The war recovery?

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
When the midterm election cycle began, the prevailing opinion was that Barack Obama was cleverer and more inspirational than anyone else on the scene. As it ends, nothing appears to have changed.

OH, YES, I know that Democrats have fallen into a peck of trouble and may lose control of Congress. But even if they do, Obama can still storm back to win a second term in 2012. He is that much better than the competition.

The war recovery?

According to Broder the best way to save the economy, and thus guarantee Obama a second term, is to start a war with Iran. Now Broder is quick to say, "I am not suggesting, of course, that the president incite a war to get reelected." However, if that's not what he's saying then it's unclear exactly what he's saying, because it certainly appears that Broder is advocating taking that step. Broder apparently doesn't know that taking money out of the productive sector of the economy to invade a country and buy the equipment necessary to kill people doesn't actually help the economy. Not to mention the moral question of attacking a nation that has done absolutely no harm to us and inevitably killing countless numbers of innocent civilians.

God help us. It won't be long before this kind of political logic leads us back to the WWs of old.

Depressions prepare the people for war, and the rioters in France and Greece are all young punks who just want to vent their rage. Or Fodder.

And we should believe Pat Buchannon?
Just another opinion just like all of us have.

And since he's not here to give his opinion himself I figured I'd do him a favor and post it for him. I also agreed with it, so I thought others might find it interesting as well.

Forum List

Back