The White House made me do it:

An admission of shoddy journalism on the part of those employed by Fox News...assuming facts and reporting them as fact without thoroughly investigating.

This is exactly what my complaint about Fox has been since this started. There is no place for "assumptions" in news.

Amazing. How many days now have Media Matters, Howard Kurtz and others say the opposite of the tools on the boards regarding FOX? What are you all so afraid of? Code Red Level regarding FOX? Watch out! Behind the screen! It's O'Reilly, Beck!, OMG!!!! The sky is falling....

Media Matters: All the actions by FOX, were 'posted' not 'aired' until after her resignation.

Kurtz:

...But for all the chatter -- some of it from Sherrod herself -- that she was done in by Fox News, the network didn't touch the story until her forced resignation was made public Monday evening, with the exception of brief comments by O'Reilly. After a news meeting Monday afternoon, an e-mail directive was sent to the news staff in which Fox Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."...

This whole debacle reminds me of the little brother who would pretend to be hurt then go run to his mother crying, telling her that his big brother hit him thus getting him in trouble. Then when truth comes out and the kid is revealed a liar, instead of taking his medicine and apologizing, he reports his mom to DSS for falling for his lie in the first place.

This whole debacle reminds me of the little brother who would pretend to be hurt then go run to his mother crying, telling her that his big brother hit him thus getting him in trouble. Then when truth comes out and the kid is revealed a liar, instead of taking his medicine and apologizing, he reports his mom to DSS for falling for his lie in the first place.

And then posting an edited video clip of the altercation on Breitbart.

LOL, the left sure wasn't worried about a "EDITED" video clip of the Tea party protest where the poor wittle congresscritters "claimed" they were called "ugly names"

nor were they CONCERNED when PMSnbc edited a clip of a BLACK MAN holding a gun and tried to portray the Tea Party as Racist scary gun toting people

No, they only demand a full clip when it USED against them.

how bout that one folks.:lol:

Last edited:
Amazing. How many days now have Media Matters, Howard Kurtz and others say the opposite of the tools on the boards regarding FOX? What are you all so afraid of? Code Red Level regarding FOX? Watch out! Behind the screen! It's O'Reilly, Beck!, OMG!!!! The sky is falling....

Media Matters: All the actions by FOX, were 'posted' not 'aired' until after her resignation.

Kurtz:

...But for all the chatter -- some of it from Sherrod herself -- that she was done in by Fox News, the network didn't touch the story until her forced resignation was made public Monday evening, with the exception of brief comments by O'Reilly. After a news meeting Monday afternoon, an e-mail directive was sent to the news staff in which Fox Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."...
Of course, when FOX Gossip Channel did go on air they dishonestly edited the full NAACP video almost exactly like the Bigotbart clip and then lied about the audience not being able to know there was a "point of redemption" after editing out the setup for the "point of redemption" that came BEFORE they started their clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMfCAoVPx0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Andrew Breitbart Defends Shirley Sherrod Story[/ame]

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

But when I...made the commitment years ago I didn't know how -- I didn't...I prayed about it that night and as our house filled with people I was back in one of the bedrooms praying and asking God to show me what I could do. I didn't have -- the path wasn't laid out that night. I just made the decision that I would stay and work. And -- And over the years things just happened.

And young people: I just want you to know that when you're true to what God wants you to do the path just opens up -- and things just come to you, you know. God is good -- I can tell you that.

When I made that commitment, I was making that commitment to black people -- and to black people only. But, you know, God will show you things and He'll put things in your path so that -- that you realize [FOX edited video starts here] that the struggle is really about poor people, [Bigotbart clip starts here] you know.

The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he -- he took a long time talking, but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing. But he had come to me for help. What he didn't know -- while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me -- was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him.

Just to remind you what Bigotbart and HanNITWITY said after showing the FOX edited clip from the whole NAACP video.

Andrew Breitbart on 'Hannity': 'This Is Not About Shirley Sherrod' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

BREITBART: And what this video shows and what the NAACP affirms in their initial rebuke is not just that Shirley Sherrod, what she said was wrong, but that the audience was laughing and applauding as she described how she maltreated the white farmer.

HANNITY: Before she gets to the end of the story which is — which she's claiming puts context. But there's a —

(CROSSTALK)

BREITBART: Did the people in the audience know that there was going to be a point of redemption?

HANNITY: No.

Gingrich, from the link:

"Well, remember, I was operating in the context of the Secretary of Agriculture having summarily fired her, and therefore there was no reason to disbelieve the clip. And what you see was one more example of the Obama administration's continuing incompetence".

Anyone see the Gingrich slip up in there?

Gingrich, from the link:

"Well, remember, I was operating in the context of the Secretary of Agriculture having summarily fired her, and therefore there was no reason to disbelieve the clip. And what you see was one more example of the Obama administration's continuing incompetence".

If you don't see the difference between a news station contributor not fully vetting a story before commenting and the Administration not fully vetting a story before acting, God help you.

Yeah, I mean what stupid morons they are to assume that the White House fired her for legitimate reasons. Yeah, totally shoddy journalism there.

Gingrich, from the link:

If you don't see the difference between a news station contributor not fully vetting a story before commenting and the Administration not fully vetting a story before acting, God help you.

So we've established that Gingrich is in no way presidential material. Okay.

Let's see if I have this straight.....The White House fires this lady,The NAACP has the tape of this event because it happened at one of their events....The WH doesn't ask the lady what the F is going on.The NAACP doesn't do the same,they both throw the lady under the bus......And,It' all FOX's fault.

Forum List

Back