The White House lie.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I do not see myself as one who over-exaggerates...or blows things out of proportion to make a point.
But I struggle to see how the below is anything but outright dishonesty. It is unbecoming of the office of the President or anyone else for that matter.
Pelosi and Reid did the exact same thing last year, and now the Obama administration is doing the same.

It is absolutely no different than if you said you are going to earn "$12,000 more this year than last year"...however your paycheck is the same - you just decided your not going to count your house payment.

White House Ignores Interest Payments in Claiming to Control Debt - FoxNews.com

This administration continually shows us that they believe the American People are too naive to see things as they are. They tend to use the gift of gab to allow the public to hear and believe one thing when, in fact, another thing is being said. And then IF they are called on it, they pooint out how they said something else and they can not be responsible for it being perceived wrong.

Many times Gibbs has said in the press conferences....."I have the transcript of what was said, and the President never said that".

Sadly, the news media doesnt read between the lines and report on the "mixed messages"...but when Fox does...as they did in this case...people say they are showing obvious bias.

Now watch....I bet some people say "sure...fox news...bunch of liars"

This administration continually shows us that they believe the American People are too naive to see things as they are. They tend to use the gift of gab to allow the public to hear and believe one thing when, in fact, another thing is being said. And then IF they are called on it, they pooint out how they said something else and they can not be responsible for it being perceived wrong.

Many times Gibbs has said in the press conferences....."I have the transcript of what was said, and the President never said that".

Sadly, the news media doesnt read between the lines and report on the "mixed messages"...but when Fox does...as they did in this case...people say they are showing obvious bias.

It is pathetic.
I don't know how to see it in any other way as it is an outright - blatant - in your face...lie.
You can't simply not count $100's billions of expenses in a budget and say your are balanced. That is simply fraud.
If a company did this to boost stock prices..they would go to jail.

Iam....

think back to the healthcare bill...

They claimed it was deficit neutral....but they took the doctor fix out of it and applied it to the budget.

It is their way of saying to the public "you are not smart enough to see what we are doing"

I do not see myself as one who over-exaggerates...or blows things out of proportion to make a point.
But I struggle to see how the below is anything but outright dishonesty. It is unbecoming of the office of the President or anyone else for that matter.
Pelosi and Reid did the exact same thing last year, and now the Obama administration is doing the same.

It is absolutely no different than if you said you are going to earn "$12,000 more this year than last year"...however your paycheck is the same - you just decided your not going to count your house payment.

White House Ignores Interest Payments in Claiming to Control Debt - FoxNews.com
I like the statement that Jack Lew sought to "Forgive the public for their confusion." What a moron, it is him that should ask for our forgiveness that he like the admin. lies.

People say that fox is biased because they refuse to see the truth. Fox is allot more truthful than the administration and the mainstream media like NBC or CNN.

Hey even liars do not lie all of the time.
But all politicians do lie some of the time and so do political pundits.

People say that fox is biased because they refuse to see the truth. Fox is allot more truthful than the administration and the mainstream media like NBC or CNN.

A lot more truthful? That means they do lie then?

One is either truthful or not, more truthful means they do lie.

Good point. I meant to say Foxnews is the truth, the admin. is the lie including mainstream media and anyone who supports obamaturd!!!!

here ya go, Obama has his new laiir in place.

lets watch as the presidents new mouth piece, beneficiary of a 200K severance package from TIME , that boy wonder james spader look alike eviscerate his integrity within the span of his first 2 days on the job......he didn't even give himself a grace period.

he will explain to jake tapper how borrowing to pay debt does not add to the debt........yes, you heard that right.

here ya go..

Jake Tapper Questions Jay Carney On The Budget - ABC News

Hey even liars do not lie all of the time.
But all politicians do lie some of the time and so do political pundits.

So, why is it that whenever it's a GOP politician or Fox, you're all over it but when it's the Dems.... you're 'crickets'? You keep claiming 'bipartisan' disdain for both parties, yet I never see any disdain for Obama.

Jackass.

It would be helpful if news outlets (and people) actually knew the mechanics of the budget process, which have been around for over a hundred years. Interest on the debt is not considered an "appropriation" for annual budget purposes, just as Social Security isn't. That may seem wrong, but until the accounting system of the federal government moves from a cash to accrual system, it's just the way it is.

United States federal budget
Mandatory Spending and Entitlements

Social Security and Medicare expenditures are funded by permanent appropriations, and so are considered "mandatory" spending according to the 1997 Budget Enforcement Act. Social Security and Medicare are sometimes called "entitlements," because people meeting relevant eligibility requirements are legally entitled to benefits. Some programs, such as Food Stamps, are appropriated entitlements. Some mandatory spending, such as Congressional salaries, is not part of any entitlement program. Interest on the national debt is not discretionary. Funds to make federal interest payments have been automatically appropriated since 1847. Mandatory spending accounted for 53% of total federal outlays in FY2007, with net interest payments accounting for an additional 8.6%. Discretionary outlays, which rely on annual appropriations for funding, accounted for 38.2% of total federal outlays in FY2007. Over the past four decades, the proportion of federal outlays spent on mandatory programs has increased on average.

Ironically, I argued the same point during the Bush Administration when it presented its annual budgets, until I was pointed in the direction that explained the perceived omission.

They just want to keep us from freaking out.

The GOP wants to cut $100 billion. they want that to seem like a lot of cuts, but it's not.

Not even close.

so they hmm and haww, magic wand, smoke and mirrors, dog and pony show us, and really end up doing little to nothing.

All the while ignoring the fact that with the dems budget 'saves us billions' , but actually adds $8 billion to the debt.

If you don't have a garden, you better get some bucketts and figure out how to grow your own food.

Good point. I meant to say Foxnews is the truth, the admin. is the lie including mainstream media and anyone who supports obamaturd!!!!

Are you implying that Foxnews is not apart of the mainstream media? I mean more people watch Foxnews than CNN, or MSNBC. So how can they be mainstream-but Foxnews not be?

:cuckoo:

lets watch as the presidents new mouth piece, beneficiary of a 200K severance package from TIME , that boy wonder james spader look alike eviscerate his integrity within the span of his first 2 days on the job......he didn't even give himself a grace period.

he will explain to jake tapper how borrowing to pay debt does not add to the debt........yes, you heard that right.

here ya go..

F*ck...what a blowhard. You notice of course that these press conferences are absolutely worthless. You can ask as straight a forward question as possible - but 100% of the time you will get a complicated rendition of nothingness that always leads to the same talking points of the office no matter what.

They just want to keep us from freaking out.

The GOP wants to cut $100 billion. they want that to seem like a lot of cuts, but it's not.

Not even close.

so they hmm and haww, magic wand, smoke and mirrors, dog and pony show us, and really end up doing little to nothing.

All the while ignoring the fact that with the dems budget 'saves us billions' , but actually adds $8 billion to the debt.

If you don't have a garden, you better get some bucketts and figure out how to grow your own food.

They want that particular $100 billion to come off THIS year's budget that already exists. The number started at $92 billion, was reduced to $32 billion after they came back down to earth, and now they're back in LaLaLand. Stay tuned. :lol:

Are you implying that Foxnews is not apart of the mainstream media? I mean more people watch Foxnews than CNN, or MSNBC. So how can they be mainstream-but Foxnews not be?

:cuckoo:

The better point, of course, is yours.

here ya go..

F*ck...what a blowhard. You notice of course that these press conferences are absolutely worthless. You can ask as straight a forward question as possible - but 100% of the time you will get a complicated rendition of nothingness that always leads to the same talking points of the office no matter what.

The Press Secretary's foremost duty is spokesperson for the policies of the present administration. He's not there to agree or disagree with some reporter's bias or opinion or supply any personal opinion on any matter whatsoever.

Forum List

Back