The Welfare State: The Future is Now.

1. The increase in recent years is the result of the recession and the government trying to get assistance to those who need it. freebeacon.com/study-food-sta...lfare-program/ economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tamps-program/
2. Anybody can recognize the far right’s desire to punish the poor. Winston Churchill supported the expansion of government services after WWII.
3. The expanded services’ expense now will save several times its cost in prisons and continuing welfare on the far side.
4 And demonstrate how the Omnibus Spending bill services food stamp ads in Mexico is a bad thing if it is aimed at American citizens there.

1. "The increase in recent years is the result of the recession..."
No it isn't.

It's not because of anything significant that Obama has done. Virtually every relaxation of eligibility limits for food stamps has been done at the state level.

You know, that state vs. federal government thing that you conservatives adore:

There have been policy changes that have relaxed the eligibility requirements for food stamps, but they’ve been enacted by state governments, not Congress or the Obama administration. Since the end of the Clinton administration, states have had the option to raise the maximum limits for gross income and assets. In 2008, about 20 states took that option, according to the USDA, and now 43 states have.

Gingrich says Obama is the ?food stamp president.? Is he? - The Washington Post

1. The increase in recent years is the result of the recession and the government trying to get assistance to those who need it. freebeacon.com/study-food-sta...lfare-program/ economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tamps-program/
2. Anybody can recognize the far right’s desire to punish the poor. Winston Churchill supported the expansion of government services after WWII.
3. The expanded services’ expense now will save several times its cost in prisons and continuing welfare on the far side.
4 And demonstrate how the Omnibus Spending bill services food stamp ads in Mexico is a bad thing if it is aimed at American citizens there.

No it isn't.

It's not because of anything significant that Obama has done. Virtually every relaxation of eligibility limits for food stamps has been done at the state level.

There have been policy changes that have relaxed the eligibility requirements for food stamps, but they’ve been enacted by state governments, not Congress or the Obama administration. Since the end of the Clinton administration, states have had the option to raise the maximum limits for gross income and assets. In 2008, about 20 states took that option, according to the USDA, and now 43 states have.

Half of your posts are outright lies.
Well, that's not true.
It's more like three quarters.

"...states took that option,...."

A federal government option?

No it isn't.

Well, that's not true.

Learn to read, and practice shutting up until you can.

Well, that's not true.

Learn to read, and practice shutting up until you can.

See that....a 'tell'....

How uncivil you become whenever you lose......

And of course, the default for any Liberal is to shut down opposing voices because of how regularly you are shown to be a loser.

Destroying welfare for the poor, in order put them in prison, costs five times more. That's like castrating yourself so that you can be morally superior.

"Destroying welfare for the poor, in order put them in prison,..."

This construction certainly proves that you are as dumb as asphalt.

Teaching values and personal responsibility is the cure for both crime and poverty.

Just a guess....you're a government school grad.

And evertime a bell rings an angel gets their wings.

I don't want you to feel left out....here's a beating for you, too.

8. Amazing how much damage you can do when you control government and academia....
You can make things up and get the 'scholars' to find a way to support it, you know, the way the psychology industry finds that every lack self-control or misbehavior is a syndrome, or a disorder, or a newly discovered disease.

For example... what about the ‘epidemic of obesity??

Doesn’t the evidence suggest that the problem is hardly a lack of food?
No problem for the Liberal-lobby!

Just invent a new pathology, a new euphemism!
While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

Watch:

• In 2010, 17.2 million households, 14.5 percent of households (approximately one in seven), were food insecure, the highest number ever recorded in the United States 1(Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. v.)

• In 2010, about one-third of food-insecure households (6.7 million households, or 5.4 percent of all U.S. households) had very low food security (compared with 4.7 million households (4.1 percent) in 2007. In households with very low food security, the food intake of some household members was reduced, and their normal eating patterns were disrupted because of the household’s food insecurity (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. v., Nord 2009, p. iii.) .

• In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). Hunger in America: 2013 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

I recall being food-insecure when they stopped making Twinkies.....

But....

"As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms.

Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Must be all that starvation....

Who said that? Oh just you and your strawman

Only a complete dumbass would say that after this comment....

"And evertime a bell rings an angel gets their wings.":cuckoo:

So basically you didnt have a point so you go back to name calling. Congrats!

You know why folks laugh at you?

Here's why:

" ....you didnt have a point...."

The point is well-made, obvious to all, well supported with quotes and links....and far more transparent than the administration that you worship.....

....but to try to try to deny the point.....

...ready?....

YOU CLAIM TO BE IGNORANT!!!

Your defense to the charges leveled is that you DIDN'T UNDERSTAND 'EM!!!

Oh, man...It doesn't get any better!

Y'know....sometimes I think I should do both sides of the debate, just so there is intelligence on both sides.....

I might, if you change your name to 'Fish In A Barrel.'

So.....you must believe that Liberal policy is in the hands of morons.....

Since all members of a political party (any/all political parties) are morons, that makes all political policy brought forth by them moronic as well. Regardless of whether it's Liberal or (supposedly) Conservative policy.

Your post can be summarized with the ol' computer explanation: GIGO

"Destroying welfare for the poor, in order put them in prison,..."

This construction certainly proves that you are as dumb as asphalt.

Teaching values and personal responsibility is the cure for both crime and poverty.

Just a guess....you're a government school grad.

8. Amazing how much damage you can do when you control government and academia....
You can make things up and get the 'scholars' to find a way to support it, you know, the way the psychology industry finds that every lack self-control or misbehavior is a syndrome, or a disorder, or a newly discovered disease.

While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

Watch:

• In 2010, 17.2 million households, 14.5 percent of households (approximately one in seven), were food insecure, the highest number ever recorded in the United States 1(Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. v.)

• In 2010, about one-third of food-insecure households (6.7 million households, or 5.4 percent of all U.S. households) had very low food security (compared with 4.7 million households (4.1 percent) in 2007. In households with very low food security, the food intake of some household members was reduced, and their normal eating patterns were disrupted because of the household’s food insecurity (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. v., Nord 2009, p. iii.) .

• In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). Hunger in America: 2013 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

But....

"As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms.

Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

Psychology, obesity, poor, Food insecurity, Moon landing, Area 51....Twinkies.

lay off the bottle...too much saki

Watch:

But....

Psychology, obesity, poor, Food insecurity, Moon landing, Area 51....Twinkies.

lay off the bottle...too much saki

So....since you haven't found any thing incorrect, nothing you could argue was not true.....

....I win?

Liberals are stupid, malevolent......or both?

Deal.

BTW....let's add this into the mix: I have never seen a single episode of the cartoon you seem so attached to....not one.

I read.

Could be the explanations for each of our posts.....

Last edited:
Yeah sure you win the internet. You can add that to your sad existence and type more paragraphs you big ol winner you

The whole key lies in more and more people gaining higher education and training so the low wage jobs are phased out. One cannot survive on minimum wage. Not possible. I know folks who are working 40 hours per week and getting assistance. They don't have college degrees.

So.....you must believe that Liberal policy is in the hands of morons.....

Since all members of a political party (any/all political parties) are morons, that makes all political policy brought forth by them moronic as well. Regardless of whether it's Liberal or (supposedly) Conservative policy.

Except for fiscal conservatism.
You have to practice fiscal conservatism to keep your car and house.
And Democrats do not practice fiscal conservatism.
Everyone should.

Yes, training and education are the key but one has to be challenged and endure adversity without the first reaction always being to put your hand out for someone else to be responsible for your needs.
I vividly remember 9th grade in 1968 when they lined me up against a senior in a high school team scrimmage. I was 6'2" and maybe a buck 60 if that. The lineman I went against ran me over and stepped on me. I was looking out of my ear hole in the helmet getting up. I was taught to work a little harder on my technique and not give up by the coaches.
And there were many, many times of pressure and adversity.
Of course we need to help those in need and many times we come up short but the real test and how people are judged in the real world is not how they act when things are great and going well but how they act when they are under pressure and going through adversity.
The current administration's policy is to teach people just to give up, go to government, apply for every assistance program there is and social security disablilty.
A terrible way to teach the youth of this great nation to overcome the adversity that they will surely face.

Why do those that claim to be Christian, are the ones that hate it when the hungry can eat, the homeless can get a place to live and those without a cloak are given one and more?

Why do those that claim to be Christian, are the ones that hate it when the hungry can eat, the homeless can get a place to live and those without a cloak are given one and more?

I can't speak for Christians, but the argument against the welfare state isn't an argument against altruism. No one is complaining about people helping the poor. The problem is when you want to force your neighbors to help the poor.

Forum List

Back