The view from LONDON...democracy doesnt work in the US.

free to own a gun? No one wants to own a gun if Europe... apart from the criminals and the nuts... .why would anyone want to own a gun? very bizarre.

why would a wanker like you ...care why americans want to do anything on this side of the pond?

free to own a gun? No one wants to own a gun if Europe... apart from the criminals and the nuts... .why would anyone want to own a gun? very bizarre.

why would a wanker like you ...care why americans want to do anything on this side of the pond?
also, he must not know about the swiss
i'd love to see him try to take their guns away

I never understand when americans chant this mantra? You were making so much sense up until this.... and now i am worried that you too have become part of this brainwashed.... "we are free.. .the greatest nation on earth nonsense".

I never hear brits or Irish or germans or italians or swedes or icelanders or swiss or austrians or australians or danes or norwegians or belgians or spanish or any of virtually any other country... of which all our much freer and democratic than the US...chant this weird mantra....

Are all americans somehow under the impression that they are the only free nation on earth? Is it because none of you have ever travelled and so dont see that most countries are much freer and more prosperous than you?

I never said anything about greatest nation on earth. We are far from that. I said free. Meaning that anyone from anywhere can make as much money and prosper if they want to. Its fairly easy to become a citizen. Plus, you bashed democracy as a whole, yet nearly every country in europe has structured its government around some form of indirect democracy or are is in the process of doing so. You can call it whatever form of democracy you want, it has survived since the Greek rule in Athens, and to the middle ages...to now. As long as your country gives some type of electoral voting power to the citizens, it is some form of democracy

Last edited:
I never said anything about greatest nation on earth. We are far from that. I said free. Meaning that anyone from anywhere can make as much money and prosper if they want to. Its fairly easy to become a citizen. Plus, you bashed democracy as a whole, yet nearly every country in europe has structured its government around some form of indirect democracy or are is in the process of doing so. You can call it whatever form of democracy you want, it has survived since the Greek rule in Athens, and to the middle ages...to now. As long as your country gives some type of electoral voting power to the citizens, it is some form of democracy

THe only difference being that ..the US form is a once every four years choice between 2 billionaire self interest groups?

Is that what you are trying to say?

Everyone who voted for BUSH...voted to give him free licence to make billions for his family and friends. I want some of that democracy...sounds very fair and free.

Actually your demographic is almost totally backwards.

Got any statistical data to support that claim?

1) The vast majority of democratic voters are the uneducated, unskilled working poor or poorly educated union and hourly wage earners, who vote for anyone they feel will give them handouts.

I'll show you my degrees if you show me yours.

The rest are either,

2) Intellectual elite, most academians with advanced degrees that live in the bubble world of the theoretical

I wish.

3) The super wealthy who are on a guilt trip.

Obviously they must be stupid, right?

Republicans are actually mostly educated with two and four year degrees. They tend to be entrepenuers, small businessmen, and corporate salaried workers in the professions, like accounting, IT, legal, management. The day of the right wing evangelical movement as a political force pretty much died in the 1980's after Reagan. they are not much more than a fringe group now.

Show us the source of these claims, please. I think you're making them up as you go along.

The large denomination in the country is Catholic and that group leans Democratic.

Now I know you're just making stuff up.

According to the CIA,[3] the following is the order of religious preferences in the United States:
  • Christian: (78.5%)
    • Protestant (51.3%)
    • Roman Catholic (23.9%)
    • Mormon (1.7%)
    • other Christian (1.6%)
  • unaffiliated (12.1%)
  • none (4%)
  • other or unspecified (2.5%)
  • Jewish (1.7%)
  • Buddhist (0.7%)
  • Muslim (0.6%)

Actually your demographic is almost totally backwards.

Got any statistical data to support that claim?

I'll show you my degrees if you show me yours.

I wish.

Obviously they must be stupid, right?

Show us the source of these claims, please. I think you're making them up as you go along.

Now I know you're just making stuff up.

you do know that "Protestant" isn't a denomination, right?
of course you do.

I seem to recall a piece of paper somewhere declaring we didn't really care to have the British deciding our politics for us.

Forum List

Back