The worst movies you have ever paid to see.

Lethal Weapon 3.
Couldn't take that annoying Joe Pesci and walked out.
Can't believe the crap is a series now.

Couldn't take Armageddon either. Worst Hollywood tripe ever.I hated Aerosmith after that soundtrack.

YES!! Thank you. Armageddon was the most hyperactive, visual jump-cut, motion sickness movie I've ever seen. Every scene in the movie lasted 1.3 seconds. It was like having a jackhammer in my brain for two hours.

I’m very sensitive to movies motion sickness. Just don’t remember getting sick watching Armageddon.

This movie is being used by heart attack survivors as a reference.
When people have heart attacks then they came back. They saw lights (due to lack of oxygen to the brain) then suddenly they see something like playing with their love ones or something nice.
Then best they can described was........ just like the movie Armageddon when Bruce Willis suddenly playing with her daughter.

My bet is the camera man and editor once worked for MTV.

Interesting you mention that because Michael Bay started out as a music video director - all of whom suck except for David Fincher. He's the one gold nugget in that pile of hay.
All that hyper editing from video's and horror movies lately could trigger an epileptic episode.

I've never had epilepsy in my life but when I've seen anything by Michael Bay, I start worrying I'm going to have a seizure of my own. Music video moviemakers like that are too stupid to understand that you have to let a scene go on long enough to soak up the scenery/atmosphere and get a solid idea of what's going on in that particular scene and how it fits into the story.

Know why Ridley Scott's Alien is the most effectively nerve-racking, suspenseful movie ever made? Because it built up its gargantuan suspense levels at just the right steady, subtle pace. As opposed to being a hyper, sputtering jackhammer of a movie. It let you gradually soak in its mood as opposed to beating you over the head with it.

Alien I consider the best sci-fi/horror ever. First R movie I ever saw as a kid and scared the crap out of me.
You could actually feel the hopelessness of the characters situation.
With his release of Covenant it was interesting to see more about the origins of the species but did not have the effect of that first movie. I was a little dissapointed.

First R movie I saw was Halloween. I swear to this day, I sleep with a light on because of that fucking movie. Scared the living piss out of me.

But yeah, Alien was excellent. I read that the Ridley Scott did not tell anyone about the little alien exploding out of that dudes chest, and all the actors in that scene, that's a real reaction.

I remember reading the same thing myself, Ridley Scott wanted to film the cast's actual reaction to such a crazy surprise. I've seen hundreds of horror movies in my life and now - as a middle-aged dude in his 40s - Alien is the only movie that still turns me into a nervous wreck to this today. It's a great compliment to Alien's suspense style when I say it never, ever gets easier to watch; its suspense level is hard on my nerves to this day. Like Ripley racing against the ship's self-destruct clock. Or who can forget Dallas crawling through the ship's air pipes and Lambert screaming, "It's moving towards you! Get out of there!" while you see that ominous blip moving along the scanner.

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp
50 shades of gray

Dumb and dumber 2

Hunger games 2

Flash Gordon.

I paid 50 cents to see it and still felt robbed.

I don’t recall paying 50 cents for a movie. Earliest I can remember was paying $3.50.

I paid $5.00 for watching Flesh Gordon before vhs.
Flesh Gordon? :rolleyes:
Bet the X-rated was better than Flash.

I saw one called Flesh Gordon years ago, it was not only x-rated, but it was also funny.

Just so we are clear....I said FLASH Gordon.

I looked it up on RottenTomatoes....I don't know how it got any kind of positive rating.

It was....simply awful.....

Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon.

I don’t recall paying 50 cents for a movie. Earliest I can remember was paying $3.50.

I saw one called Flesh Gordon years ago, it was not only x-rated, but it was also funny.

I looked it up on RottenTomatoes....I don't know how it got any kind of positive rating.

Flash Gordon
My bet is that both versions had about the same budget.

Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon
LOL! Flash and Flesh Gordon were both bad, but at least funny. It has been a while since I saw Flash but I think it was meant to be campy.

Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon

Understood, I just wanted to mention the x-rated one.

Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon
LOL! Flash and Flesh Gordon were both bad, but at least funny. It has been a while since I saw Flash but I think it was meant to be campy.

Flesh Gordon was x rated and wasn’t paying attention but busy trying to make my girlfriend horny.

Forum List

Back