Conservatives VS Liberals. How accurate are these to you guys?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
If a liberal doesn't like a talk show host he demands the show be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

So what do you guys think of these? Accurate? Innacurate? Why are they accurate or innacurate?

If a child with no-health care gets sick-liberals want them to be covered.
If a child with no-health care gets sick-conservatives don't care.

If a liberal doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't.
If a conservative doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't think anyone else should.

If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-liberals want the company responsible to pay all those effected.
If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-conservatives don't care if they get reimbursed.

If a liberal believes in creationism-they teach it to their children in their own homes.
If a conservative believes in creationism-they think ALL children should be taught it.

If a conservative lies about weapons of mass destruction/connections with 9/11 of iraq-liberals didn't impeach him.
If a liberal lies about a blowjob conservatives impeach him.

See what I did there? You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda. Don't be so ridiculous.

If a conservative isn't gay he wants gay marriage outlawed.

If a conservative is a christian, he wants government to endorse christianity.

If a conservative wants war, he wants government to do it immediately and tax our brains out accordingly.

If a conservative doesn't do drugs, he wants trillions of huge taxpayer dollars spent to make sure others don't.

If a conservative doesn't cuss, he wants every word in all media regulated to make sure no one else hears it or can say it.

That being said, I agree with your points on liberals, just conservatives do the EXACT same thing with other issues. You guys have the same principles really.
How's that sound?

Last edited:
The 1st post is still more accurate than 2 and 3. Also interesting that the two libs haven't actually denied anuthing in post 1 so far.

So I'm assuming 2 of you dissagree with the statements.

Which statement do you disagree with and why. If more than one number them please and we can discuss.

Your not afraid to discuss it right? ;) :)

The 1st post is still more accurate than 2 and 3. Also interesting that the two libs haven't actually denied anuthing in post 1 so far.

Lol the 2 libs, that's cute.

I agreed with him, and also showed how his views were hypocritical.

Both republicans and democrats are desperate to have the U.S. taxpayer taxed to the tune of trillions of dollars in order to pay for their big government programs. Doesn't make any difference to me, same principle, I'm against both.

Back in the day being conservative meant low taxes and small government, those virtues have been replaced with big government and big spending.

Which statement do you disagree with and why. If more than one number them please and we can discuss.

"That being said, I agree with your points on liberals"

I agree with you, but you're in a backhanded way trying to spread a lie that republicans don't want government invading people's rights, taking over their lives, etc etc.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed. Not all guns. Just the guns that are designed to create as much mayhem as possible (semi-automatic handguns with high capacity clips) Saying "all" guns is hyperbole isn't it?If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone. I've yet to read anything about banning "all" meat products. More hyperbole.If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect. Not 'respect' just equality. That seems to be the sticking point with homophobes.If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him. I wonder if that Conservative will accept unemployment benefits while he is down and out? That is never mentioned, is it?
If a liberal doesn't like a talk show host he demands the show be shut down. More hyperbole.If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. In government buildings, yes.

So what do you guys think of these? Accurate? Innacurate? Why are they accurate or innacurate?
Hope this both clears things up and muddies the waters!:lol:

First of all you're generalizing all liberals and all conservatives. So by default you're not entirely correct. But I'll bite. PS-I'm not a liberal, and I actually don't believe in everything I posted in my post-I was playing devil's advocate.

1. I agree that there's a lot of liberals that want to outlaw guns-and I don't support that idea.

2. Name some liberals who're trying to outlaw the eating of meat? PETA, and organizations like that are the extremists-show me where the average liberal wants to outlaw the eating of meat. I bet the majority of liberals on this board eat meat. I've never met a single vegetarian who said meat should be outlawed-not one.

3. Pretty sure there are gay conservatives who want the right to be married. A very LARGE of Americans support legalizing gay marriages-including some conservatives (Cheney comes to mind).

4. Are you suggesting that there are no Republicans on well-fare, or who receive government aide? That's ridiculous-you know damn well there are some who are.

My grandfather was a liberal, and never voted conservative (and even voted for, and liked obama alot)-who grew up in the depression, and would have one potato, glass of water, and a slice of bread for dinner. He couldn't even stay in high school, as his father ran out on his family, and he had to drop out to support his mother and younger siblings, he then joined the military-fought in 3 wars for the U.S., is currently interred in Arlington and lived out the American dream of making it in America by pulling himself up by the boot straps. Never received a dime of government aide.

So there's one example of a liberal who made the best out of a bad situation. See what generalizing does?

5. The conservatives are just as much PC police as liberals are. I play guitar in a heavy metal band, and play local shows-even at these events every now and then the extremist conservative religious nuts will show up and tell me how I'm going to hell, and that I shouldn't be allowed to play that type of music.

6. They want religious talk out of schools, except in the historical context, because there's no state religion in the United States. You want to teach your kids your religious beliefs-fine, no problem-do it on your own time, and your own dime.

I'm not a liberal. My post was meant to be Devil's advocate. I'm actually anti-abortion, pro-death penalty, pro-fair flat tax, pro-gun ownership, think we need to severely cut back on government handouts, didn't vote Democrat in the past election.

How does it feel boxing people in? Ironically the point of my post was that you can't realistically box people into labels-yet you did exactly that in your response. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"That being said, I agree with your points on liberals"

I agree with you, but you're in a backhanded way trying to spread a lie that republicans don't want government invading people's rights, taking over their lives, etc etc.

They aren't my points. Sorry I got that from an email and I had many thoughts and wanted to see what others were thinking.

I haven't said if I agree or disagree yet ;). I just want to see what others think and didn't want to taint their posts with my own opinion on the statements.

Wow some people are missing the point of this thread by a mile and making themselves look foolish and partisan in the process.

Well it's a good thing the OP isn't partisan!

Did you read the end of the OP where I asked specific questions...the ones you ignored when you made your blindly partisan response?

Plymco I got ur OP, but to most people that would read as a loaded original post

(republican=good, democrat=bad)

If a child with no-health care gets sick-liberals want them to be covered. But he wants the conservative to pay for it
If a child with no-health care gets sick-conservatives don't care. Wants the parents to care for thier child and take them to the taxpayer funded clinic.

If a liberal doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't.
If a conservative doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't think anyone else should.

If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-liberals want the company responsible to pay all those effected.
If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-conservatives don't care if they get reimbursed. Not true, we just don't want the government taking a cut.

If a liberal believes in creationism-they teach it to their children in their own homes.
If a conservative believes in creationism-they think ALL children should be taught it. pfft

If a conservative lies about weapons of mass destruction/connections with 9/11 of iraq-liberals didn't impeach him. Lack of balls or lack of facts?
If a liberal lies about a blowjob conservatives impeach him. Lied under oath.

See what I did there? You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda. Don't be so ridiculous.

Why not, it's fun.

they are inaccurate because they imply that ALL Liberals and Conservatives adhere to these statements and that is false.....they do not....

If a conservative isn't gay he wants gay marriage outlawed. sadly some do.

If a conservative is a christian, he wants government to endorse christianity. vs Mayan gods? damn right.

If a conservative wants war, he wants government to do it immediately and tax our brains out accordingly. 65% of all American war were started by a (D)

If a conservative doesn't do drugs, he wants trillions of huge taxpayer dollars spent to make sure others don't. not so much anymore.

If a conservative doesn't cuss, he wants every word in all media regulated to make sure no one else hears it or can say it. maners is not something Hollywood cares about, so they brought it upon themselves.

That being said, I agree with your points on liberals, just conservatives do the EXACT same thing with other issues. You guys have the same principles really.
How's that sound?

Sounds about right.:lol:

Forum List

Back