspan. Two of the three people I personally hold accountable for setting up 2007.
    Then there was Clinton, who brought in another viper named Robert Rubin. Clinton allowed these three to do basically whatever they wanted if they could give him economic prosperity...they did.
    Then there was Bush JR. Whose economic policies any fiscal conservative should be shaking their collective heads at. Like Clinton, he allowed "the experts" to have free will while he was President. Also - under George Bush, more lower income people had a negative tax liability than anyother President in history...I'll say that again...under Bush Jr. - fewer American wage earners actually paid income tax than ever before.
    Then there is Obama...or better known as "Bush II" when describing his economic policies. Obama's highest ranking economic adviser in two capacities is none other than Larry Summers - "Mr. Derivative" himself.

Yes, I am aware I left out Bush Sr. He was the "vacant" President. Whose greatest contribution was appointing great Generals and getting out of their way to fight Desert Storm - one of the most successful military engagements in world history.

10. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,863
    Recovery bein' hampered by financial shenanigans?...
    :eusa_eh:
    Is the US caught in the slow lane?
    5 July 2012 - People living in bankrupt Stockton give their verdict on the US economy
    See also:

San Bernardino Bankruptcy: Exacerbated By Criminal Acts?
    July 12, 2012 - An investigation into possible criminal activity related to San Bernardino, California's woeful financial state is ongoing. Allegations suggest that some of the city's financial documents were falsified.