The War On Marriage

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

"Having to get married before getting pregnant? Are you kidding me???"

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

Marriage is what YOU make of it

The success or failure of other peoples marriage has no impact on you. The goal is to enter a relationship that will last the rest of your life. If others don't succeed it has no bearing on your relationship

Some people thrive in a marriage, others were never meant to be in a relationship. Many people should never have children.

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

do those people swim upstream to spawn, or do they just fuck incessantly around the house?

big-family.jpg

Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore.

Was it always the reason and was it the only reason?

I get the drift of your OP Mudwhistle but I am with Old Rocks on this. Why had marriage lost favor with so many today is the question I would ask. I honestly don't think this is a "blame lefties" only for the societal change. I suspect the independence of women has made marriage more of a choice than an ultimate goal. Also men in years gone by often had to marry to get laid on a regular basis. Not anymore.

big-family.jpg

19 kids were normal 50 years ago? you sure bro? I know Magic Johnson grew up with 9 brothers and sisters but 19 kids is a bit much, even for back than.

whoa is anyone who cries instead of quietly leading by example, ya big buncha traditionalist babies.

If your opinions and lifestyles are strong enough to live through and flourish amongst differing opinions and lifestyles, then they were weak and meant to die off. Die slow.

It isn't marriage specifically that progressive want to destroy. It's the family. Encouraging divorce is a necessary part of this vital job.

big-family.jpg

19 kids were normal 50 years ago? you sure bro? I know Magic Johnson grew up with 9 brothers and sisters but 19 kids is a bit much, even for back than.

mudwhistle just tipped his hand

This is why Republicans are at war against birth control...they want everyone to have 19 kids

Barefoot and pregnant...the good ole days

It isn't marriage specifically that progressive want to destroy. It's the family. Encouraging divorce is a necessary part of this vital job.

Nobody encourages divorce. But many marriages are not meant to be. Forcing people to remain married is not the answer

You want to know the major reason encouraging divorce?

Women in the workplace. As high paying jobs became available to women they could say......I don't have to put up with this shit

People criticize the family pictured becasuse they continue to have children knowing how dangerous it is for those future children.

I think the decline of marriage is partly because of societal changes, and partly because of government incentives.

big-family.jpg

I'm counting 17, but I had 4 brothers and sisters and my wife had 12 that lived to make it out of diapers.

My point is what is considered a normal family has changed. I don't think it's an improvement. Each case is different but what passes for normal has new problems that go with it.

Maybe but who encourages divorce? No one could ever make me divorce nor could they make me stay in a bad marriage. Honestly, maybe I am just not easily controlled(says those who know and love me lol) but society simply does not have that much of a direct impact on me.

If you are suggesting that my 20 year marriage is unnecessary and invalid because we don't have children I take offense and would yell you go straight to hell.

The happiest married couples I know don't have children.

My wife of nearly 3 decades and I have 2 children and we have a reputation of being the happiest married couple in our town.

Happiness encompasses ALL aspects of life...and if you handle life with optimism, there will be the perfect balance .

What about freedom of choice? My eldest has not been married and does not plan on it. i doubt it was because of liberals, it's his choice and hedoesn't want to have to go through the conflicts of adjusting to someones way of life by giving uo his.

There is no attack on marriage. The big difference today is that people have choices that they didn't have before.

They can choose not to get married, they can choose not to continue an unhappy marriage, they can choose whether or not to have children and how many children.

Anyone that wants to have a life-time marriage can do so. They can also have as many children as they want.

The BIG problem is that everyone is led to believe that they must get married, they must have children, and they must stay married for their entire lifetime. That there's some great immorality if they don't.

This causes a lot of people to get married and have children when that's not what they really want. That causes marriages to fail and children to be unwanted.

No, there is no attack on marriage. There is only a constant unrealistic expectation that everyone should be married and have children. That doesn't work for many people.

Forum List

Back